SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Share your thoughts please..another tire issue.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Share your thoughts please..another tire issue. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
Three times now, same tire, nail in no repair zone. Just discovered the 3rd nail. Also, parked my van last week, ground all clear around van, 20 minutes later, a computer case thumb type screw between the front and rear tires. Am I just having bad luck or is someone messing with me? Because, at this time, I am warming up to the latter.. Mad Said this as kind as I can.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Certainly seems suspicious. Rare that we have a customer with that issue.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Passenger’s side, rear tire?

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Yup. Passenger rear.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I don’t think someone is messing with you. The rear tires turn a tighter circle than front. Crowned roads cause debris to collect on the right side. That’s my theory anyway.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Think you're just unlucky like me. Almost every time I make a trip to the McGuire VA hospital in Richmond, it seems like I pick up a machine screw, drywall screw, or nail of some sort. Potholes and train tracks cause stuff to bounce off of work trucks. Always be mindful of construction sites as well since the roll-offs they use sometimes have rust holes that allow smaller debris to fall through.

Here's hoping for better luck David! Cool

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Any political stickers on vehicle?

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Think you're just unlucky like me. Almost every time I make a trip to the McGuire VA hospital in Richmond, it seems like I pick up a machine screw, drywall screw, or nail of some sort. Potholes and train tracks cause stuff to bounce off of work trucks. Always be mindful of construction sites as well since the roll-offs they use sometimes have rust holes that allow smaller debris to fall through.

Here's hoping for better luck David! Cool
Thank you. Tons of roll offs on the Dixie Highway. We have several contractors who rent the large storage units on the property. It is screw and nail hell. I drive around the property a lot checking in on stored campers, U Hauls trucks and strange vehicles that drive in.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
Any political stickers on vehicle?
None. Just have a lil Tasmanian Devil in the back window.. Big Grin Cant really see Taz due to tinted glass.

Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Front tire rolls over the object and pops it up and then the back tire gets punctured.

That's what a buddy who owns 9 tire stores told me...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3457 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I am a leaf
on the wind...
posted Hide Post
https://magnetsinc.com/shop/su...nt-magnetic-sweeper/

Get yourself a FOD magnet.

Posts: 2117 | Location: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: August 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Believe I will order my new Cooper tire today. Was reading Goodyear has now bought Cooper Tire. Dont exactly know what that means for Cooper but Goodyear is getting a stable run company in the deal. Many years back I ran some expensive Goodyears on my '73 New Yorker and they were a excellent road tire. The CS5s are a very good deal through Sams at $121.00+ tax.