SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Post your favorite sign
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post your favorite sign Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
I give up. What do these pictures that talk about 3rd party hosting mean?
They mean that you should use PostImage.org instead of photobucket.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
In a Harley shop at Branson, Missouri

100_2106
by David Casteel, on Flickr

Years ago, the intent of this variation had no political or social overtones to it and was just plain funny. Now---not so much:

Unattended Children Will Be Sold As Slaves

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:

Soylent Wendy? Ugh!

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definition of signal

: sign, indication

a : an act, event, or watchword that has been agreed on as the occasion of concerted actionb : something that incites to action

: something (such as a sound, gesture, or object) that conveys notice or warning

a : an object used to transmit or convey information beyond the range of human voiceb : the sound or image conveyed in telegraphy, telephony, radio, radar, or televisionc : a detectable physical quantity or impulse (such as a voltage, current, or magnetic field strength) by which messages or information can be transmitted

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54607 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
This one would get my attention:

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
I give up. What do these pictures that talk about 3rd party hosting mean?

That's the Official Flag of SIGforum Smile

(In case it's not known by all, there is no time limit on editing your original post and using a different image hosting site.)

Back to signs, I like this image featuring a sign, because it reminds me of myself:

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are those jousting dents? I am afraid that sort of sign would be over the heads of a few folks I know. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
I came across that photo on Twitter and don't know the origin of it. Whether those are jousting dents or bullet holes is open to interpretation. I'm glad that you appreciate the photo too.

Here's a Wikipedia entry that might help some form their own interpretation of the photo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilting_at_windmills

Picture of frogger
posted Hide Post
The first one is probably photoshopped, but it still amuses me.

The second one is real. I've seen it. There is a Clinton, SC and a Prosperity, SC and this sign exists on several intersections between them.

And I took this last one myself while on vacation in Japan.

••••••••••••••••••••
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5409 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: November 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
This one is from Mississippi :

While this one is from Wisconsin: