SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Karma Time - with a sad twist - literally Winner Picked Updated Page One
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma Time - with a sad twist - literally Winner Picked Updated Page One Login/Join 
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted
Update: Winner SgtGold!! Email Sent

The sad part of the Karma is a urn, the 'twist' is a threaded lid. My idea was the treaded lid would allow access for additional pet cremains and to keep the contents secure from dropping or being knocked over.

This urn is turned by me from Ambrosia Maple, standing 7" tall and 5" at the widest and holds the cremains of about 30#. My original idea was for a pet urn but could also hold the partial cremains of someone special.

The rules are simple, minimum post count of 500, have a direct need for a urn and have an email in your profile. Winner will be picked via the Karmanator on Sunday evening. I will be traveling home from a art show so it may be late.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sig229-SAS,

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Please include me. I could use it for our dog Pepper. I've been looking for a special urn for her cremains. Thanks.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a special karma. Several of our sigforum friends have lost beloved pets this year, this could be a real blessing. Thanks for doing this.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
I have been holding on to my best friends ashes for the last 15 years. Woodruff was the best. This would be very fitting for him as he waits for me. Thanks and the urn is beautiful.

o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW! Don't include me, as I hope that I won't have a need for this for a few more years. I just had to say that this is beautiful work and when I do need something like this, I will be able to find one. It is truly beautiful work!

Also, thank you for your beautiful Karma, it is a beautiful resting spot for someone special.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please add me.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
A sad karma.

Not a day goes by, that I don't think about Pippy for a minute or two.

This would be a beautiful repository for her.

The cremation company gave us a little ceramic tile sort of thing, with her paw print.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Awesome karma but Frown

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Please don't enter me. Just wanted to say that's gorgeous.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Please don't count me in but that is beautiful! I'm hoping my dogs last many many more years.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Do not enter me, either.

But that wood turning piece is truly beautiful.

As a fellow turner, it gives me great pleasure to see such great work!!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks like a great place for my Jack Russell, Spud, and part of me to spend eternity when the time comes. Please include me in this wonderful karma. May the goodness be returned to you many times over.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2872 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Max, George, and Sparkey could all use that as their final resting place. Count me in please.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
In Please! Unfortunately I do have a use for this. And as usual your work is stunning.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Thanks Elk, I thought you might stop by for a gander....

quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Do not enter me, either.

But that wood turning piece is truly beautiful.

As a fellow turner, it gives me great pleasure to see such great work!!!

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please add me, my father in law just passed a few days ago and as of right now the plan is to divide the cremains between MIL and 2 daughters, I know my wife would love this

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
I love spalted maple! (If that is what it is...)
Our kitchen cabinets are maple, and about that color. It would look great on our mantle.

Our beloved Jessie passed away about a year ago, and we have her ashes currently on our mantle in a cedar box that the vet gave us. This would be a most welcome upgrade.
Thanks for the most thoughtful and generous opportunity.

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 651 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
TT

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Please do not include me in your generous karma.

I just wanted to say that this is beautiful work, as always!

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I don't have a need, so please excuse me, but that thing is gorgeous...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post