SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting
Page 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 97

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
There would have been one more gun purchase in that month if my LGS would sell the P365 locally vs online at max price.
Shoot Straight?
If he's buying from Shoot Straight, that's his first problem. Having dealt with them previously, if they were giving guns away, I'd have to think long and hard about whether to walk back into one of their locations.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Yep Shoot Straight, contrary to some folks having problems dealing with them I've always had good service from Shoot Straight. Always get good deals there, better trade in values that at some LGS here, in fact I've found a few of the local stores have the same ol curmudgeon attitude.

Lucky for us we have plenty of gun stores in CFL.

A couple of the guys from there are now up at FGE and that is a very good gun store, but It's a hour drive up.

The P365 is starting to show up in the stores now but I'm in no hurry to pay full retail, Frog Bones over in Melbourne is a good store with a restaurant and range attached, they are a premium sig dealer, $499 for the gun, but it's on BO

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
A couple of the guys from there are now up at FGE and that is a very good gun store, but It's a hour drive up.
It's a nice day for a motorcycle ride, and FGE is just down the street from DB Pickles on Nova Road, where you can get one of the best pastrami sandwiches around, with, of course, a help-yourself pickle bar.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
If he's buying from Shoot Straight, that's his first problem. Having dealt with them previously, if they were giving guns away, I'd have to think long and hard about whether to walk back into one of their locations.
I have found their stores (and staff people) to be very variable. About 2% of the time the experience might be tolerable. The other 98% of the time it is absolutely abominable.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I have found their stores (and staff people) to be very variable. About 2% of the time the experience might be tolerable. The other 98% of the time it is absolutely abominable.
After I personally witnessed one of their managers at the Casselberry store offer a 'newb' $150 for his virtually brand new in the box Glock 17 with three mags as trade on a grossly overpriced H&K USP 9mm, I was done with them. Oh, and I got banned from the Casselberry store later by Kalid (the owner of Shoot Straight) for telling that same newb I'd buy his gun for substantially more than "those thieves" were willing to offer him. We worked out a deal in the Target parking lot adjacent to Shoot Straight, and that gun now rides under the driver's seat in my truck.

I will never buy anything from them again, and I will do my best to steer others away from their shops. Even with the drive, FGE is my go to shop.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
SUCK IT! Laura Ingraham THANKS Lefties (especially David Hogg) for boycotting her show, guess WHY?

One day the Left will figure out that boycotting the Right backfires.
A lot.
In fact, almost every time.

When Delta caved and cut off benefits for NRA members they were in danger of losing a huge tax credit.

When Dick’s decided to not only ban the sale of assault rifles but to destroy them as well, their earnings tanked.

And then when David Hogg came out and tried to destroy Laura Ingraham for making fun of his inability to get into college ...

Poor David.

Laura Ingraham ✔
@IngrahamAngle

THANK YOU: Boomerang! Since Left's Boycott Began, Ingraham Viewership Up 20%

A funny thing has happened since the Left began its campaign to drive Fox News host Laura Ingraham off the air: Her ratings are up, a lot — by more than 20 percent compared to her last week on the

https://www.newsbusters.org/bl...graham-viewership-20

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I try to catch her show more often now since all that nonsense.

And if I can't watch it and will be away from my tv, I set the auto tune anyway to tune in to her show so it looks like I'm watching whether I really am or not.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

A lot.

I don't think the Left will learn. It is an emotional movement. Learning is a thinking activity.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:

A lot.

I don't think the Left will learn. It is an emotional movement. Learning is a thinking activity.
^^^This. The left is like the idiot who sticks his tongue to a frozen pole, knowing what the outcome will be. They just can't help themselves.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

That would appear to be the case.

I actually posted to Hogg's Twitter feed, in the first of his boycott threads, that he'd probably only increase her viewership, and, thus, her marketability. <crickets>

Sure enough... <smh>

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

A lot.

