SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    There is a new bubble truck in town... And it is a what???
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There is a new bubble truck in town... And it is a what??? Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted
Okay. Maybe I'm just too damn old to figure out crap like this. The 64 1/2 was okay. Shelby's magic worked wonders. The Mach 1 is badass even if it was a bit heavy. Hell, I even liked the wide body Mustang II. A Fox is a wonderful host for a Coyote conversion. It doesn't hurt that there is room for a turbo and T-tops were available. SN95 served all too popular and made for a good Cobra R. The current style has loads of potential, but I just don't understand this thing.

Guess I am soon to also see a four door Camaro? Hopefully GM isn't that stupid

Playing engine noises over the radio is not new with the Mustang, but not having one? Is this a shameless marketing ploy taking a dump on heritage?

Ford has unveiled its all-electric Mustang Mach E at a glitzy event in Los Angeles that included an appearance by actor Idris Elba.
The top-range version of the car can travel up to 370 miles on a full charge and recharge 57 miles (92km) of range in 10 minutes on a high-power charge.
There are buttons in place of conventional door handles and storage space under the front bonnet.
The fastest model can accelerate from 0-60mph in under five seconds.
In comparison, the Tesla Model X can do 0-60mph in 4.4 seconds.
Like the Tesla, the Mustang Mach E has a 15.5in (40cm) touch screen beside the steering wheel.
Prices range from £44,000 to £58,000 ($44,000 to $60,000 in the US).
"The interesting thing is that they've decided to use the Mustang name with this car, because of course it's the name synonymous with American muscle cars, with big V8s... and yet they are taking the performance aspect of that name and putting it into this electric car."

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the product but the name was a massive failure.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
26 letters in the English language, and they decide to arrange them the same for an electric SUV as for an iconic sports car ???

Makes no sense.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see them get into the electric vehicle game, but the name makes no sense whatsoever. This vehicle has absolutely nothing in common with the Mustang either technologically or spiritually. I can't believe anyone even thought it was a good idea, much less that a team of execs apparently approved. It's a real head scratcher.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
If what I see on the roads is any indication, it must be that their customer research revealed it's mostly middle aged women who drive Mustangs anymore. The sportscar of choice for any woman over 40 just got a lot more sensible!

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Wait till some pompous ass buys one then shows up to a mustang club meeting (or joins a mustang forum).

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
There's something just very, very wrong about an all-electric Mustang. Un-American.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Getting ready for ENascar??

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I concur that the name choice was inappropriate. I currently own 2 Mustangs: a 2006 GT and a 1966; I drove a 1986 GT for 20 years, and for a short time had 3 red Mustangs, 20 years apart.

Ford should have found a better name for the new electric car--something better suited to that type of vehicle and without the history attached to "Mustang". It was a stupid move.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Could have been the E-scape.

The might as well have called it the GT40E, the ET40, or the ET240v as it has about as much in common with the GT40 as it does the Mustang.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
There's something just very, very wrong about an all-electric Mustang. Un-American.

While I think the SUV “Mustang” is ridiculous I highly disagree that there is no place for an all electric Mustang.
American is being on the cutting edge of technology and performance.
I’d be very happy to have this all electric Mustang in my garage

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/-7mdeRR_7h8

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
OP maybe make the title reflect we are talking about the new E-Stang CUV.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:

It could happen someday, and it will sound really weird.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:

It could happen someday, and it will sound really weird.

It's actually in development for the 2021 or 2022 introduction of the new engines, to be a mild-hybrid setup.

I don't follow Nascar much, but it was related in with F1. The releases I've seen keep mentioning a 'new engine' but not outright specifying a V8.

A few articles recently, about Nascar courting Honda for an entry.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, very confused as to why they took an Escape/Edge looking CUV, slapped Mustang head and tail lights on it and call it a "Mustang?"

I'm also sick of every CUV looking exactly the same no matter the make or model....boring! (like the company car I drive...white Ford Escape...zzzzzzz...)

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
I'm going to guess that with the announcement a year or so back that Ford would only produce Trucks, SUVs, and Mustangs was short sighted and now manglement folk have to save face by branching out the Mustang brand instead admitting they had a bad idea.

That or its just some marketing wank push it and none of the yes men thought it was a poor idea.

I'm fine with Ford doing electric vehicles (which they have been already) or even a EV Mustang - but a Mustang SUV just seems like a retarded misappropriation of the Mustang brand.

Posts: 249 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
I'm also sick of every CUV looking exactly the same no matter the make or model....boring! (like the company car I drive...white Ford Escape...zzzzzzz...)

You mean your Mazda CX-5? Razz

Same relationship as a Ford Focus to a Mazda 3. Spoiler alert: The dipstick in my Mazda 3 says Ford on the tip. Hm...... Big Grin

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
Wow, very confused as to why they took an Escape/Edge looking CUV, slapped Mustang head and tail lights on it and call it a "Mustang?"

exactly what I was thinking,

looks like a typical hyundai/honda/toyota/kia small suv

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What the hell do they mean Mustang? Kidding me?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Mustang ? NO

They should have just called it the Mach E

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post