SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Post your favorite sign
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post your favorite sign Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Two more I can think of:

Years ago during the Iranian hostage crisis, a friend in California sent me a photo of a sign outside a Cinema multiplex. On it were listed the movies being shown, at the bottom of the sign were the words
"FUCK IRAN"

This one could also apply to gunshows with slight alteration, on the table of one of the vendors at an antique show was a sign reading," The only one interested in what your grandmother had was your grandfather."

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
there's a bridge over a river in the middle of town...posted sign say "NO JUMPING OFF BRIDGE". Wonder how many that has stopped.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
there were a few signs on the side of the building at CMP south store,

had it on my phone but it did not make the transition to the new phone,

a couple of small metal signs on the side of the building where the sidewalk is to the door,,

basically it said,

please do not pee in the bushes

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indians use to run this place
There were no taxes and no debt
Men hunted, Women did all the work
Then came the white man
He decided to improve upon this

Awake not woke

Posts: 567 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Maybe not a favorite, but interesting. The bridge parallel to this one has a "No Horses" sign.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
What's the difference between a sign and a signal?

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have this on the door to my man cave.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I can't find the picture of it, but there is a restaurant in Detroit, Michigan that has painted on one of the exterior walls a sign that says "EAT HERE, DIE'T HOME". (Yes, that's an apostrophe.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Took this one not long ago, still cracks me up.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
This one from another thread on here gave me a chuckle:

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by BigWhup:

I-10, just inside Texas border with Louisiana. A Texas brag I would guess!

The sun is rose, the sun is set, and we are still in Texas yet.

A few years ago I took a late afternoon flight from Houston to San Francisco. About half way through the flight, time wise, the pilot announced "the lights you see on the left side of the plane is El Paso. We were half way home and still over Texas. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
A Marty Robbins tune suddenly sprang up in my brain. Big Grin

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You mean Kinky and his version of Marty's song?

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
The sun is rose, the sun is set, and we are still in Texas yet.

Yeah, I had a truck like that once.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well, wrightd, PHPaul,and Jman78 it looks like someone thought those gators were just lovable and won that Darwin award.

http://everythingnews.net/flor...o-rape-an-alligator/

Posts: 519 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
In the town of Moreton-in-Marsh, about 30 miles from Oxford. 'Inn on the Marsh' is in the background, one of 11 pubs we visited on a 10 day driving tour of South England in 2006.

"Pensioners" they are called.

RMD

I give up. What do these pictures that talk about 3rd party hosting mean?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
In the town of Moreton-in-Marsh, about 30 miles from Oxford. 'Inn on the Marsh' is in the background, one of 11 pubs we visited on a 10 day driving tour of South England in 2006.

"Pensioners" they are called.

RMD

I give up. What do these pictures that talk about 3rd party hosting mean?
Surely you jest. There have been several threads about Photobucket now requiring large payments to allow posting photos from their site onto other web boards.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post