SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FBI agent dismissed from Mueller probe changed Comey description of Clinton
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FBI agent dismissed from Mueller probe changed Comey description of Clinton Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Trump may clean it up,...

Let’s hope so. Part of the problem is that a small percentage of the population even knows or cares about this stuff. If people started raising hell about it, someone might start trying to clean up this crap agency.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
Who can fire whom at the FBI? The top 30 or 40+ people in the FBI should be fired. Just to begin cleaning house. And if they can’t be fired, defund the fbi.

Every member of the Senior Executive Service and every political appointee who was not appointed by President Trump can, and must, be fired across the entire Executive Branch. Every damn one. Including a few stand up conservatives I know who are SES. I would also suggest removing every flag officer under the grounds of "lost faith in their ability to lead."

There are legions of career GS-15s that can do the job of the SES and political hack categories.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
Who can fire whom at the FBI? The top 30 or 40+ people in the FBI should be fired. Just to begin cleaning house. And if they can’t be fired, defund the fbi.

Every member of the Senior Executive Service and every political appointee who was not appointed by President Trump can, and must, be fired across the entire Executive Branch. Every damn one. Including a few stand up conservatives I know who are SES. I would also suggest removing every flag officer under the grounds of "lost faith in their ability to lead."

There are legions of career GS-15s that can do the job of the SES and political hack categories.

They may be just as inept as the current job holder, though.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The corp of GS-Trolls is half of the swamp.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would also suggest removing every flag officer under the grounds of "lost faith in their ability to lead."

Not the dumbest thing I’ve heard, but pretty fucking close to it.

Does the herd need to be culled? Certainly. But if you chop them all off, you’re stuck with trying to replace them with the hacks at the O-6 level, who will only power trip at their rapid rise to power.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
So being a Trump-hating, Hillary-loving biased hack is not cause for firing, leaking to the Washington Compost is the reason... Mueller's got some splaining to do.

Isn't leaking classified information a felony? why isn't this guy copping a plea like Flynn?

Mueller Fired FBI’s Strzok for Leaking Classified Trump Intel to Washington Post; Mueller Knew Agent Was Anti-Trump When Hired

Some truths here: Mueller already knew the FBI’s Peter Strzok didn’t like President Donald Trump yet still hired him, according to FBI and DOJ sources. But that has little to do with why Strzok was expelled from the Special Counsel’s team.

Embattled FBI Section Chief Strzok has been labeled in recent days as Trump-hating gigolo who had a salacious sexual affair with a married FBI lawyer and for those reasons he could no longer serve on the investigative team of U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller. Yet that, again, has little to do with the real reasons Mueller sacked FBI’s Strzok, a high ranking section chief, sources in the FBI and DOJ said.

Mueller suspected Strzok of leaking classified details about his team’s FBI raid on Paul Manafort’s house, a story the Washington Post first printed in August, several FBI and DOJ sources confirm. The Manafort search warrant is a sealed document and not a public record. The Post’s story offered a detailed glimpse of the pre-dawn raid of Manfort’s Virginia home, which rousted Manafort and his wife out of bed.

Within days of the story Mueller concluded the Post offered details only a member of the Special Counsel’s inner circle could have known:

The raid, which occurred without warning on July 26, signaled an aggressive new approach by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III and his team in dealing with a key figure in the Russia inquiry. Manafort has been under increasing pressure as the Mueller team looked into his personal finances and his professional career as a highly paid foreign political consultant.

The search warrant requested documents related to tax, banking and other matters. People familiar with the search said agents departed the Manafort residence with a trove of material, including binders prepared ahead of Manafort’s congressional testimony.

The raid also could have been intended to send a message to Trump’s former campaign chairman that he should not expect gentle treatment or legal courtesies from Mueller’s team members, who already have begun combing through Manafort’s complicated financial past.

Federal sources said Mueller fired Strzok one week after the story appeared in the Washington Post and after conducting an internal probe to isolate the leak. Mueller may have examined telecommunications of team members, sources said, which would reveal such things as anti-Trump texts and communications with members of the media, including the Washington Post.