Never watched her show, if I tune in and am not a Nilson household, does it somehow get counted? Can I DVR it and would that be tabulated?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Since Left's Boycott Began, Ingraham Viewership Up 20%

And she should do the SAME THING Rush did when those advertisers that dumped him tried to come crawling back - he told them nicely they could go intercourse themselves. It hurt Carbonite badly and I don't think they ever really recovered.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Hogg who? Anybody notice that the shelf life of this moron is apparently just about over. The Left will surely attempt to milk a bit more out of him and his attention whore peers in South Florida, but as Syria takes over the news cycle, the adoration these 'children' were receiving is all but over. And Laura Ingram's ratings are up by 20%. Yeah, they really changed the world alright. Roll Eyes

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The attention span of the Lame Street Media #CorruptLeft is about 2.1 nanoseconds...they're worse than Peter Griffen. Oh look...shiny red ball!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
When the Laura I. show first came on Fox, I was not overly impressed and wasn't a regular viewer. Then sometime later, she had some guests that I wanted to watch, so I tuned into her show. This lady has BALLS and will go up against the best the left has to offer. I was duly impressed and am now a "regular". She won't put up will the left BS when they try it on her show. If you haven't watched it.....give it a try!! It is refreshing to say the least.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Well, HoggHitler just fired up the boycott bus again...this time it's financial firms: BlackRock & Vanguard.

https://twitter.com/davidhogg1...s/986335537568116737

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
This lady has BALLS and will go up against the best the left has to offer.

Yep, that's why she folded like a lawn chair and apologized Roll Eyes

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hide Post
Well, HoggHitler just fired up the boycott bus again...this time it's financial firms: BlackRock & Vanguard.

Heh, heh, heh. There's a big difference between picking on a talk show host and picking on firms that are in the buisness of making people money when those people don't really want to put in the time to watch the market themselves. It'll work if the company executives panic. Otherwise, I don't think it will work for squat.

The really funny part is that I saw one story online about him "teasing" this next boycott. One. As in, I don't think there were really all that many people on pins and needles to find out what his next proposed boycott oughtta be.

And maybe the point that people don't listen to him is getting through to him. No resounding rhetoric, no f-bombs, no big "look at me" stuff. Fourteen minutes and fifty-four seconds off the clock, yes?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:

Invesco missed the cut?
Razz

David Hogg, a 17-year-old high school senior and survivor of the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School is now an outspoken (anti) gun law activist. He took to Twitter on Tuesday to encourage a boycott of BlackRock (BLK) and The Vanguard Group.

BlackRock, Invesco (IVZ) and Vanguard are the top three institutional holders of American Outdoor Brands (AOBC), the parent company of Smith & Wesson Corp., one of the world’s largest gun manufacturers. BlackRock and Vanguard are also the largest holders of gunmaker Sturm Ruger (RGR).

Many of these funds are passively managed, which means companies like American Outdoor Brands and Sturm Ruger are in the portfolios because they are part of major stock market indexes.

Earlier this month, BlackRock, the world’s largest asset manager, announced that it would offer two new exchange-traded funds and new index-tracking products for pensions and 401(k) plans that exclude stocks of gunmakers and large gun retailers. This was in response to the mounting pressure from customer pressure for Wall Street to take a stand on the gun debate.

The new funds will not invest in American Outdoor Brands, Sturm Ruger, Walmart (WMT), Dick’s Sporting Goods (DKS), Kroger (KR), and Vista Outdoor (VSTO), a BlackRock spokesperson told CNBC.

Vanguard offers the FTSE Social Index Fund, which screens companies based on social and environmental criteria, excluding gun manufacturers.

But, Hogg is not satisfied with these auxiliary options and is encouraging his 764,000 followers to boycott holding groups like Vanguard and BlackRock.

In a statement to Yahoo Finance, a Vanguard spokesperson said the firm “shares many individuals’ concerns about public safety and firearm access and hopes that policymakers take appropriate action to protect Americans from gun violence. Schools, churches and public spaces should always be safe places for all individuals.”

“Vanguard is taking action, meeting with the leaders of gun manufacturers and distributors. We want to know how they will mitigate the risks that their products pose and how they plan to help prevent such tragedies from happening again. We believe that boards and managements of gun manufacturers should disclose and reduce the risks associated with gun violence and the ongoing national debate on gun safety and control. We believe that when a business poses a risk to society, it can also pose a risk to investors. We are expressing this viewpoint directly with company leaders because we believe greater focus and transparency on these issues will ultimately benefit society and investors alike,” she added.

Hogg started a similar campaign last month when Fox News host Laura Ingraham mocked his college rejection letters. Ingraham lost 27 advertisers and took a weeklong hiatus after Hogg’s tweet and the subsequent movement spearheaded by progressive group Media Matters for America. However, “The Ingraham Angle” saw its highest ratings ever after the boycott.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news...guard-210902961.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hogg calls for boycott of Vanguard and Blackrock investment companies. Link Wow this genius is turning into a money guru too. Amazing kid Confused

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post