SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 NHL Playoffs Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 NHL Playoffs Thread Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
No ‘Hawks this year, but as a long-time Caps fan I’ll be watching.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only been living in NC for about five years now, so the Wash DC teams are who I still root for. But son and I have tickets for when the Caps head down to Raleigh to play the Canes. Not sure if Caps can repeat, but I’d love to see it...

Posts: 425 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p226gsd:
Only been living in NC for about five years now, so the Wash DC teams are who I still root for. But son and I have tickets for when the Caps head down to Raleigh to play the Canes. Not sure if Caps can repeat, but I’d love to see it...

I heard there are a ton of Caps fans at Hurricanes regular season games. I wonder what it will be like during playoffs?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son and I have been to a couple of games, and there Are a lot of Caps fans there...

Posts: 425 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Don't think my Pens will be consistent enough. I don't think Tampa is tough enough to beat Washington. This will be 4 years for Tampa knocking on the door but I don't think they can pull it off. If they don't, there's going to be some dismantling.

No idea on the West.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
No predictions, but after suffering through another brutal Blackhawks season, I am looking forward to watching some quality hockey.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6394 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Go Jets and Toronto. Any body but the tLightning, Penguins and Washington.
I think the best series will be Bruins Toronto.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3861 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Woke up this morning all excited, thought it was Thursday. Looked at my work stuff realizes it was Wednesday, realized it's only Wednesday. Then I was sad.

Guess I'll have to catch some of Pens/Isles. I don't want to face Trotz or Pens. Rather play Pens if I had to choose between the two, assuming we don't blow first round.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Woke up this morning all excited, thought it was Thursday. Looked at my work stuff realizes it was Wednesday, realized it's only Wednesday. Then I was sad.

Guess I'll have to catch some of Pens/Isles. I don't want to face Trotz or Pens. Rather play Pens if I had to choose between the two, assuming we don't blow first round.

HATE when I do the same thing.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I think TBL takes out CBJ in 4, 5 max. They've just been clicking on all cylinders all season long, regardless of opponent.

NYI will, unfortunatley, lose to PIT in 6. They are the cinderella team from where they were last year but Sid and Gang have too much experience.

TOR loses as well. Anderson needs to stand on his head for them to have chance and he will but the overall the team just isn't on par with those likey to advance

WSH also wins in 5. I don't think they are quite as good as last year but you have to give them respect as the defending champs.

WPG beats STL in 5 or 6 and NSH beats DAL in the same amount of games. CAL beats COL in 5, 6 max.

The series that will be the most physical and enjoying to watch will be SJS and LVK. I'd hate to be the team that the winner faces in the next round. Tough to say who wins this but with Karlson back for SJS is he going to be a factor? He has to be for them to go deep but I don't know if he jumps right in and contributes to make the difference or needs a game or so to find his game again. He has to be a factor right away or LVK will jump out to a lead.

Posts: 4075 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
May I take this time to express my outrage that this Lottery system has completely fucked my team again for the second time. Thank you. Please return to the normal thread.

Posts: 7520 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just one word...

"Boom"

Thank you CBJ Smile

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Bailey missed game winner, then got game winner.

Let the fun begin.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
What a game!
Blues off to a good start in Winnipeg.

How about that Jordan Binnington?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chellim1,

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Stars decided to start playing hockey in second period and it worked out well for them.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Hoping for Nashville out of the West, and I guess Toronto or NYI in the East.

Also, can't believe CHI jumped to 3rd in the draft, dang!

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Hoo boy...twice.

NSH - no go
BOS - no go

[sigh]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Solid game from Backstrom and the Caps. Looking forward to Saturday.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Bruins did not look ready for playoff hockey last night.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
#tampawincup

Look for me (us) on NBC/NBCsn for brief intros and such.

Thanks Creslin for hosting photo.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post