SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vancouver man says his truck was torched because of Donald Trump stickers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vancouver man says his truck was torched because of Donald Trump stickers Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
It may be a good idea to skip the political stickers on vehicles. I refrain from putting any stickers on any of my vehicles for a variety of reasons. Derangement and anger are on the rise and there are just WAY too many nut cases out there these days!

https://www.oregonlive.com/pac...ays_his_truck_w.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I reread that and beginning to wonder if the guy owed more than he could afford or had been trying to sell it, and started the fire himself.

Put sticker on, had two drinks and got a ride home the next day. Sounds pretty fishy to me.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Why would Canadians even care if you had a Trump sticker?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Why would Canadians even care if you had a Trump sticker?

Not sure if kidding but since your location says Michigan I'll assume not. Vancouver, Washington. Just across Columbia River from Portland, Or.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1953 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Living in the Seattle area it's not surprising. I've often told people locally it's not safe to put conservative bumper stickers on your vehicle- They've all agreed.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A neighbor who worked at UOA in Tucson put anti Obama stickers on his truck had the paint keyed in several places.

Done by those who believe in free speech but not with opposing views, I guess.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
me thinks it might be time to start using bait vehicles and other types of traps to catch and dispose of these vermin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Or put pro Trump stickers on the back of vehicles belonging to known commies. Sit back and let their comrades torch or vandalize their cars.

Karma baby. Karma.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
So if i park my Trump truck and then set up in the treeline with my AR, would that be considered hunting over bait?

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Or put pro Trump stickers on the back of vehicles belonging to known commies. Sit back and let their comrades torch or vandalize their cars.

Karma baby. Karma.

This I like.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15569 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:

Karma baby. Karma.

this is an excellent idea...and it might be a two-fer

target Prius's first - that will get a lot of them off the road and it will probably be an initial hit on the tree-hugger and SJW crowd

then we can look for the cars that still have Bernie stickers on them...I see them all the time

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
So if i park my Trump truck and then set up in the treeline with my AR, would that be considered hunting over bait?

No...that only applies to game. These are vermin/rodents much like coyotes or groundhogs....so no bag limit.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4574 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
No...that only applies to game. These are vermin/rodents much like coyotes or groundhogs....so no bag limit.

I knew that leftists, feral pigs, and coyotes were considered vermin, but groundhogs?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Putting a Trump sticker on a Prius...that will confuse the hell out of the lefties until their heads explode. Good times!

quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
quote:

Karma baby. Karma.

target Prius's first - that will get a lot of them off the road and it will probably be an initial hit on the tree-hugger and SJW crowd

then we can look for the cars that still have Bernie stickers on them...I see them all the time

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Also put me down for a fraudulent claim.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw a couple republican stickers on a Prius here, and smiled.

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Putting a Trump sticker on a Prius...that will confuse the hell out of the lefties until their heads explode. Good times!

quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
quote:

Karma baby. Karma.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post