SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 NHL Playoffs Thread
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 NHL Playoffs Thread Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Carolina on fire!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Was supposed to watch the 'Canes game with a colleague but got caught up at a business dinner. Would have loved to have seen 3 goals in the 3rd period...

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Stars played well. Blues played pretty dirty at the end of the second.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would have loved to have seen 3 goals in the 3rd period...

2 were empty netters. The final one with something like 4 seconds left.

Was a great game!!!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Nice win by the Avs tonight. Great young team who probably isn't their time quite yet. I've noticed in this series the Sharks play an excellent team defensive game. But, as the game get to the half way mark the ice opens up a whole lot. I think their age is showing. Is it enough for the Avs to close out? I don't know. If the Avs are going to advance its going to be via a game seven all bets are off scenario. Anyway, I'm pleased with this team this year regardless of the outcome of this series. They have taking a couple of steps forward. If the five year window is going to open for this team this years the draft needs to place three players of impact on this roster in the next two years.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Is something wrong with Ryan O’Reilly?

Ryan O'Reilly hasn't been himself against the Dallas Stars...

https://sports.yahoo.com/st-lo...ggles-154452811.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Love the "Sweep, Sweep, Sweep" chant with 7 minutes to go in the Hurricanes/Islanders game.

I was at game 4 in Pittsburgh and some of the Islanders fans in attendance were typical New York Aholes. So I'm enjoying watching their team go down in flames the same as my team did Smile

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Again... WOW.

The Jackets just keep rolling and the cannon keeps booming.

Now on to Thursday and another VICTORY!

Oh, and eat it Marchand Smile

You were saying...?

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12423 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Carolina on fire!

Glad I don't have to feel bad about Trotz going to the Cup without Caps. Good to see the team that knocked us off easily took out NYI. Tiny vindication for embarrassing 1st round knock off.

Rooting for STL vs CAR.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Stars played great but can’t believe Bishop screwed up his shutout!

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The Blues are looking better...
Trying to force a game 7!

-rduckwor

Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Tap of the stick to the Blue Jackets. Well played series.

On to Carolina!

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:

Great season for the CBJ. They'll be back next year.

-rduckwor

I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
It'll be an interesting off-season for Columbus. Panarin, Bobrovsky, Kinkaid, Duchene, Dzingel, & McQuaid are all UFA's. Werensky is an RFA & there are a couple of arbitration eligible RFA's also.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:

On to Carolina!

Bruins v Whalers. Yeah!!

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bruins v Whalers. Yeah!!

Those were some great series back in the day. I am not really feeling the need for any Brass Bonanza.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
YES!!!
What a game! Double OT.
But Bishop was incredible.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chellim1,

-rduckwor

A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Yeah Blues!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really hoping the Avalanche come through tonight. Might be tough in San Jose but should be a good game either way. Been a wild playoff ride so far, hope it continues.

Posts: 5 | Registered: May 02, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Hell of a game 7 between the Stars and Blues. The whole series could have gone either way. My hat is off to the Stars who played really well... but there can be only one winner.

Go Blues.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post