SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 NHL Playoffs Thread
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 NHL Playoffs Thread Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I’m going to bed. Biddington is awesome tonight. Congrats Blues. Now I wish you won in game 6 for your fans. Great series. I love hockey and the Bruins but once it’s over it’s out of my head until next year.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12422 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Show Me,,,,,,the Cup

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the Blues and coach Craig Berube. Used to watch Berube play here in Washington.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
The Blues are sending Laila Anderson to Boston to see game 7. Talk about a classy organization.

Link

Seems cruel to me for them to disappoint such a wonderful girl.

How does that taste?

Posts: 3239 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the Blues.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Blues fans. Very happy to see you guys take Boston down.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4520 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Sorry, got to add this:

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
The Blues are sending Laila Anderson to Boston to see game 7. Talk about a classy organization.

Link

Seems cruel to me for them to disappoint such a wonderful girl.

How does that taste?

Just in case you didn't see it, frayedends wrote this three posts above yours, "I’m going to bed. Biddington is awesome tonight. Congrats Blues. Now I wish you won in game 6 for your fans. Great series. I love hockey and the Bruins but once it’s over it’s out of my head until next year."

And for myself, congrats to the Blues and their fans. Hell of a series.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38643 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
The Blues did it!!! Way to go St. Louis. Cool

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the Blues. Enjoy the parade!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
I'm glad they won. Really.
Just expected them to choke like they've done year after year.
Haven't watched a game since the last player strike.
Didn't watch any of the playoff games either, because it would have made them lose. Razz

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4786 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Blues fans! Enjoy your parade! It took us 43 years, but damn it felt good to see our boys lift Lord Stanley's Cup.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Congratulations Blues fans! Enjoy your parade! It took us 43 years, but damn it felt good to see our boys lift Lord Stanley's Cup.

Thanks, Jesse.
It was 52 years coming for us... but it sure is sweet!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

Just in case you didn't see it, frayedends wrote this three posts above yours, "I’m going to bed. Biddington is awesome tonight. Congrats Blues. Now I wish you won in game 6 for your fans. Great series. I love hockey and the Bruins but once it’s over it’s out of my head until next year."

I did. Thank you. I'm certain frayedends appreciates the sentiment.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the Blues. I was leaning. Boston, but the Blues had a pretty insane season, so it's fun when the Cinderella story gets its happy ending.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Yeah Blues!! I had to work tonight but I am enjoying the highlights now at home. The first Stanley Cup is awesome.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

I did. Thank you. I'm certain frayedends appreciates the sentiment.

Of course. It’s all in good fun. It’s just a game after all.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12422 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the parade downtown...
That was fun!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
A little too much beer, Brett?

Brett Hull: Confirmed party animal. The St. Louis Blues executive vice president celebrated like no other at the team's Stanley Cup parade, and the speech he gave is downright legendary. With beer in hand, Hull took plenty of time in between words, perhaps even coining a new catch phrase for the team in the process.

We went Blues!

-rduckwor

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Joey Vitale used to play for the Penguins.
Of course, before that he grew up in St. Louis. Now, he's the KMOX radio voice of the Blues. His cousin is my brother-in-law. The Vitale's had a family get together and Lord Stanley made an appearance.

Here's my sister and her family at the party.

-rduckwor