SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 NHL Playoffs Thread
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 NHL Playoffs Thread Login/Join 
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
What the hell. NBCSN dropped the Bruins before overtime. I watched the whole game and couldn’t find a station with the overtime. My WiFi thinks I’m in New York because I’m using a hotspot over cellular. That sucked. At least they won.

It changed me from the Stars game to Boston then black screen for 5 minutes.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
What the hell. NBCSN dropped the Bruins before overtime. I watched the whole game and couldn’t find a station with the overtime. My WiFi thinks I’m in New York because I’m using a hotspot over cellular. That sucked. At least they won.

It changed me from the Stars game to Boston then black screen for 5 minutes.

That's weird, I'm in the Dallas market and they switched over to Stars/Blues at the start of the game and stayed with it. No black screen for me. In the DAL and STL markets they moved the CBJ BOS game to NHL Network, everyone else was supposed to get that game back on NBCSN.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:

That's weird, I'm in the Dallas market and they switched over to Stars/Blues at the start of the game and stayed with it. No black screen for me. In the DAL and STL markets they moved the CBJ BOS game to NHL Network, everyone else was supposed to get that game back on NBCSN.

That's what they announced was going to happen but that's not what happened here. In the St. Louis market they went back to the CBJ/BOS game until conclusion. I had to turn on KMOX radio while watching the overtime.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
In Boston, I had to switch over to the NHL network for the overtime. Even my wife was saying WTF.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Wake up Blues!
Not a great 1st period...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Wake up Blues!
Not a great 1st period...

I'll disagree Razz

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Razz

-rduckwor

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Not much defense in that first period, eh?? 3 goals in 1:12??? Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Avs need to figure out how to beat a team like the Sharks if they are ever going to come close to a cup. The Sharks are a veteran team who know how to shut down star players, and how to slow down fast players, and how to exploit young players.

Posts: 7523 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Bruins have GOT to stop the turnovers. Charlie Coyle.......AGAIN! Mad Mad And Pastrnak is in his head so bad, I might as well take his shift. Sunuvabiscuiteater... Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smile

Boom goes the cannon!

Tuesday and Thursday are going to be fun.

Both the Jackets and the Bruins are playing the exact same game. Old time hockey. Gotta love it.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Heck of a comeback from Carolina especially after Mrazek left with injury.

Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
Heck of a comeback from Carolina especially after Mrazek left with injury.

Yeah, those two quick goals were nice. A lot better than the Islanders' goal off the 'Canes defenseman.

Van Riemsdyk going off hurt on his first shift didn't help matters any either. Wouldn't be surprised if he had broken collarbone after that hit.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
I'm rooting for the Blues as well. Can't believe that Vegas game, I never saw a team come together like that before.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:

Van Riemsdyk going off hurt on his first shift didn't help matters any either. Wouldn't be surprised if he had broken collarbone after that hit.

Oh yeah definitely looked like that or dislocated shoulder. I imagine he will be out for a while.

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Happy the Avs held on for the win. Man, Burns blew up Calvert on that last empty netter. In these series its their job to get one in their building. Now its their job not to let them get one in the Avs building.

Posts: 7523 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Way to go Blues!

Don’t discount the Blues holding off the Stars at the end, as Dallas was remarkably resilient in managing comebacks in this one. The Blues lost leads of 1-0, 2-1, and 3-2 before finally holding off the persistent Stars. The wildest stretch happened during the third period, as Dallas and St. Louis combined for three goals in just 2:46 of game time, and also combined for four goals in 5:16. For such a buttoned-down Game 3 defensively, and a series that’s largely involved skin-tight defense, this was a stunning scoring spree.

Well, it would be a more stunning score spree if, you know, this postseason wasn’t consistently mind-blowing.

Both goalies were generally strong in Game 3. There was some concern about Ben Bishop after he had difficulty getting to his feet making a save (and maybe was a little slow on a 2-1 Blues goal), but Bishop seemed to play quite well overall, so maybe that was a dodged bullet. Bishop and Jordan Binnington made some huge, difficult saves in Game 3, giving us the goalie duel we expected heading into Round 2.

After carving out an impressive three road wins against the Winnipeg Jets in Round 1, the Blues remain perfect away from home during this run, as they won this first skirmish in Dallas. The Blues are up 2-1 in Round 2, but if the Stars’ hustle is any indication, more wins won’t come easily.

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2019...e-game-3-from-stars/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chellim1,

-rduckwor

posted Hide Post
Again... WOW.

The Jackets just keep rolling and the cannon keeps booming.

Incredible crowd tonight and another battle. Back and forth, but CBJ won the night.

Now on to Thursday and another VICTORY!

Oh, and eat it Marchand Smile

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn’t expect this from the sharks. But I’ll take it

Posts: 4760 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Well...that sucked

Last week everyone was saying only the stupid money would have bet on CBJ.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post