SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paging Appliance Brad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paging Appliance Brad Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted
We could use your expertise.

We have a 6 year old GE electric Range Oven Model: JBP23DR1CC.

The wife cleans the range top about twice a month. At which time she turns all four burners to Hi for a while to burn off anything that may be on them. Is this an OK practice?

Second Question: At times the two larger burners when set at a low setting will go to hi and glow Red. If you turn the knob up and down they seem to settle back down at the lower setting.

I suspect we need to buy and replace the controls. Is there a better quality one to get? What causes this to happen?

Thanks
Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Any Help?

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:

The wife cleans the range top about twice a month. At which time she turns all four burners to Hi for a while to burn off anything that may be on them. Is this an OK practice?

You won't hurt anything but it is rough on the burner bowls ie: they rust faster. Short time on to burn any grease or debris off the coils is fine

quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
Second Question: At times the two larger burners when set at a low setting will go to hi and glow Red. If you turn the knob up and down they seem to settle back down at the lower setting.

I suspect we need to buy and replace the controls. Is there a better quality one to get? What causes this to happen?
Thanks
Roy

The controls get weak, front burners get used the most. You need infinite switches
WB24T10025 and WB24T10029. Shoot me an e-mail if you want to order them.

Hope that helps.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Brad

email sent

Thanks
Roy