SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gender is a Decision, it is Not Determined in the Womb
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gender is a Decision, it is Not Determined in the Womb Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
lets all do a chromosome test shall we...

XX or XY?

only two possible outcomes

Not true.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Behavior is a decision. Biology is determined in the womb.

THIS!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Behavior is a decision. Biology is determined in the womb.

THIS!

True, but drives can be determined in the womb, too.

For anyone who thinks it's impossible for sexual orientation (or gender identity) to be hard-wired counter to gender, i.e., wired for homosexuality or gender dysphoria, please do a google image search for "birth defects" and then contemplate the notion that everything, including how a person's brain operates, always comes out exactly "as nature intended."

I'm not in favor of children being allowed/directed to transition, nor for all of the SJW attitudes regarding sexaul orientation and gender identity, but it seems completely within reason to believe it's possible for those things to go awry through no choice nor fault of the person experiencing them.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

XX or XY?

Not true.

Yup ...

quote:
Klinefelter syndrome, also known as the XXY condition, is a term used to describe males who have an extra X chromosome in most of their cells. About one of every 500 males has an extra X chromosome, but many don't have any symptoms.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
and how many of these 'gender fluid' morons have this particualr affliction?

and are they self-identifying as an 'it' at aged 3, or is this crap being forced upon them by abusive parents?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
homosexuality is a choice.

Tell me- when did you decide to be heterosexual?

I’m heterosexual. I didn’t choose.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

XX or XY?

Not true.

Isn't it like 20 something ways chromosomes can be "paired"?

It's been about 40 years since guinea pig and flatworm school, so I do not know the real numbers, but I know there are quite a few iterations.

No doubt there are some things that cause some males to be very effeminate in there physiological construction, and same females. Add to that the odd X and Y variations, and then the things that affect a persons psyche, both organic and environment.

But the matter of the gender not being determined, even those, (with exception to environmental bias) are going to be what they are going to be early in development, about the tenth week.

And my position on all of this is that today's society and some parents are causing confusion and introducing a "variable condition" that is not natural.

Or to put it bluntly, some people are really fucking up kids.

And if I recall, millstones and the deep blue sea, might help solve this dilemma.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
quote:

XX or XY?

as with just about everything else, democrats and libtards are so full of shit it makes cattle ranches look pristine

You would think, but that isn't true. Other mentioned XXY. You can also get people that are female genitalia but are XY. Google Swyer syndrome. There were three women competing in the last Olympics that are likely XY. Caster Semenya is one.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, procreation to ensure humans continue to exist is being conflated with whip me harder sex.

Posts: 425 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
quote:

XX or XY?

Not true.

It's been about 40 years since guinea pig and flatworm school, so I do not know the real numbers, but I know there are quite a few iterations.

No doubt there are some things that cause some males to be very effeminate in there physiological construction, and same females. Add to that the odd X and Y variations, and then the things that affect a persons psyche, both organic and environment.

But the matter of the gender not being determined, even those, (with exception to environmental bias) are going to be what they are going to be early in development, about the tenth week.

And my position on all of this is that today's society and some parents are causing confusion and introducing a "variable condition" that is not natural.

And if I recall, millstones and the deep blue sea, might help solve this dilemma.

If we are doing punnett squares, I remember the definition of life from science class. My teacher was a homophobe, gays don't satisfy 2 of 7 characteristics of life according to him...

The seven characteristics of life include:
responsiveness to the environment;
growth and change;
ability to reproduce;
have a metabolism and breathe;
maintain homeostasis;
being made of cells; and.
passing traits onto offspring.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Well, maybe homosexuals do not have 2 of the 7, humanity is not the Borg.

While the individual "homosexual" or a pair cannot reproduce by natural means, the continual "natural" occurrence of those with specific natural organic traits cannot be disputed as they exist again and again, repeatable by nature.

I have my opinion on what and why, but this venue is a difficult place to discuss it, but I would take time to back and forth email or phone call anyone with a honest desire to discuss it.

That said, humankind has learned how to facilitate the "passing of traits" and "reproduce" using scientific and artificial means.

The argument for is that a "good thing" or a "bad thing" is a whole 'nother argument.

For instance, let us ask the question. (rhetorically for the sake of what one of many facets of the discussion in such a wide and varied thing)

Taking the position of natural selection, or evolution into a point of discussion, are "homosexuals" on the way in, on the way out, or simply an occasional aberration of natural selection, evolution, nature?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:
quote:

XX or XY?

Not true.

If we are doing punnett squares, I remember the definition of life from science class. My teacher was a homophobe, gays don't satisfy 2 of 7 characteristics of life according to him...

The seven characteristics of life include:
responsiveness to the environment;
growth and change;
ability to reproduce;
have a metabolism and breathe;
maintain homeostasis;
being made of cells; and.
passing traits onto offspring.

