SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lexi: my four legged buddy that passed on tonight
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lexi: my four legged buddy that passed on tonight Login/Join 
posted
I am not sure how I wanted to title the discussion, so it did not sound crappy, sappy or like click bait.

I am just returning from the Emergency Vet and my pup didn't make it. According to the vet the cancer had spread to her heart, and she had severe fluid build up around the pericardial cavity. There was nothing we could do.

I am upset but after getting surgery and chemo she was able to have an extra six months which for about 90% of the time she was healthy and had fun. The hardest part was being with her and then had to leave without her.

What sucks and what I hate is the girlfriend just bought a house out in Durham County with a lot of land where she would have been able to explore and run. The move in date is about two weeks from now.

What was kind of cool is that for some reason I was sick all day starting about 0400hrs and could not go run errands, appts etc.. With that being said we kind of hung out all day, and just BS'd around together. If I had to have one last day this was a pretty decent one.

I have been putting off trying to decide to take the job with BIA in North Dakota as a Police Officer, accept a dual status civ/mil position at Fort Bragg NC, or try to go back on active duty orders. To be honest I didn't want to leave my buddy with her having chemo/cancer.

I am fine now but I imagine, the loss will hit me one night when it is a slow night on patrol or while at the park watching other people and their four legged friends.

I just needed to vent and say good bye.

Lexi: a stray husky with wolf like tendencies and irritability who showed up at the house in Richmond many many years ago and turned out to be a pretty good buddy.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry Frown

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10900 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Lexi.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I am sorry you lost your friend.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear that you lost Lexi.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
May the hurt pass quickly, but the memories last a long time.

You might consider looking for a follow-on furry friend--after a decent mourning period, of course.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
RIP Lexi. I'm sorry she didn't make it, at least you got to spend her last day here with her.

Frown

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
So Sorry for the passing of Lexi. I hope as time passes that you will look at the possibility of offering your Heart up for another rescue. Again I am very sorry for your loss. Rip Lexi.

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. I'm 73 years old and have gone thru this many times and it never gets any easier. Prayers sent.

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that you lost your good friend. It always hurts.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
You took care of her from the time she found you until now. Sounds like you did right by her. Sorry for your loss.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your Lexi. Sounds like you made her life a lot better than it could have been. She may be gone but she’ll always hold a place in your heart.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss. They always take a piece of you with them

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
So many thoughts and prayers sent. Our days are short with our two girls...….

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Sorry, Brother.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Very sorry.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. It must be especially hard to lose a puppy.

We lost our Macie about one month ago. We rescued her when she was ~5 years old so she was with us for 8 years. She was my little "shadow" who followed me everywhere albeit being blind for her last 1-1/2 years.

Posts: 3716 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sincere condolences.
Nice story about a great friend.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1056 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post