SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 NHL Playoffs Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 NHL Playoffs Thread Login/Join 
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
I've already watched a bunch of playoff games & officiating continues to be horrible. Just an example from tonight's Bruins/Leafs game - the officials could have kept the game in control by calling the game more tightly. The number of scrums, questionable hits in which nothing was called sends the players a message. DeBrusk had a few questionable hits on Marleau (into rounded glass by bench), Dermott (head hit), & Kadri (knee on knee) with no penalties called. I'm not surprised that Kadri lined him up in retaliation. I also noted the very rapid recovery by DeBrusk. Not taking any sides but saying that the referees could have been prevented, especially when the league says it's cutting down on the dirty stuff.

Maybe I'm not saying it well, but a lot of the controversy could be avoided by better officiating.

As to Kadri's (deserved), who know what player safety will do anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯?

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
As to Kadri's (deserved), who know what player safety will do anymore

I feel sometimes they just flip a coin to make their decisions.

Kadri was offered an in-person hearing so he's looking at a multi-game suspension.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Refs usually let the players play during the post season. Trust me that's the way the players like it. If they want it to stop they'll just take one out of every scrum.

Avs even it up. I thought it would be broom time they way the Mike Smith has been playing, and the Flames defensive play almost kept our stars off the score sheet for two games. And, the Flames PK has been excellent. Their PP gave up a shorty much to my delight.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Seems I overestimated the Pens chances.

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Skate-around just ended.

No Hedman tonight for Tampa Bay.

In my seat and waiting for puck drop. Hope the CBJ show up.

Go Blue Jackets!!!

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
A lot gets over looked in playoffs. Even at levels I play in.
"OPEN YOUR EYES HANNA!"

The Bruins were all over the Leafs. Hockey can be an incredibly frustrating game when calls aren't being made. But its hockey stuck it up. Cheap shots are intolerable .

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been watching the NHL Playoffs for 4 decades and I cannot ever recall watching a single series that wasn't chippy, ugly and filled with officiating controversy.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
I have been watching the NHL Playoffs for 4 decades and I cannot ever recall watching a single series that wasn't chippy, ugly and filled with officiating controversy.

Yeah. You just described playoff hockey to a tee. That is exactly why the second season is the best season.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
WTF happened to the Lightning? They left hockey in the regular season.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlc444:

No joke, guess they thought that President's Trophy would take them to the Finals on its own.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nationwide Arena is freaking electric. It is literally buzzing.

Jackets need to keep taking it to the Bolts and not fall into a "prevent" or "shut down" trap.

Good hockey so far...

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
quote:
Originally posted by dlc444:

No joke, guess they thought that President's Trophy would take them to the Finals on its own.

I’m no Tampa Bay fan but this reminds me of the Patriots winning every game and losing the Super Bowl.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Lightning have never been able to handle the close-in, man on man game. the teams they lost to in the regular season (Boston, DC, Leafs) all played right on top of us. Blue Jackets learned what works, and are taking full advantage.

With this sort of effort, we don't deserve to be there.

It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lightning have never been able to handle the close-in, man on man game.

The Blues also beat the Lightning the two times they played during the regular season.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
I will concede to that. Just getting smacked by the wild card is... wild

Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Tough road for Tampa and Pittsburg going forward.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:

Neither is playing well. I would like to see both win a game or three all in OT if possible. Let them all beat each other up before my Caps would have to face any of them. Big Grin

Hate to see both series go out in 4.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
IIRC the last time the President's Cup trophy winner won the cup was the Red Wings in 2008.

The Pens may salvage a game, but I think they're done. They are playing slightly better than they did since the trade deadline but still making bad passes, too many turnovers, too many mental mistakes.

Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:

Neither is playing well. I would like to see both win a game or three all in OT if possible. Let them all beat each other up before my Caps would have to face any of them. Big Grin

Hate to see both series go out in 4.

I think the Caps/Islander series will decide the East

posted Hide Post
Freaking awesome game...

BOOM!

20 years as a PSL/season ticket holder and this was my first winning playoff game at home (second for the team, but I was on assignment in Georgia during that win in 2014).

Can't wait until Tuesday. Tampa is going to be out for blood, but if we keep playing our system, it will be epic.

The "Boz"