SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sigforum guitar players, I have new gear!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum guitar players, I have new gear! Login/Join 
Picture of fwbulldog
posted
Line 6 Helix and friends using an L2t powered monitor. Just barely scratching the surface of what it can do.

g

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fwbulldog,

Posts: 3017 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Oohh, I love new gadgets. I saw the Helix demo, pretty cool tech they put in there.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From your post title I can tell you've never lived in the U.K. Smile

Posts: 991 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow , you are set for life ! congratulations.
top of the line is the way to go. enjoy

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I'll be honest here. Never seen a toaster like that. Where's the bread go in at?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tejas421:
From your post title I can tell you've never lived in the U.K. Smile

Have you ever been to a Guitar Center? I guess over there it would be Anderton's, maybe?

Lots of wankers.

Posts: 3017 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Has the meaning of "wanker" changed? Confused

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Has the meaning of "wanker" changed? Confused

No?

Posts: 5138 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Kids these days, with their high-tech wanking...

Back in my day, we didn't need electronic gizmos and doodads. We did it the old-fashioned way. By hand.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
In case of confusion -

Wanker is a term that literally means "one who wanks (masturbates)" but has since become a general insult. It is a pejorative term of English origin common in Britain and other parts of the English-speaking world, including Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. It initially referred to an "onanist" and is synonymous with the word tosser.

To the majority of English-speaking Americans, the word 'fanny' means about the same as 'butt', as in 'fanny-pack'.

Here in UK the word 'fanny' means a lady's personal parts.

Same goes for 'shag' - a kind of dance. In the UK it is a verb, meanly to engage in a very rough f*ck/sexual intercourse. Unless it is being used to refer to a kind of carpet - as in 'shag-pile' meaning shaggy.

'Two nations etc....'

tac

Posts: 11323 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
I recall my favorite saying, heard in the outskirts of London on my first trip there...

We had just checked-in at a small B&B, and as I was picking up our luggage, the nice gentleman said to wife: "Shall I knock you up in the morning?"

I got a good laugh from that one! Big Grin
Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Well, I would declare the thread title misleading. But in this instance that's a good thing.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Confusing thread title. Also, wanking doesn't require gear.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is round rock anywhere near fraggle rock ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

Maybe not in New England it doesn't. Razz

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:

You've obviously never been to Round Rock. Razz

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe when you do it, it doesn't....

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 937 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
If you've ever been to a Guitar Center, the original thread title would make total sense.

Sorry for the confusion. In the world of guitar players, wanker means "not professional, loud, annoying, out of tune, not-great-sounding, amateur".

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
In case of confusion -

Wanker is a term that literally means "one who wanks (masturbates)" but has since become a general insult. It is a pejorative term of English origin common in Britain and other parts of the English-speaking world, including Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. It initially referred to an "onanist" and is synonymous with the word tosser.

To the majority of English-speaking Americans, the word 'fanny' means about the same as 'butt', as in 'fanny-pack'.

Here in UK the word 'fanny' means a lady's personal parts.

Same goes for 'shag' - a kind of dance. In the UK it is a verb, meanly to engage in a very rough f*ck/sexual intercourse. Unless it is being used to refer to a kind of carpet - as in 'shag-pile' meaning shaggy.

'Two nations etc....'

tac

there there is also "Scrubber". in US refers to someone cleaning typically... In UK its a prostitute.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fwbulldog:
If you've ever been to a Guitar Center, the original thread title would make total sense.

Sorry for the confusion. In the world of guitar players, wanker means "not professional, loud, annoying, out of tune, not-great-sounding, amateur".

Wanker has always meant "masturbator" in a derogatory sense, here and I'm sure elsewhere. I'm not sure what else it's ever meant.

It is not a figurative leap for guitar players to call ourselves 'wankers' in a humorous, self deprecating manner.

*sigh*

Anyway fwbulldog I had a fender cybertwin(solid state modeling amp) that lacked headroom and always sounded a little compressed.

You ever miss tubes with that rig? A no would mean DSP is coming along nicely...

Posts: 5138 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post