Sources confirm Strzok’s removal from the team had very little to do with his anti-Trump texts or his sexual romp with FBI lawyer Lisa Page, who works for FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.
Strzok was the FBI’s primary investigator who played a central role in the following cases:

Interrogated suspects in the Hillary Clinton email investigation including Huma Abedin and Cheryl Mills
Helped craft James Comey’s memo and speech to exonerate Hilly Clinton from criminal wrongdoing
Was part of the review team handling Huma Abedin’s and Anthony Weiner’s laptop emails and images
Supervised the Russia probe of Trump and associates for Mueller
Helped commission the FBI’s hiring of Christopher Steele for the bogus Trump dossier

Strzok has been reassigned to the human resources department of the FBI.

http://truepundit.com/mueller-...ti-trump-when-hired/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
I would also suggest removing every flag officer under the grounds of "lost faith in their ability to lead."

Not the dumbest thing I’ve heard, but pretty fucking close to it.

Does the herd need to be culled? Certainly. But if you chop them all off, you’re stuck with trying to replace them with the hacks at the O-6 level, who will only power trip at their rapid rise to power.

And how many flag officers do you think are still serving who were promoted to one star prior to the Obama Administration?

Do you really believe there are many flag officers who do not endorse the ideals of the Obama Administration? It seems to me that just abut every flag officer promoted in the eight years of the Obama Administration drew the ire of the Republican bloc because they endorsed things like transsexuals serving, highly restrictive ROE, Obama's plans in Egypt, Iraq, Libya and Syria, etc.

And if the O-6 ranks are so filled with hacks who will power trip at their promotion, at the very least there are more of them to choose from when selecting replacements for the 45 flag officers each Service should have, instead of the 231 Army, 162 Navy, 198 Air Force, and 61 Marine Corps flag officers currently allowed.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Roll Eyes
OK Stalin.

That's the kind of silly crap that almost lost WWII for the Soviets.

Posts: 33800 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
He is also the agent who interviewed Huma Abedin & Cheryl Mills and gave them a pass for lying.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12...rump-fbi-supervisor/

Clinton Aides Went Unpunished After Making False Statements To Anti-Trump FBI Supervisor

The FBI agent who was fired from Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation team for sending anti-Donald Trump text messages conducted the interviews with two Hillary Clinton aides accused of giving false statements about what they knew of the former secretary of state’s private email server.

Neither of the Clinton associates, Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin, faced legal consequences for their misleading statements, which they made in interviews last year with former FBI section chief Peter Strzok.

I know Trump just wants to let her fade away... but Hillary remains the lynch pin. She simply MUST be prosecuted. Or the FBI remains in the swamp.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
The FBI would have to make up its collective mind to do that. That may not be easy after Comey's little two-step in the 2016 election. OTOH, it's beginning to look like that might save the FBI as an institution without the Bureau having to go through years of rehabilitation the way it did after Hoover died.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
It's time to shut the Mueller circus down.

A top prosecutor who is now a deputy for Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe praised then-acting Attorney General Sally Yates after she was fired in January by President Trump for refusing to defend his controversial travel ban.

The email, obtained by Judicial Watch through a federal lawsuit, shows that on the night of Jan. 30, Andrew Weissmann wrote to Yates under the subject line, “I am so proud.”

He continued, “And in awe. Thank you so much. All my deepest respects.”

The disclosure follows confirmation that another Mueller investigator, FBI official Peter Strzok, was fired over the summer after allegedly sending anti-Trump texts to an FBI lawyer with whom he was romantically involved.

His alleged actions revived concerns about the objectivity of the FBI probes of both Hillary Clinton’s email setup and Russia election meddling.

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton called the new Weissmann document an “astonishing and disturbing find.”

“Andrew Weisman, a key prosecutor on Robert Mueller’s team, praised Obama DOJ holdover Sally Yates after she lawlessly thwarted President Trump,” he said in a statement. “How much more evidence do we need that the Mueller operation has been irredeemably compromised by anti-Trump partisans?”

