SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 NHL Playoffs Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 NHL Playoffs Thread Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted
Any predictions? I'm gonna say the finals will be:

East - Tampa Bay
West - Winnipeg

My B's have been awesome this year, but I just don't think they can take Tampa Bay. B's will lose in the Eastern finals. If they stay healthy, they might have a chance.

Nashville COULD take the West and it would be wishful thinking on my part to see a Bruins/Predators Stanley Cup final.

I hope coach Trotz and the Islanders sweep the Penguins. Trotz should win the Jack Adams this year...he's certainly earned it!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
TB looks awfully good. Calgary looks good too. Anything can happen in a short series though.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be attending the CBJ home games (season ticket holder from day 1).

Although it seems insurmountable, I have seen Presidents Cup Trophy winners not show up and be eliminated in the first round. So, that is what I am holding on to for now.

GO JACKETS!

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VGK................TBL
.......VGK-TBL........
WPG................WSH

Tampa to win it all. And my stars to gloriously blow round 1

-----------------------
be safe.

Posts: 260 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: June 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
I’m going full homer, Stars win it!

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
I’m going full homer, Stars win it!

Marijuana isn't legal here yet so what is you smoking?! Haha.

I can't bet against Tampa, but Washington looks pretty good for a repeat. The West was so whacked this season I don't know what to think. My guess would be Winnipeg, Nashville, or St Louis in that order to win the west and then lose to either TB or WASH.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
NHL

????

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
B’s look strong but I don’t know who can get past Tampa.
Tampa’s a buzz saw.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
I'll be rooting for the Pens, but don't think they have enough in the tank to take the cup.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kuisis:
I'll be rooting for the Pens, but don't think they have enough in the tank to take the cup.

Same. I don't see them going beyond the second round though. If Malkin & Kessel get going, who knows.

1st Round:
Lightning, Bruins, Caps, Pens
Flames, Golden Knights, Predators, Jets

I'll make my second round picks after I see how bad these are.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will also be rooting for the Pens, but don't think they will make past he second round too.

I feel Tampa will be very hard to beat.

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Another Pens fan and I'm just hoping they make it to the 2nd round.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
It's been 11 years since the team that won the President's Trophy won the Cup. The 2007-2008 Red Wings were the last to do so.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23944 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
<----------

My prediction.

Kuzy and Ovi are going to light the lamps add in a nice healthy dose of Wilson.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The Blues have played very well against Nashville this year. If we can get by Winnipeg, I think the Blues/Nashville series will be a lot of fun.

Let's Go Blues!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23944 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I don't like the way the NHL does the draw. They seed the teams by division/wild card when they should be ranked 1-8 according to final record. Boston had a better record than Washington and should be playing the #7 seed...like in the "old days".

1-8
2-7
3-6
4-5

No sir...I don't like it at all and I haven't liked it since they started that Wild Card bullshit. I get why the Wild Card started...to keep one division from monopolizing the playoff structure and that's fine. I just think the teams making the playoffs (with the wild card system) should then be re-ranked 1 through 8 according to record and THEN the draw created.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I would love to see the Preds go, but they have a bad habit this year (and to a lesser degree previous years) of playing down to the competition or just not showing up to play. They come out on fire and outplay anybody for two periods, but then the next period they just don't do anything. It works during the regular season, but not during the playoffs against the best of the best.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Stars have had success against both Preds and Blues this season, don’t dismiss them so easily.

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoinRoller:
The Stars have had success against both Preds and Blues this season, don’t dismiss them so easily.

And Winnipeg and Calgary

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post