SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Possible to find good polarized sunglasses for <$75?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible to find good polarized sunglasses for <$75? Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
If you shop it, you can find replacement lenses for $75. I bought a backup set for $75 on amazon but it took a couple months of looking.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I usually use Jomashop for watches, they sometimes have killer deals on sunglasses. I bought a pair of Oakleys on there a while ago for $75 that would have been 150 on Amazon(polarized).

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
How much are your eyes worth? Oakley deals pop up everytime.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ergoproxy:
How much are your eyes worth? Oakley deals pop up everytime.

Exactly. Cheap sunglasses can do real damage to your eyes over time. Their UV blocking isn't up to snuff and you wind up getting way more UV damage to your eyes than if you just didn't wear the glasses at all.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Expertvoice.com . I signed up utilizing my NRA membership. I've purchased Wiley X and Gargoyles through there at less than $100. They have offers based on membership affiliation and quite a few brands are available with NRA affiliation. Oakley is on there as well but not available to me. You may have affiliations that make you eligible.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
H3O polarized or Shady Rays. Shady Rays has a 2 or 3 'no questions asked' replacement 'warranty' I some how scratch a new pair of glasses within the first week of purchase and then wear them for months/years more with no further damage (usually because I put them up on my head and then proceed to walk into something). Shady rays has replaced mine twice (I've gone to replacing once or twice a year).

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1745 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
Cocoons: what Moses wold have worn for forty years.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2270 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Maui Jim’s at Costco every 2-3 years for under $100. Both my wife and I love them.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Get costa Del Mar on eBay. You can usually find them new on eBay for much cheaper. I have a couple pair that I got off eBay.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frog in boiling water
posted Hide Post

Posts: 429 | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
CAUTION with Oakley's. Many styles are not Polarized.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
CAUTION with Oakley's. Many styles are not Polarized.

You're right, models are available in in polar and non-polar version.It will say on the description and box if polarized. It will also be etched on the bottom of the left lens.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post