The Jan. 30 email was sent at 9:50 p.m. from Weissmann’s government account, when he was still in the DOJ’s criminal division and before he was assigned to Mueller’s probe.

The email was sent shortly after Trump fired Yates for refusing to defend the first version of his ban on travel from certain majority-Muslim countries.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...der-am-so-proud.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

yeah, this is getting insane

Posts: 19570 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
There is more than enough evidence to re-open the Hillary email investigation due to its mishandling. Sessions could announce that right now and show ample justification.

If he wanted to.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sessions could announce that right now and show ample justification.

Then the left would howl that Trump is trying to deflect from the Russia accusations.

Trump needs to let the Russian "investigation" work its way through first, and as it stands with the current revelations, I suspect that will be over soon. Then, since he welcomed the investigation into him, Hillary and her friends can be equally as gracious.

Now it's not a punitive action due to the investigation into him. It's merely due to new evidence that surfaced as a result of the Mueller probe.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sessions

More and more I think that Sessions belongs to the Clintonscientology group. It looks like Sessions crumpled the cans as if they were made of aluminum when he was audited.

As a reminder, President Trump foresaw all that when the SC was appointed.

Not bad for someone who had never had seen himself going into politics before. But the nomination of Sessions for AG, in retrospect, seems a mistake.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Then the left would howl that Trump is trying to deflect from the Russia accusations.

Trump needs to let the Russian "investigation" work its way through first, and as it stands with the current revelations, I suspect that will be over soon. Then, since he welcomed the investigation into him, Hillary and her friends can be equally as gracious.

Now it's not a punitive action due to the investigation into him. It's merely due to new evidence that surfaced as a result of the Mueller probe.

Let them howl. So what? The investigation into Trump WILL NEVER BE WRAPPED UP. That's the point. Mueller has a blank checkbook. He and the democrats will keep it going into the 2020 election. Until the left starts suffering legal consequences for their illegal actions nothing will change. They only fell more emboldened.

There are PLENTY of crimes that the DOJ can investigate against the left. They just choose not to. Apparently they want Trump gone also.

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Retired FBI agent Bobby Chacon noted that "there is some merit" to the president's claims of an anti-Trump sentiment within the Department of Justice, evidenced by Strzok's reassignment from the Mueller probe. When the president claims the Department of Justice is involved in a witch hunt against him, "texts like this give credence to that kind of thing," he added.

Some have suggested that this development could hurt the credibility of the Mueller investigation, which many of Trump's allies have already called into question.

Chacon warned that the issue "is going to be fodder for any defense attorney" representing an individual charged as a result of the investigation. "If they can bring up the issue of lack of objectivity in some of the senior investigators and in some of the senior prosecutors on that team, then it's going to compromise any successful prosecution."

More generally, however, Chacon and others have raised concerns about the overt politicization of the FBI, which began in earnest under James Comey and reportedly continues to this day.

"In my 27 years as an FBI agent, I never saw politics infect the upper echelons of the bureau as it has in the last year to 18 months," Chacon said. His former colleagues who are still at the bureau have reported instances of the executive-level leadership, including McCabe and some officials close to him, "making political statements in meetings and demonstrating a political bias."

According to veteran FBI agent Jeffrey Danik, the politicization of the FBI isn't new, but it has become increasingly visible in the wake of the Clinton investigation and James Comey's decision to leak transcripts of his discussions with President Trump, a move that impacted the Trump-Russia investigation.

"The FBI is systemically politically corrupt in its executive level," Danik stated. "The problem is once these investigations burble up to control in Washington, the propensity to have political motivations ratchets way, way up."

Danik argued that the responsibility for the current, heightened politicization of the FBI falls squarely at the feet of James Comey and Andrew McCabe.

The state of affairs in the bureau's leadership has led some to call on Christopher Wray, the new FBI director, to clean house, a measure President Trump appears to support.

Over the weekend, Trump hinted at his desire to see big changes at the FBI. "After years of Comey," Trump tweeted, the FBI's reputation "is in Tatters - worst in History! But fear not, we will bring it back to greatness."

