SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Forgot Just How Good Duke’s Mayo Is!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Forgot Just How Good Duke’s Mayo Is! Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

I remembered someone saying they also make mustard but I haven’t had any luck finding it.
The product listing on the Duke's website does not mention mustard.

https://www.dukesmayo.com/products/

Thanks! I guess I’ll quit looking. Smile

Dukes Mustard was a thing, and not bad either,

funny the OP mentioned Aldi's., you can buy Dukes in the Aldi's around here

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:

I just checked the jar in my refrigerator. There is no mention of canola oil on the list of ingredients.
soybean oil is the same as canola oil
Confused

The Difference Between Soy Oil & Canola Oil

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Vegetable oil is from soybeans
Canola oil is from rapeseed

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:
both are vegetable oils. bad fats. [ from Deep Nutrition ]

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Dukes is fine but when I really want good mayo like for a special BLT - I make my own and it's not hard to make.
Much fresher tasting.
YMMV

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:

This chart is a bunch of BS

What does that even mean? Most of those oils are never even heated so I'm not understanding what they are getting at.

Soy, canola and other vegetable oils are just fine; they are not saturated fats.

With everything, the key is moderation.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
<snip>
It is my understanding that paper shredders should be oiled. I looked at some "paper shredder oil." It was rather expensive, and it was primarily canola oil.
<snip>

I have a ten yo crosscut paper shredder. I’ve never oiled it, but it still works like new. YMMV.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
,,,Most of those oils are never even heated so I'm not understanding what they are getting at.

Soy, canola and other vegetable oils are just fine; they are not saturated fats...
every eat out? restaurants? fast food? i'd say there is much heating going on lol. what is the cheapest oil to by - vegetable oil. good fats cost a bit more - but cut into profits.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
A previous thread a year or two ago alerted me to Duke's Mayo. I had never heard of it but then could never find in my area.
Then it was pointed out Walmart carries it.
Sure'nuff. There it was.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Was able to buy Dukes for a short time here in OKC but I can’t find it now.

I liked it a lot.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Wal Mart is where I get it here in Pueblo, Colorado.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:
I just checked the jar in my refrigerator. There is no mention of canola oil on the list of ingredients.
soybean oil is the same as canola oil - both are vegetable oils and a few molecules away from plastic.

from the Amazon listing:

Duke's Real Mayonnaise contains soybean oil, eggs, water, distilled and cider vinegar, salt, oleoresin paprika, natural flavors, and calcium disodium EDTA (added to protect flavor).

from Dukes site:

from an image search:

stupid Lawyers... second ingredient is eggs and they still have to put in bolt type at the bottom that it contains eggs.... How dumb can people be?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Olive oil is a low heat oil... it will burn at about the same temperature as butter.... nothing even close to peanut oil which is high temperature.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Did I miss a post that said Dukes is the only major brand that is still 32 oz?

Everyone else is at 30oz!

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
No Corn Syrup or HFCS in Blue Plate!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Blue Plate in my house. Tabitha refuses anything else.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:
soybean oil is the same as canola oil - both are vegetable oils and a few molecules away from plastic.

from the Amazon listing:

Duke's Real Mayonnaise contains soybean oil, eggs, water, distilled and cider vinegar, salt, oleoresin paprika, natural flavors, and calcium disodium EDTA (added to protect flavor).

from Dukes site:

from an image search:

stupid Lawyers... second ingredient is eggs and they still have to put in bolt type at the bottom that it contains eggs.... How dumb can people be?

the Contains part is for folks with Allergies that don't want to or understand the big words in the ingredients list,

makes it easier to scan the label and pick out the allergen,

I'm guilty of looking at the last line for Wheat, since the wife is celiac

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Years ago I read an article on the Mayo Wars . After that I gave Dukes a try and I have never looked back.

“I asked my homegrown tomatoes. They said Duke’s and frankly looked a little offended at the question.” - article on Duke's vs Hellman's

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:
both are vegetable oils. bad fats. [ from Deep Nutrition ]

One, Duke's is the best testing mayo.

Two, that book is horsecrap and literally making up stuff. I would be very interested to see any studies (based on science or logic) that link autism and specific vegetable oils. I am quite sure that books cite none.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Duke's, Hellman's then Blue plate.

My friend works at a place that makes different labels of Mayo, and I can get all I want for free.

I buy Duke's, Hellman's, or Blue plate. In that order. Nothing else will do.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post