SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 NHL Playoffs Thread
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 NHL Playoffs Thread Login/Join 
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Down 3-0 in first period of game one, to sweeping the series. Very impressive, I’d be worried if I was their next opponent.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Didn't see that coming, concerning the Blue Jackets sweep. I'm happy for them.

Their forecheck and clogging up the passing lanes impressed the hell out of me.

From Presidents trophy to first team to hit the golf course. That's gotta sting a bit.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
The Isles sweep the Pens.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Didn't see either of these teams losing in four. Pittsburgh isn't the team of a few years ago but four games is bad. They just never got anything going. Same with Tampa.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
The Isles sweep the Pens.

This series, I felt the Islanders would win, but didn't foresee a sweep. I thought it would go 5 or 6 at least.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got home from the arena. Pure pandemonium.

That was incredible.

19 years of paying my money and sitting through some pretty bad hockey.

This year I wanted the team NOT to make the playoffs as I did not want them to be drummed on again. Then they went 7-1 in the last 8 games and I got a little hope going. My wife damn near refused to go to any first-round games as she was also not wanting to see the CBJ get drummed on.

And now we are here. AMAZING.

I know it is only the first round, but this team has found something that could be magic. Time will tell...

Now, I gotta go find a couch or a dumpster to set on fire and tip a couple of cars, CAUSE THAT'S HOW WE DO IN THE CBUS! (just kidding).

WOW.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Cbus, boz.
Blues and Jets to overtime.
ETA: bummer! That OT goal stung!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
How do the Jets let the game winner in with only 15 seconds left

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Schwartz! What a come back!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Yeah...the Blues pretty much STOLE that game out of the jaws of defeat. Shoot...it was halfway down the esophagus. I wouldn't have believed it unless I was watching it. Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Caps better win at home. Going back to Carolina one down without Ohsie will be very bad. I hope Foegele grts some kind of suspension for that BS defenseless hit.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Yeah, erj, right you are!
I don't want to jinx my Blues for game 6 but you might want to rethink your predictions, at least in the East! Razz

quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Any predictions? I'm gonna say the finals will be:

East - Tampa Bay
West - Winnipeg

-rduckwor

Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I went to bed last night, with the Jets up 2-0 on the Blues (should've been 3-0 but Hayes' stick nudged the puck the wrong way).
Was surprised and dismayed to see the final score this morning. Big Buff is my main man... been rooting for him since his days as a Thrasher.

Certainly one of these two teams can win a home game, can't they?

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
...you might want to rethink your predictions, at least in the East! Razz
Right?!?!? Big Grin Who woulda ever thunk it!! If the trend continues, Wnnipeg will win in St. Louis...neither has won a game on their home ice. Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Caps better win at home. Going back to Carolina one down without Ohsie will be very bad. I hope Foegele grts some kind of suspension for that BS defenseless hit.

Oshie is a big loss. Looks like nothing will come from the hit. I know the Caps and Wilson will want to send a message but the best way will be on the scoreboard. Wilson has to be careful there is a different set of rules for his hits.

The Caps are bringing DSP back from Hershey. He had a great playoff run last year but I hope he's up to playing at this level again. I hope he can add that spark on the third or fourth line we have been missing.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Way to go Blues!
Congrats!

-rduckwor

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Glad to see the Caps step up tonight. Now to go that in Carolina.

Glad to see DSP came ready to play. I like having him in the lineup. Solid tough 3rd or 4th liner that can also score.

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Avalanche in 5. I certainly didn't see that coming. Big Grin

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
Glad to see the Caps step up tonight. Now to go that in Carolina.

Glad to see DSP came ready to play. I like having him in the lineup. Solid tough 3rd or 4th liner that can also score.

I wish DSP put it in at the end, the crowd would have gone nuts. DSP is a fourth liner who had an amazing playoff run, nothing more. Hopefully he's a good luck charm. He brought some physical play tonight and the team as a whole were flying around and hitting, some real physical play.

That game was a joy to watch. Woke wife up screaming goal over and over again.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Avalanche in 5. I certainly didn't see that coming. Big Grin

Me neither. Two overtime wins. Exciting hockey for sure.

MacKinnon is really playing well. The Avalanche in general are looking good. Back in the groove they had going early in the season.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post