Trump also retweeted a comment from journalist Paul Sperry saying, "Wray needs to clean house. Now we know the politicization even worse than McCabe's ties to McAuliffe/Clinton. It also infected his top investigator PETER STRZOK, who sent texts bashing Trump & praising Hillary during campaign. Strzok led Hillary probe & supervised Trump probe!"

Danik agreed that the bureau is overdue for a housecleaning, adding there is evidence that the upper levels of the agency "need a serious purging." However, he remains concerned about the damage that has already been done to the organization, particularly by James Comey's decision to leak the transcripts of his conversations with President Trump to the press and admit to it without facing any consequences.

"That case caused severe, unbelievable damage to the FBI," Danik said. "That is why the FBI, their reputation, is in tatters."
Others disagreed with Trump's characterization of the agency. President Obama's former attorney general, Eric Holder, hit back against Trump on Twitter saying, "The FBI's reputation is not in 'tatters' ... You'll find integrity and honesty at FBI headquarters and not at 1600 Penn Ave right now."

The President of the FBI Agents Association, Thomas O’Connor, also took issue with the president's broad characterization of the agency and defended the integrity of the agents working in the field. "Each and every day, FBI Special Agents put their lives on the line to protect the American public from national security and criminal threats," O'Connor said. "FBI Agents are dedicated to their mission; suggesting otherwise is simply false."

Chacon said he understood Trump's frustration with some of the leadership of the FBI, but it shouldn't tarnish the entire organization.
"99.9 percent of the FBI agents in the field don't have anything to do with the [Mueller] investigation, have not been shown anti-Trump bias, and are out there working their cases," he stressed. "Their reputation is intact and it's not going to rise or fall on a few senior executives up at headquarters who have reached a political point in their careers."

In the coming weeks, the pressure will increase on the FBI and Justice Department's senior leadership to produce answers on their handling of the Clinton and Trump probes. Christopher Wray is likely to face questions on the politicization of the FBI in the Clinton and Trump investigations when he testifies before lawmakers Congress later this week.

It is still not clear how severe the anti-Trump sentiment was among at least two members of Mueller's investigative team. Republican members of the House Intelligence Committee issued subpoenas and have been trying for months to get access to the texts of the Strzok's messages, but they have been stonewalled. As a result, House Intelligence chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) instructed his staff to draft contempt of Congress citations this past weekend, demanding the FBI and DOJ produce information on the circumstances of Strzok's demotion and his exchange with Lisa Page.

According to the Justice Department, McCabe and Strzok have been cleared to testify before the committee.

http://wach.com/news/nation-wo...romise-mueller-probe

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

Roll Eyes
OK Stalin.

That's the kind of silly crap that almost lost WWII for the Soviets.

Beat me to it.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let them howl. So what?

So the best way to go about this is to shove it down their throat so they can't complain. It's only a matter of timing......

quote:
The investigation into Trump WILL NEVER BE WRAPPED UP. That's the point. Mueller has a blank checkbook. He and the democrats will keep it going into the 2020 election. Until the left starts suffering legal consequences for their illegal actions nothing will change. They only fell more emboldened.

It will be over soon. This isn't Trump's first rodeo. He knows how to give people enough rope to hang themselves, and if it isn't obvious yet, that's exactly what's happening.

Notice that each and every day you're seeing more actual evidence of wrongdoing by those involved?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
It will be over soon.

Lol that's funny. I predict Mueller will be up to about $20 million by the time the 2020 race kicks off. This wasn't designed to end. It was designed to be a perpetual alabatross around the neck of this administration. Notice how Mueller has NO restrictions on what he can investigate? That is so when he goes down one rabbit hole and finds nothing, he can climb out and jump right into another. And another. And another.

As far as learning more about the corruption within the FBI, awesome. But who is doing anything about it? They still thumb their nose at Congress. It's pretty clear that agent mishandled the Clinton investigation, going so far as to change the wording on Comey's speech. If the amount of corruption that occured here had been in a local criminal matter the case would already be reopened. Not here. Nothing to see. Except that Trump is guilty....of something. They just haven't found it (made it up) yet.