SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A sincere thank you...to Sigforum as a whole!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A sincere thank you...to Sigforum as a whole! Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
I’m gonna borrow from the Bill Burr thread and try not to “sound gay”, but I want you guys to know how much you help me out.

Been outside the lower 48 for more than 6 years now and it gets tough. 12 months in a foreign country on lockdown without the option of traveling, I can’t even go a city over!

Missing home and missing everything, which the “what was your MOS,NEC” thread has taught me is not an experience reserved to me alone. Many, MANY of you have been here before, many under far worse circumstances. It’s nice to realize your in like company, and good company.

This forum is a wealth of knowledge, just listening to Q, Rogue, Offgrid, etc. talk about their particular areas of expertise proves that point. But more than that you guys make people feel at home.

Thank you very much! Wish I could buy you all a beer!

Hope that wasn’t too sentimental...if it was go fuck yourselves or something.

ETA: I know the mods and Para don’t do this for recognition or reward, and while I’ve tried in the past I’m probably far behind in repaying my debt, but thank you to the you guys as well. I know it don’t mean much from one dude, but thank you.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
GFY. And, do NOT die. We love you, man. Razz

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I’m a member of quite a few forums but this one is the best.

Posts: 4106 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks Otto and and Thank You for your Service.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I feel you.

But I swear to God, if any of ya'll try to hug me, you're getting a throat punch, friends or not.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I feel you.

But I swear to God, if any of ya'll try to hug me, you're getting a throat punch, friends or not.

Oh, c'mon, admit it...yer just shy... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
I feel you.

Oh, c'mon, admit it...yer just shy... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Just don't punch me in the taint... Big Grin

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Eventhough we have worn different service uniforms you will see that when you knows what hits the fan and we jumped into the same fox hole we chewed the same dirt. God bless our troops be they past/present/future. .......................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
I feel you.

Better not! Keep your hands to yourself! Who do you think you are, joe biden? Eek

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
OttoSig. Never fear. Whenever you need it, I got your six.

But I'm a Navy guy.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19659 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Step #1 -- Go get you a Soju
Step #2 -- Drink it
Step #3 -- Know that I found a place local that sells it and we just had a drink together. Thanks for that.

Tinyman (Osan 84/85)

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Otto,
you Rat Bastard. Pull your head out of your ass, grab your boot straps and lift...

We love you Brother, You are not alone.

You can reach out to me anytime (email in my profile).

And remember a good sailor never leaves his buddy's behind, and neither does a good infantryman. Razz

Oh and it takes a college education to break the equipment, but a high school education to fix the equipment.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post