Where does that leave married couples in who choose not to have children? Your teacher was not just a homophobe, but a nut job as well.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Taking the position of natural selection, or evolution into a point of discussion, are "homosexuals" on the way in, on the way out, or simply an occasional aberration of natural selection, evolution, nature?

Homosexuality occurs naturally, and in other species besides humans. It has always been, and will always be present. It is not a matter of evolving or devolving into homosexuality.

The only thing that has changed over time is mainstream exposure of homosexuality, not its rate. You can't "recruit" homosexuals any more than you can "fix" them. Homosexuality is not something whereby gays will only produce gay offspring. Just the same, there will never be only straight children produced by straight parents.

Sex and Gender are not the same, they are indeed linked but distinct parts of a whole person. Homosexuality is no more a choice than Heterosexuality. Gender is both learned socially, and influenced by biology.

When I talk about kids being gender fluid, I'm speaking of young children, and I'm thinking about the articles I read where parents let kids under 10 decide to start hormone blockers.

How many people do you know under 25 who know who they are? How many under 21? 18? How many people over 25?

How long does it take someone to know themselves?

I think it's safe to say that allowing a child to take drugs or have surgery that will alter their gender identity, is deeply deeply fucked, if not criminal.

I've never met anyone who has chosen to be heterosexual. I never will. I've also never met anyone who has chosen to be homosexual, and never will.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your question is too micro in nature. I think the more appropriate question might be....Are "humans" on the way in, on the way out, or simply an occasional aberration of natural selection, evolution, nature?

Given the current behavior and mentality of humans in general, which in my view is devolving at a more rapid pace than in the past, I would propose humans won't be around for too many more generations before we join the extinct species list. And amazingly, the planet will adapt and go merrily along its way without hardly noticing.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
While I am not an expert on homosexual/heterosexuals, when you look at a stereotypical homosexual, they are outliers on a grand scale, and not in their desire to be with the same sex, but in many other ways. Socially, economically, their family structure, fashion, hobbies, etc. That person, especially before the internet made the world small, was looking for a friend. The friends they found were also outliers, and in many cases the only commonality they had was their rejection from society.

This friendship, combined with not having other ways to express the emotions they have and/or had, drew them to the conclusion they were in "love".

And before I am told how this is untrue, and homophobic, and hate-filled, I came to this conclusion not from a distance, but from a desire to help people I care/cared about, who were in the process of destroying their lives. While attempting to understand the struggles my friends faced, at the core, every single one (albeit not a huge sample size) expressed a desire to be loved, to show affection, and to have affection shown towards them. This did not cause them to declare themselves "gay" or "lesbian," in some situations, they joined a gang, practiced witchcraft, became violent, but sometimes, their way out was to find physical love in a person of the same gender.

In 2017, the castoffs of society have a voice, and an exponentially large voice at that. It is the "cool" thing to be homosexual. One is not born cool, or popular, in the same way one is not born a loser.

Can I say there has never been a person who from the womb wanted to be with a member of the same sex, no, I cannot say that. But what I can say is that all the people I have met, who for one reason or another had "come out" as homosexual, if given any significant time to talk with them, they chose the lifestyle based on emotion, and affection, and typically headed down the easiest road to give/accept that "love."

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 937 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Read what I said leading up to the question.

The point is, trying to ask the questions, the majority of the time, the questions are too narrowly phrased, and the point is made by the replies. Too narrow, because one, the asker's bias, two, the same issues that the legal/court takes in trying to find a jury for some cases, knowing the people, for the very emotional involvement, will not be impartial.

Our society has so muddied the waters with much hostility and emotional garbage, that trying to accept that what we see naturally, is simply nature.

And I did say that the occurrence is continually occurring in nature (and a given that if it occurs in nature, it occurs across species).

The original premise of the thread is "one choosing", what we "are" is decided at week ten in formation. What we might perceive or "identify" is a whole thing different altogether.

And my discussion is not about people who are "deciding" anything. Only that what occurs in nature is real. After that, when humanity applies their "reaction" to it, the train takes a dirt road.

posted Hide Post
What does homosexuality even have to do with this discussion? Most homosexuals still identify themselves as their nature birth gender. Transexuals are a different story. I guess that's what we're talking about here.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

XX or XY?

Not true.

Q

Seems to read better when your "Q" is there. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
What does homosexuality even have to do with this discussion? Most homosexuals still identify themselves as their nature birth gender. Transexuals are a different story. I guess that's what we're talking about here.

It doesn't, not at all.

I suspect someone is butthurt about the subject and keeps wedging it in.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:

It doesn't, not at all.

I suspect someone is butthurt about the subject and keeps wedging it in.

Butthurt about homosexuality? Wink Big Grin

I think it comes up, because homosexuality is bound to, when you're discussing sexuality, gender, biology, and choice vs. genes or environmental factors. Also, how many of us know a trangender, or a homosexual?

The title of the thread alone, and the idea of what choice one may or may not have about who they are, mean homosexuality will come up.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post