SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 NHL Playoffs Thread
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 NHL Playoffs Thread Login/Join 
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
My worthless $0.02 having been a hockey fan for the past 50 years:
1. Officiating has been horrible this season, worse than most.
2. It was a trip & should have been called.
3. The Bruins didn't quit playing, but looked disorganized.
4. There have been plenty of penalty calls ignored this series, either team.
5. There's also been embellishment by both teams. At least we haven't had a repeat of Julien's complaining about other team embellishing.
6. The NHL with all of its lip service about "Getting it right.", now need to do something (don't hold your breath).

Regarding the trip. Call the penalty. No goal. Score is 1-0 Blues. Do the Bruins score? Maybe, but the PK was effective. Moving on. The Bruins score on a delayed penalty call. This raises the question on whether it was a make-up call to atone for the obvious missed call. Also consider that the Bruins played with more intensity after the trip.

It'll be interesting to see how close the penalty calls are in game 6.

There have been plenty of cheap shots on both sides; but I simply can't understand why Marchand, as talented as he is, has to be such a cheap player (overall generalization).

Finally, just as karma, I'd like to see someone sneak a punch to Chara's jaw.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I disagree that the "trip" decided the game. Boston had plenty of opportunities and did not execute.

One example: On one Boston power play, St Louis took the puck away and cleared it 3 times in a row. Boston did not get a shot on the goal in that power play until 90 seconds of the penalty had expired. You can't blow opportunities like that and expect to win the Stanley Cup.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6395 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
That was a trip but lots of calls have gone uncalled. Refs have always seemed reluctant to call penalties at the end of Playoff games. Especially one-goal games.

One of the Bruins skated through the Blue's goaler after knocking his stick into the corner. That could have been called also.

You have to play through bad refs. It's going to happen. The best way is to make sure a bad call can't affect the outcome.

The Bruins offense was really lacking last night. They couldn't finish the plays.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The view from my office window.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Let's go Blues!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I do find it humorous reading (not just here) Bruins fans comments on how the "no call" screwed their team.

Meanwhile these same fans cheer on a team that has one of the dirtiest players in the league. Brad Marchand is a human piece of trash. I wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire.

I also enjoy that Boston came in feeling like the tough guys that will play a physical game. Boy that didn't work out for them as the Blues have owned them in the physicality department.

Karma is a bitch, and hopefully this will all be over Sunday night and we'll have a team of Champions that actually deserve to win.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^
Giftedly Outspoken
Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I think the Blues are gonna do it tonight...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Ryan O'Reily was slashed as he attempted to clear the puck, causing it to go over the glass. This led to the Bruins 5 on 3 on which Marchand scored. Correctly called, it negated the Bruins power play & score remains 0-0.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I see what you're doing there...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Y'all happy now that Marchand demonstrated a genuine slewfoot?

Posts: 3239 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
Y'all happy now that Marchand demonstrated a genuine slewfoot?

It got called. We’d be happy if it didn’t get called and then we scored. That would make us square.

As far as a slash on the delay of game I didn’t see it and they didn’t mention it or replay anything. So I can’t say either way.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12423 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
It's never square. It's a game that humans play. You guys crack me up. Missed call results in a loss? Bullshit. There are dozens upon dozens of missed calls in a game.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's never square. It's a game that humans play. You guys crack me up. Missed call results in a loss? Bullshit. There are dozens upon dozens of missed calls in a game.

Of course there are. But the trip on Acciari was like missing an elephant crashing through your China cabinet.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12423 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
SMH

Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:

Of course there are. But the trip on Acciari was like missing an elephant crashing through your China cabinet.

But if that was called, a penalty for embellishment should have been called as well for the way he flailed backwards. Yeah, he got tripped, but the way he pistoned his body backwards was embarrassing. Krug tried to sell the late hit on the icing too, but the refs weren't having it.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
A Stanley Cup finals ticket was four dollars in 1970.
2k for most tix tonight.

-rduckwor

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Looking like there will be a game 7. Blues are the ones that can't finish their plays tonight.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
St. Louis certainly not known for their class or discipline - as evidenced at the end of game 6.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
You stay classy there, Blues. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post