SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My wife just had a quadruple Bypass
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My wife just had a quadruple Bypass Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Wish her well from the bird brothers!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent, Dave. God be with Carol and all your family.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a speedy recovery.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing this diagnosis caught you both by surprise but I'm certain that catching this before any more serious health problems occurred is the better outcome.

I've been on the table myself and am simply amazed at the advanced state of medical care. I'm certain your wife is getting the best care possible.

Hoping and praying for a quick and complete recovery for you guys.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad they caught it in time. Prayers sent.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
You have my prayers for a full and quick recovery.
I appreciate your keeping it quiet. It stands in contrast to people who can’t wait to post their latest bowel movements on social media.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
My prayers to her and you.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Glad they found it, and hope that she heals quickly!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent news! Prayers sent. Also, please take good care of yourself. I’m sure she will have an excellent recovery, but it will take time for her to heal and it will be stressful on you both.

Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent her way.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
I've been keeping this quite, but my wife has been in the Hospital since last Wednesday. She went into a "Doc in a box" after work last Wednesday thinking she had a chest cold because "her chest felt tight". They did an EKG and said, nope, we just called an ambulance to take you to the hospital. They did some more tests, and admitted her. The next day (Thursday) they did a stress test and echocardiogram, identified 99% blockage in two arteries.

She was transferred to "the big hospital" on Thursday night. They spent the weekend trying to find a surgical slot for her. They got her in today. Over 5 hours in surgery. She had a quadruple bypass on the Left Main Artery, Circumflex Artery, and left Anterior Descending artery.
One of the blockages was between 5-6” in length.
There is little or no indication of a heart attack.
All in all the prognosis is good!

Carol will spend the rest of the night and all of tomorrow in the ICU.

Prayers and good thoughts would be appreciated.
Prayers sent

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adding our prayers, grateful for the prompt diagnosis and treatments.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
My wife is a nurse in an open-heart ICU. Feel free to email if you have any questions or just need to vent.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good..Bad.. I'm the
guy with the gun.
Picture of SIGMYSTER
posted Hide Post
Prayers Sent.

Don't count me out till you see the box go in the hole!

Posts: 2123 | Location: N.E. OHIO | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
best wishes for a speedy recovery. Having recently had my chest cracked open I can relate to the experience. No fun for sure. It seems they caught it in time to fix without damage to the vitals.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I will keep you guys in prayers for full recovery, long life, and that your mind is rested.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Prayers to you and Carol for a good recovery.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Glad it was discovered and that you’re wife recovers. Happy for you Mr. K Smile

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
prayers for her, you, and your whole family

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post