SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sigforum guitar players, I have new gear!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum guitar players, I have new gear! Login/Join 
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
When we were young teens, my English cousin told me his parents let him try fags. I was horrified.

Posts: 9436 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your new Helix. I'm a fractal audio guy and prefer their modelers (Axefx ll xl+). However many many videos and soundcloud clips clearly demonstrate that it's a very capable modeler and effects rig while handling cabinet impulse responses (IR)s. It seems that most owners really enjoy the capabilities of a Helix.

Enjoy, look forward to hours and hours of fun! I know I do. Smile

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
April fool !

I had absolutely no forking clue what that thing was , in my original post.

couldn't have guessed it if you had a gun to my head

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
fwbulldog's CUT should be "Wanker no more".

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:

Anyway fwbulldog I had a fender cybertwin(solid state modeling amp) that lacked headroom and always sounded a little compressed.

You ever miss tubes with that rig? A no would mean DSP is coming along nicely...

Yes. But everything is a tradeoff, right? 100 watts of tube and a 4x12 is glorious. Gloriously loud and heavy. Helix is approaching Fractal's quality, at half the cost and 10 times the usability.

I miss the nights spent at The Gardens and Union Station (and 10 other dive bars in Colorado Springs). I had some great shows there.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fwbulldog:

I miss the nights spent at The Gardens and Union Station (and 10 other dive bars in Colorado Springs). I had some great shows there.

I bet, awesome Cool

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Nice! I have a Mustang III v2 and love the versatility these recent modeling amps give. Once you get them setup that is.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post