SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My wife just had a quadruple Bypass
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My wife just had a quadruple Bypass Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What great timing to find the blockage before something happened. Will keep both of you in our prayers and wish for a speedy recovery. Modern medicine is amazing!

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Friday at 10:00 AM
Carol had a rough evening.
After yesterday’s procedure she really started clearing her lungs. This is good, but painful.
The “night crew” gave her a shower which was great, but they kept her up to 11:00 PM.
Today she is going to have another chest X-Ray to see how her lungs are doing.
The Heart Recovery Physical Terrorist came in and started her on exercises with an oversized rubber band.
More to come.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
6:30 PM Update
It's been a pretty good day for Carol. She is getting stronger and steadier on her feet.
She had a Doppler test (sort of like an ultra sound to make sure she doesn't have a blood clot in her leg. We never got results, but the pain she was experiencing has lessened.
There is an OUTSIDE chance that she'll come home tomorrow late, but Sunday is more likely.
She's still not eating well. Just not hungry. I'm trying to get her to eat anything.
I'll keep everyone updated on her status.
Dave

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave! Hope she heals soon.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'm sure she's not having any fun right now but everyone I've known that have had one have felt great in a few months.
You don't notice these problems because they slowly build up but once she gets everything back to normal she should feel better than she has in years.
Ronnie Green is an excellent place if you have heart problems.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear she is recovering well, Dave. Continued prayers for her complete recovery.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Carol update 11:45 AM Saturday!
The Surgeon just released Carol to go home.
They just removed the wires what were attached to her heart. He basically just yanked them out through her chest cavity.
After that she has to lay perfectly still for 2 hours. Then they’ll give her more Lasix and she’ll pee for another 3 hours.
Then they will start the discharge paperwork. The last thing they will do is remove the port in her neck. We should be home late this afternoon/evening.
She will sleep in her own bed tonight!
Big Grin

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Great news!

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
She will sleep in her own bed tonight!

Good to hear, no you take good care of her and bring her whatever she wants.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
OK, Carol is home from the Hospital.
We have a lot of recovery ahead, but at least she can rest in her own bed and chair, in front of the fire.

Dave

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear she’s home and resting. You guys are in my prayers, and I hope she has an easy recovery.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear she is able to come home.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
OK, Carol is home from the Hospital.
We have a lot of recovery ahead, but at least she can rest in her own bed and chair, in front of the fire.

Dave

That's great to here. But, keep a good eye on her the next couple of days in case any complications pop up.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rolan, I've been following this thread and am very glad that it is turning out on the upside. Best wishes to you and Carol.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear she is home.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

Yep.

Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Dave thanks for the update.

Glad to hear Carol is home.

Continued prayers sent for comfort and healing.

Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
One of the best times in a hospital is when you're getting discharged and going back home. I could never really sleep in a hospital, even with the meds, I just wished to be at home. I'm glad to hear that all is well, thank God.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Good to hear she's home.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Rolan, prayers and thoughts coming your way right now!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post