SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    State Republican primaries for 2020 senate elections
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

State Republican primaries for 2020 senate elections Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
There are a few states where the REPs have a shot at unseating an incumbent DEM.

If you are in one of those, it is not too early to be thinking about the REP primary vote to select who will run against the incumbent DEM.

We will need good candidates.

Although it will be a tough battle, I believe Virginia could be one of those states.

DEM senator Mark Warner is running for reelection in Nov 2020.

Warner narrowly won in 2014 by 18,000 votes out of over 2 million votes cast. A third party candidate drew thousands of REP votes and virtually no DEM votes (according to NBC exit poll data). Mainly because of roundoff error, it is impossible from the exit data to calculate exactly how many REP votes were diverted, but the number could arguably be 30,000.

In 2020 Elizabeth Warren could well be the DEM candidate. Virginia has gotten awfully "blue", but Warren may drive DEM voters away and energize REP voters. The DEM impeachment fiasco could energize REP voters also. So we could see higher numbers in REP turnout.

The VA REP senate primary vote will be in June 2020. The general election will be in Nov 2020.

The current VA REP candidates for senator are not strong in political experience. In going over them, I am supporting Daniel Gade.

Retired army, severely wounded in Iraq. But a strong will to overcome challenges.

His website is here:

https://www.gadeforvirginia.com/

and a Powerline endorsement for Gade is :

https://www.powerlineblog.com/...e-for-the-senate.php

First Gade has to win the June 2020 primary, and then he would have to defeat Warner in the general.

Wouldn't be the first time we elected a nonpolitician to high office. Smile

Posts: 19561 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to the Texas U.S. Representatives that are up for reelection. Luckily my district is safe with Michael McCaul at the helm.

OF NOTE: BOTH shitheads Sheila Jackson Lee AND Al Green are both up for reelection. There HAS to be a way to sway voters to stop voting these wastes of humanity into office, but given their districts and its collective IQ, I just don't know what that is.

https://ballotpedia.org/United...tions_in_Texas,_2020

I am happy to list out the Demotards who will be running:

District 07 - Lizzie Pannill Fletcher
District 09 - AL GREEN
District 15 - Vicente Gonzalez
District 16 - Veronica Escobar (dickhead Beto "I think I'm the whitey hispanic" O'Rourke's former district)
District 18 - SHEILA JACKSON LEE
District 20 - Joaquin Castro
District 28 - Henry Cuellar
District 29 - Sylvia Garcia
District 30 - Eddie Bernice Johnson
District 32 - Colin Allred
District 33 - Marc Veasey
District 34 - Fileman Vela
District 35 - Lloyd Doggett

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
OF NOTE: BOTH shitheads Sheila Jackson Lee AND Al Green are both up for reelection. There HAS to be a way to sway voters to stop voting these wastes of humanity into office, but given their districts and its collective IQ, I just don't know what that is.

Yeah, not going to happen in our lifetime. Those districts will never turn red.
On the other hand, I'm still pissed that District 7, after 50 years of being red, went blue last year. In fact, the entire Harris County government turned blue. Mad

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post