SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    WGN receives 41-year-old postcard for ‘Bozo’s Circus’ and tries locating sender
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WGN receives 41-year-old postcard for ‘Bozo’s Circus’ and tries locating sender Login/Join 
posted
I wonder where this card was all this time? I guess the kid wondered why WGN never responded.

CHICAGO — "Bozo's Circus" went off the air in 2001, but on Tuesday, WGN-TV received a card for the show postmarked from 1977!

It was sent by Sonal Dighe, a 7-year-old girl from Waukegan. She sent the card in to be an at-home player for the show's "Grand Prize Game."

Children who couldn't attend the show would send in cards to be at-home players, and if they were selected, they would win the same prizes as the in-studio players.

Do you know Sonal? Please help WGN find her. We'd love to give her the chance to play the "Grand Prize Game!"

LINK: https://wgntv.com/2019/02/13/w...ies-locating-sender/

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Nor rain, nor snow, nor sleet or hail...

Glad it arrived but good grief

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
I have and autographed photo of "Mr. Ned", addressed to me in my possession. Mr. Ned developed an exercise device, made of wood, that would jack up the back of your bicycle so you could have what now is the "Peloton". My Mom worked with the company that manufactured these things for him. At the time I was probably 8-10 years old and of course, living in Chicago Suburbs, watched Bozo every day. So, getting an autographed pic from Mr. Ned, was Huge. ;-)

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have and autographed photo of "Mr. Ned", addressed to me in my possession. Mr. Ned developed an exercise device, made of wood, that would jack up the back of your bicycle so you could have what now is the "Peloton". My Mom worked with the company that manufactured these things for him. At the time I was probably 8-10 years old and of course, living in Chicago Suburbs, watched Bozo every day. So, getting an autographed pic from Mr. Ned, was Huge. ;-)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My little brother loved Ringmaster Ned. Nobody seemed to be able to win the Bozos bucket contest. It looked so easy on TV. Now that I am adult I think it was probably rigged. LOL

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotta love the USPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I've seen similar things happen, and although sometimes it is the fault of the USPS, sometimes it isn't.

A letter got stuck inside a mail chute in an apartment building. It remained stuck for several years. Another letter fell behind the mailboxes in a wall mounted apartment unit, and remained there for several years. I had to deliver a certified letter that had fallen behind the 1000lb accountables safe, and wasn't discovered until 8 years later, when they were relocating the safe.

Just yesterday I had a customer place outgoing mail on top of their mailbox. I found 2 envelopes on top, and 2 more in their yard and their neighbors. We had 30-40mph windgusts, so placing mail on top of your mailbox probably isn't the best option.

I had someone place an envelope on my "passenger" side door handle (The handle, when closed, points to 12:00). The only problem is it is right side drive (passenger side is opposite the curb), and that door might get opened once or twice a day. Not sure how many they put there, but I found one. Why not stick it under my windshield wiper???

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Publicity stunt

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An update to the story:

CHICAGO — "Bozo's Circus" went off the air in 2001, but this week WGN-TV received a card for the show postmarked from 1977 — and we found the girl who sent it!

It was sent by Sonali Dighe when she was a 7-year-old girl living with her family in Waukegan. She sent the card in to be an at-home player for the show's "Grand Prize Game."

WGN's Dean Richards put the postcard on Facebook, and Richards and Dighe were eventually able to connect.

"I couldn't believe how many people were trying to find me. In the afternoon I checked my Facebook and I must've had 50 messages. I've never had so much activity in my life!" Dighe said via Skype with WGN Morning News Thursday.

Postcard sent to WGN-TV by Sonali Dighe in 1977.

Dighe said she doesn't remember posting the card but does have fond memories of "Bozo's Circus."

"I remember getting very stressed when those kids would try to drop those ping-pong balls into those buckets. It was kind of a nail-biting situation!" she said of the Grand Prize Game.

Dighe and her family now live in Miami, but she said this experience was a fun way to reconnect with Chicago.

"We have tremendous roots there and so many friends there, so it's been a great 48 hours," Dighe said.

WGN offered Dighe a chance to play the Grand Prize Game whenever she's back in Chicago.

LINK: https://wgntv.com/2019/02/14/m...bozo-postcard-found/