SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's for the children

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
It's for the children Login/Join 
posted
In order to get ahead of the issue and not get steamrolled by it, I propose the following. All or nothing.

Child protection act of 2018

Treat semi-automatic, magazine fed rifles the same as handguns (NICS check, 21 years old to purchase).
- This is one gun law that doesn’t blame the gun. We acknowledge that a small segment of the gun buying public may need to mature a bit longer before having access to this class of weapons, just like we do with handguns. I’m not crazy about it but I can live with it.

Federally mandated shall issue CCW.
- If the federal government can mandate national abortion they can damn sure mandate national right to bear arms. The best way to stop a bad man with a gun is a good man with a gun and everyone knows it.

Federally mandated state input to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) of all requisite criminal and mental health records.
- No exceptions and costs of compliance to be borne by the states.

Raise the age for a girl seeking an abortion without parental notification to 21.
- This legislation is meant to protect ALL the children. It’s not about denying rights, it’s about ensuing those people exercising their rights are mature enough to understand the consequences of their decisions.

If the democrats have a problem with this let them go on TV and explain why they won’t support common sense legislation to protect our children.

So, any supporters?

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
There is already a thread running on this topic

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tusk:

So, any supporters?

Nope.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Not a fan at all of increasing the age of adulting. Especially at a time where there is a growing movement to lower the voting age to 16.

If you can vote at 18, you should be able to do any adult thing at 18. One age for all “grown up things” as far as I am concerned.

The problem is that the later you make that age, you have a defacto extension of dependency. As it is now you have courts ordering “child support” for a parent to pay college tuition for their “child” as late as the age of 25.

Sorry, 25 is not a “child”.

My experience is that most people tend to meet the expectations placed upon them. If you expect little, don’t be surprised or be disappointed when they do little. Raise the expectations instead of lowering them and you might be surprised how many folks meet them.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
What makes you think that the GDC gun grabbers will be mollified with the increase in age from 18 to 21? They've shown over and over that they are never satisfied with any compromise that has been made. Their only goal is the eventual banning of the ownership of ALL firearms.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I'll be standing over here in the Nothing line.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43866 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post