SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fatal Shooting : You can go to jail or you can go to the morgue NSFW
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fatal Shooting : You can go to jail or you can go to the morgue NSFW Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
That's just a damn shame.
That poor car dindo nuffin'!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
When is pookies rap sheet gonna be posted?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
that dog coming out of the door cracked me up. "woah, shit."

A sure sign of an aroused (not in that way) and stressed mental state, as one would expect.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Smith's portrait, from previous interactions with the police.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31383 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Have you ever been talking with someone, and you noticed that their eyes were looking just past your eyes? Almost like you have a third eye just to the left of your left eye, or just to the right of your right eye, and they're looking into that imaginary eye?

Then, when you're done speaking, their focus comes back to your real eyes, and they apparently didn't hear a single word of what you said?

I have had that experience with a lot of young Black guys. There was a kid in our neighborhood, and he would ride his bicycle BETWEEN my truck and the fence - usually clipping the side of my truck with his handle bars. So, one day, I asked him to come over, and as nicely as I could - with no air of confrontation or judgement, I calmly asked him if he might quit riding his bike there. Almost as soon as I began speaking - within a second or two, his eyes kind of glazed over, and he stared at my third left imaginary eye while I asked him if he would please not right his bike there anymore. The very second I was finished, his focus came back on me, he said (automatically) "okay", then rode off. Between the fence and my truck.

So, I called him back over, and when I tried to explain to him what happened just then, his response indicated he felt some kind of persecution - even though I was as nice as anyone could possibly be. The poor boy just didn't have the capacity to listen or comprehend anything. I wondered if maybe it was because of the way he was treated at home?

Anyway, I could very easily imagine him acting the same way the kid in this video acted.

Maybe these poor kids - many times who were birthed exclusively for the AFDC payments the mother would receive - have only been yelled at their entire lives, and have learned to just tune it out when someone is yelling at them.

Just food for thought.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do I think that this person had been ask before, by the police, to raise his hands????

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Every chihuahua I`ve ever known would have gone for the ineffective bite. That one was smart!

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
One thing for sure, it's a good thing they had cameras. The more they get used the more they show justification in LEO shootings. They stop most civil lawsuits before they can start.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by liner:
Every chihuahua I`ve ever known would have gone for the ineffective bite. That one was smart!

Those little fuckers are bad tempered all out of proportion to their size.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
So, three police officers all repeatedly telling you to get your hands up is too confusing to understand?

It is if you're rock-dense st00pid.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
One thing for sure, it's a good thing they had cameras. The more they get used the more they show justification in LEO shootings. They stop most civil lawsuits before they can start.

Jim

Which is why the leftists in California want to change the justification for an officer using deadly force from "reasonable" to "necessary."

The body cams, you see, weren't enough. That's right: It wasn't enough that, lo and behold, the shootings are usually, nearly always, justified. Nope. Not good enough.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Fracking idiot.

How utterly, mind-numbingly stupid do you have to be such that when somebody's pointing a weapon at you and telling you to "PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" you reach for something other than air?

It's a cultural thing

Thanks Chief. I was searching for those exact words.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It almost seems like the cops wanted the stupid asshat to put his hands in the air.

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
"Get your hand out of your pocket!"

Which he did... perhaps a whole lot faster than he should have in retrospect.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Fracking idiot.

How utterly, mind-numbingly stupid do you have to be such that when somebody's pointing a weapon at you and telling you to "PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" you reach for something other than air?

Greater than or equal to the stupidity of Mr. Smith apparently. Slightly less stupid and he gets charged with B&E or trespass, instead his family will be praying for ghetto lotto to hit.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:

So, three police officers all repeatedly telling you to get your hands up is too confusing to understand?

What is confusing is the stress of knowing you were caught breaking and entering and, at the least, are about to get hauled off to jail. Lots of people aren't good under that kind of pressure.

Had he not been commiting a crime in the first place, then confusion and reaction speed under pressure wouldn't be an issue. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good riddance. Guy broke into a home with kids inside. He had multiple opportunities to walk out of that garage alive but he was too stupid to do that.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:...It's a cultural thing

IIRC a year or so ago a teen, I think in New York somewhere, was shot and killed by an older woman during a home invasion robbery. The perp's cousin said something like "people don't understand, he's from the 'hood, how else is he supposed to get money".

Repeating my broken record, if people continue to ignore/deny the source of the problem, things will only get worse. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I've seen cattle with more spark of intellect in their eyes than the decedent has in that mug shot.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Dope.

Would be my guess. Meth to be exact. He acted just like a lot of people that we have dealt with of late. Most of the country has got a bad batch of meth going around. People take it and they hallucinate. People screaming their feet are on fire. Extremely paranoid. Seeing people that aren't there. Cutting off fingers because imaginary people won't let it go. Very listless. Pacing and despondent. Almost zombie like on the other end of the spectrum.

It's bad. I don't know really if it is a "bad" batch, or if it is just most of the meth is laced with other stuff like bath salts, fentanyl, and whatnot.

Expect to see more shootings like this. There is a strain of fentanyl right now that is Narcan resistant. It may kill some of them off, but not before wrecking a lot of havoc.

Used to be dope followed racial divides. It is not true any more. Meth is being used by all races pretty equally.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post