SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The BBQ Thread
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The BBQ Thread Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Are we allowing hardware questions in this thread?

I have a GMG Daniel Boone and I’m getting HUGE temp swings again this winter. I have the blanket and everything. Is this because it’s a Kindergarten smoker, or is this normal? Should I be considering a Yoder or something a little more substantial?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Veeper, I recently gave up on my GMG Davy Crockett due to significant hot spots. I’m not sure this is the case with your smoker though. I bought a Yoder 480S. The difference is day and night.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Got my Tennessee Red Sauce and some 9mm today!

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Good score Xantom you will love that red sauce. Where did you score the 9mm and how much did it set you back if you don't mind sharing?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I will try it tonight!

Natchez Shooters Supplies
CCI Blazer Brass Handgun Ammunition 9mm Luger 115 gr FMJ 1145 fps 1000/ct Loose Pack

Subtotal $499.99
Shipping $19.89
Tax $38.34
Grand Total $558.22

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
I will try it tonight!

Natchez Shooters Supplies
CCI Blazer Brass Handgun Ammunition 9mm Luger 115 gr FMJ 1145 fps 1000/ct Loose Pack

Subtotal $499.99
Shipping $19.89
Tax $38.34
Grand Total $558.22

Thank you. All things considered that's not a horrible price. Let me know how you like the sauce!

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
It's a kick in the balls, but it's the cheapest I've seen in a while, and I'm only have about that much on hand as it is.

posted Hide Post
LOVE me some BH Tennessee Red! I have a 1/2 gallon in the frig right now! Sometimes mix it 50/50 with the BH Original. Mmmmmmm

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
BBQ and Bullets, I love this place.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
34 degrees and raining but I'm still going to have my baby backs!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Looking good Sig4EvaSmile

Oh that's good stuff! Wow, very good!

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
BBQ and Bullets, I love this place.

If you look af my post on page 7, that's your rub. My whole family thanks you for sharing it. Cool

Posts: 10822 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
You too xantom. I love all the way you can cook it after the initial smoke.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I'm doing my first brisket tomorrow my new smoker. I'm getting up at 4:00AM to get it started. It was a full packer, 12 pounds before I trimmed it.

Rub is salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.

Hopefully we will enjoy it for dinner.

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
And there she is.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I watched that video earlier today. Big Grin

Those ribs look amazing!

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
So far, so good. I got up at 3:00, lit the smoker and got things started. I’m 5 hours in at 225, 140 internal temp on the point. I haven’t peeked so no pictures.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
So far, so good. I got up at 3:00, lit the smoker and got things started. I’m 5 hours in at 225, 140 internal temp on the point. I haven’t peeked so no pictures.

Good luck Jeff looking forward to how it turns out for you. I'd consider cranking that temp to at least 250 though.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lastmanstanding.

Hitting the stall?

posted Hide Post
At a pit temp of 217 that stall is going to last a looong time.