SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    any home grown mushroomers here?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

any home grown mushroomers here? Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted
Morels harvesters in particular?

Been yootubeing & googling; have the home-infusion kit;

doesn't seem too hard, we've had some pretty good crops with mere feral random invasion the past few years.

In fact the most recent pair is awaiting our Lunch Plans for Migrant Mushrooms at this very moment.

Between the meticulous specifics & unpredictable Fortuna, there has to be a more productive path.

Post your tips/comments if you have experience in such project.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Getting ready to head to the woods right now. cold year & our woods was logged last summer, so probably just going for a walk. My other spot is probably 2 weeks away, should be going strong by now.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Several years ago we had a couple nice crops of them here on our home plot. Always left some for seed.

Have not seen any for a couple years. Maybe this year.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
They grow in the caulk around the tub in my bathroom. Never did try to pick any, though. Usually a little bleach takes care of them.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I once tried some “magic” mushrooms back in the day, what a trip, and never left the barn. Wink

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I considered growing mushrooms but never did trust those ads in the back of High Times magazine. More seriously, before you could get shiitake mushrooms so easily I used to see kits for those. If I were to have a go at the hobby I would investigate oyster mushrooms, don't those sell for $50/lb?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post