SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Some of you could probably benefit from a wedge pillow
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some of you could probably benefit from a wedge pillow Login/Join 
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted
I’m a stomach sleeper but started getting acid reflux as my spouse did. She’s actually got GERD and I was looking at buying one of those adjustable beds for her. I just can’t see forking out several thousand or more dollars on the one I wanted so I bought her a foam wedge pillow on Amazon. It helped her so much I bought me one too.

It took over a week to get used to it but it stopped my acid reflux, reduced my sinus headaches (which are much worse when lying flat) and reduced my snoring. I’d suggest trying it out, mine was only $30 on Amazon and I’ll probably use it from now on.

Posts: 4075 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
We just bought the modern day version of a Craftmatic Adjustable bed, haven't set it up yet, but I hope we didn't needlessly waste a lot of money.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20754 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Which one did you specifically get? Can you post a link? I'm interested. My wife complains about my snoring all the time. Big Grin

Posts: 13044 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Which one did you specifically get? Can you post a link? I'm interested. My wife complains about my snoring all the time. Big Grin

Well, apparently my memory is terrible, it cost $47 not $29. No idea where I got that price but here it is. BTW, that little pillow that comes with it works well even though it’s so small.
InteVision Foam Bed Wedge Pillow (25" x 24" x 12") & Headrest Pillow in ONE Package - 2" Memory Foam Top - Helps Relief for Acid Reflux, Post Surgery, Snoring, and Back Pain https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009..._api_i_hGNhEbDEVTZDT

Posts: 4075 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
An oz of Braggs apple cider vinegar each morning has stopped my acid reflux.

Posts: 4679 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
My wife asked me to buy her this pillow to help with her acid reflux and it helped. It has also helped with my snoring, but I personally don’t find it all that comfortable for more than a few nights.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
If you get one of the memory foam pillows or cushions, be sure there isn't a fire retardant sock under the cover. They usually contain high levels of heavy metals.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
I have GERD and a gaping LES. I used a wedge for a few years and it helped but I would always slide down the wedge in the middle of the night.

I then bought an adjustable frame that the box springs and mattress sat in. It worked but my wife would always slide down the bed.

We ended up buying an electric adjustable bed and I and the wife like it. She has her side barley raised and I have mine just where I need it. I recommend an adjustable bed, but they can be pricey.

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
I thought this was going to be a sexual....thread! LOL!

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My Dad sleeps in a recliner but that's not possible on vacation (even AirBnB's rarely have recliners since they cost more than a regular chair). I talked him into buying a wedge so when they drive down here or to Flor-i-duh he can sleep more upright. He says he sleeps almost as good as his recliner and much better than a flat bed.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had back issues since my teenage years. I started using a wedge in the 1990's and I am convinced it saved me from surgery. It didn't completely cure my back issues but it was 80% better. Use it to prop up your knees or raise your shoulders, you will have to learn to sleep on your back if your are not already so.

Posts: 590 | Location: Glide, Oregon | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve in PA:
I thought this was going to be a sexual....thread! LOL!

Not the same pillow I use to sleep on.

posted Hide Post
When I was recovering from my broken neck I slept on one. I didn't particularly enjoy it but I was also in a neck brace. Maybe I'll give it another try now that I don't need the brace and see if it helps with acid reflex.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
No to derail, but cutting out carbs/sugar has totally eliminated my heartburn. I used to heavily depend on zantac. I remember some miserable nights.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11441 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
No to derail, but cutting out carbs/sugar has totally eliminated my heartburn. I used to heavily depend on zantac. I remember some miserable nights.

I'll second this. I was using tums 4 or five times a week and now I have an unopened bottle sitting on the shelf for several months since I cut back on carbs and sugar.

Posts: 814 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
your link is broke

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54497 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I noticed through your amazon link, competitors sell wedge pillows only 7" high...maybe there are some less? I think I'd prefer to start smaller for overall comport and work my way up if I have to. I too have acid reflux. I know my diet could be a lot better.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38596 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
your link is broke

Sorry, here is the description:

InteVision
4.1 out of 5 stars 5,087 Reviews
InteVision Foam Bed Wedge Pillow (25" x 24" x 12") & Headrest Pillow in ONE Package - 2" Memory Foam Top - Helps Relief for Acid Reflux, Post Surgery, Snoring, and Back Pain

Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
An oz of Braggs apple cider vinegar each morning has stopped my acid reflux.

Thank you Dave, I am going to try that!

Steve in PA, I think that is called the liberator, ahaha!

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post