SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 NHL Playoffs Thread
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 NHL Playoffs Thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Blues - 300 to 1 underdog to Win the Cup mid-season !!! Go figure.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
well... there can be only one winner.

Yeah, the Bruins. You have to believe a highlander when saying there can be only one.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Good bye Colorado, time to break out the clubs.

Nice job to the Sharks

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I'm exceptionally proud of this team. We've had some awfully hard times, and for the first time in 15 years we've registered two season of improvement. Last year we were lucky to be there. This year we have heads turning. This team is on the rise. A few things need to go right this summer. We need to hit a home run with this summers draft. We got screwed with the lottery for the second time in three years, but as it turns out the hockey gods gave us a 20 year old D man that if that draft were held today he'd go first or second. Hopefully the gods will reward us in the same manor this off season. I'm going to enjoy the 3rd and final rounds. This sport is the best.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Avalanche did look good. And fast. They'll go very deep next year. Frankly I'm surprised the Sharks took the series. Jones was solid enough.

I sort of wrote the Sharks off in the first round but they grind and get it done; old legs are getting tired. My money is on the Blues next round.

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
It's all set then:
Calgary Nashville Tampa bay and Washington.
Oh, wait... Big Grin

It easily could have been all 4 wild card teams.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well chellim, I was going to say go STL.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Well chellim, I was going to say go STL.

Hey, I cheered for the Caps last year!
... once the Blues were out... even though you guys took TJ Oshie from us.
Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) – Radio stations are playing it nonstop and it is stuck in St. Louis Blues fans’ heads but why did the team choose ‘Gloria’ as its postgame victory song?

Earlier this year, Laura Branigan’s song from the 1980s began playing in the locker room after the team’s wins.

According to a February article from NHL.com, Alexander Steen, Joel Edmundson, Robert Bortuzzo, Jaden Schwartz and Robby Fabbri were watching the Eagles/Bears NFC Wild Card game in Philadelphia in January when a DJ played ‘Gloria’ during a commercial break.

“This one guy looked at the DJ and said 'keep playing Gloria!', so they kept playing it. Everyone would get up and start singing and dancing. We just sat back and watched it happen. Right there we decided we should play the song after our wins. We won the next game, we got a shutout, so we just kept on playing it,” Edmondson told stlouisblues.com.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chellim1,

-rduckwor

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Let's go 'Canes!

Ya bunch of jerks !! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Let's go 'Canes!

Bruins figured you guys out by the third Razz

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Refs haven't blown any calls tonight. Wink

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Let's go 'Canes!

Bruins figured you guys out by the third Razz

I'm a bit nervous about the chances against the Canes. The B's looked slow as molasses compared to them. If it wasn't for the 2 power play goals I don't think we'd have won that game. I hope I'm wrong and we step up tomorrow.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12407 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Wow! Nothing like being waaaaaay off in my original predictions... Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yeah, but....
quote:
East - Tampa Bay
West - Winnipeg

My B's have been awesome this year, but I just don't think they can take Tampa Bay. B's will lose in the Eastern finals.

Your Bruins are still in it!
I'm hoping for a Blues-Bruins Stanley Cup final.

-rduckwor

Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
I'm a bit nervous about the chances against the Canes. The B's looked slow as molasses compared to them.

Yeah. Slow in the 2nd but not in the 3rd. Plus Charlie is back in the lineup tomorrow.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Blues really sloppy play tonight. Parayko looked bad on that last goal. Mad

-rduckwor

Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
So I'm all in on VGK, but it's not bad to have the bruins as a fall back team.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I had the game on, but didn't really get to pay attention to it. Hoping the 'canes can perform better in Raleigh on Tuesday!

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Big Grin