SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I need a better keyboard for my iPad Pro 9.7 than the Zagg Folio. Suggestions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need a better keyboard for my iPad Pro 9.7 than the Zagg Folio. Suggestions? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
I’ve gone through five (5) of the Zagg Folio’s in about 18 months. Zagg keeps on replacing them sometimes free and sometimes for $20 but I’m tired of the crappy design and want something better. My requirements are that it have a keyboard/screen that I can place on my lap to type. Thus, anything that requires a flat stable surface wouldn’t work.

For reference, the attached picture shows the plastic pivot bar that continually cracks and then breaks completely.

Thanks!

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I use a Zagg Rugged Book for mine.

I've had mine 2 years and only had to replace it once.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I use a Logitech keyboard for my regular iPad and I like the feel and durability.

Here’s the equivalent for the iPad Pro 9.7:
Amazon link

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I have the Apple keyboard/cover for my 12.9" iPad Pro. No issues in the six months I've had it, but it is $160. (New ones are even more expensive!)

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I have the Apple keyboard/cover for my 12.9" iPad Pro. No issues in the six months I've had it, but it is $160. (New ones are even more expensive!)

I have the apple one also, they fail after 2 years with regular use so be prepared. With that being said I still replaced it with the apple one.

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fizteach
posted Hide Post
I have a Logitech on my larger 1st generation IPad Pro and I have had no problems. I heartily recommend this keyboard.

Get over it!!

Posts: 669 | Location: Campbell, TX | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
I pre-ordered one of these for my iPad Pro 11. They already have one available for the 9.7" model.

Brydge iPad keyboard/case

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post