SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ring Doorbell Folks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ring Doorbell Folks Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
Does anyone know if there is a way to change the ringtone?

Can't stand the one it comes with.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
https://support.ring.com/hc/en...6-Multiple-Ringtones

Like this?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Cool. Didn't see that before. When I set the thing up it seemed it only had the one default tone.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
https://support.ring.com/hc/en...6-Multiple-Ringtones

Like this?

I think that only works with a Chime. I've spoken to Ring about the lack of choices in tones. Andrew is a good guy and is job is talking to customers about what they like/don't like. Here is his contact info:

Andrew Pohlen
Neighborhood Manager
1523 26th St
Santa Monica, CA 90404

andrew.pohlen@ring.com
(855) 688-7756 ext. 44

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Yep. Seems to only work with Chime.

I can't seem to change the tone that comes to my phone.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Take the battery out. Sounds just like a knock!

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
They'd have to knock pretty loud for me to hear it when I'm not home.

posted Hide Post
This is my biggest complaint. I emailed them and they said this is a common complaint. Why don't they freaking listen to their customers and give the option. I can't see it being that difficult for an app programmer.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

I had no idea such device was being sold. Interesting! I want the driveway donger integrated with an app.

Posts: 17885 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

If I may drift a bit - I'd like to get one of these for my sister in Great Falls. Specs say operating temp low range is -5F. How does it work in January there?

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
quote:

If I may drift a bit - I'd like to get one of these for my sister in Great Falls. Specs say operating temp low range is -5F. How does it work in January there?

Haven't had mine through a winter yet, but I'd imagine that being attached to the side of the house it'll stay warm enough.