SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 97

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting Login/Join 
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

This is where I am on this now.

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but I have not been listening to these children behave as if they suddenly possessed great wisdom. I take it this is one of the little shits I saw in that tour bus-looking photo taken in some commercial airliner. They're what- some kind of little delegation of Sarah Bradys? They all looked so happy in that photo, and certainly not like people who'd experienced tragedy recently. Hmmm.

Do I understand correctly that this child is saying he won't go back to school unless we meet his demands? Do I have that right? I hope not.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107246 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
You have it right. This Brady Mini-me is threatening to remain absent from school until gun control is passed and every Lefty media venue has him on to wag his finger at those of us who actually think about policy before we create it. I wonder, will he hold his breath until the FBI does its job or the Sheriff deputies do theirs? Will he stamp he feet until the sheriff of Broward county resigns?

No. He won't. He won't because this little turd is auditioning for a place in Lefty journalism and hoping to circumvent J school altogether. He's a conniving twit who is likely not anything he presents himself to be. He would rather sacrifice my liberty for his gain.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29604 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
You have it right. This Brady Mini-me is threatening to remain absent from school until gun control is passed and every Lefty media venue has him on to wag his finger at those of us who actually think about policy before we create it. I wonder, will he hold his breath until the FBI does its job or the Sheriff deputies do theirs? Will he stamp he feet until the sheriff of Broward county resigns?

No. He won't. He won't because this little turd is auditioning for a place in Lefty journalism and hoping to circumvent J school altogether. He's a conniving twit who is likely not anything he presents himself to be. He would rather sacrifice my liberty for his gain.

As I said before, he hopes to be the John Kerry of his generation.

There are others grooming to be prominent in this area going forward, sprucing up wardrobes, cable show availability, maybe even hire an agent/PR person to guide them.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
He would rather sacrifice my liberty for his gain.

When I heard this twit speak the very first thought in my mind was tyrant-in-training. If you ever wondered what histories' dictators looked like at 17 years old, look no further.

Picture of stormwalker
posted Hide Post
From the bill that passed the Florida Senate Today.

quote:
 A person younger than 21 years of age may not purchase
679 a firearm. The sale or transfer of a firearm to a person younger
680 than 21 years of age may not be made or facilitated by a
681 licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer. A
682 person who violates this subsection commits a felony of the
683 third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083,
684 or s. 775.084. The prohibitions of this subsection do not apply
685 to the purchase of a rifle or shotgun by a law enforcement
686 officer or correctional officer, as those terms are defined in
687 s. 943.10(1), (2), (3), (6), (7), (8), or (9), or a
688 servicemember as defined in s. 250.01.

quote:
790.222 Bump-fire stocks prohibited.—A person may not
737 import into this state or transfer, distribute, sell, keep for
738 sale, offer for sale, possess, or give to another person a bump
739 fire stock. A person who violates this section commits a felony
740 of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s.
741 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, the term “bump
742 fire stock” means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a
743 device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic
744 automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of
745 fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such
746 semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory,
747 or a device.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Sessi...026/BillText/e2/HTML

Posts: 544 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 24, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
In just the five years between 2010 and 2015, the number of U.S. teens who felt useless and joyless – classic symptoms of depression – surged 33 percent in large national surveys. Teen suicide attempts increased 23 percent. Even more troubling, the number of 13- to 18-year-olds who committed suicide jumped 31 percent.

http://www.iflscience.com/heal...-likely-culprit/all/

The article is on the large side but hey let us blame the guns instead and ignore the societal changes that are likely the factor.

Posts: 547 | Location: Field of Dreams | Registered: September 07, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by woods62:
In just the five years between 2010 and 2015, the number of U.S. teens who felt useless and joyless – classic symptoms of depression – surged 33 percent in large national surveys. Teen suicide attempts increased 23 percent. Even more troubling, the number of 13- to 18-year-olds who committed suicide jumped 31 percent.

http://www.iflscience.com/heal...-likely-culprit/all/

The article is on the large side but hey let us blame the guns instead and ignore the societal changes that are likely the factor.

Most teens are worthless, and intermittently joyless at least some of the time. The trick is to not let them have the leisure to worry about it.

Only recently have we had studies and polls for such things. In prior generations, your family did what they could, caring and sharing. There were always situations that didn't work out but the struggle for survival was sufficiently attention getting to take our minds off our other troubles. Snowflakes didn’t prosper.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
As used in this section, the term “bump
742 fire stock” means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a
743 device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic
744 automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of
745 fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such
746 semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory,
747 or a device.

What does this mean?

If someone can shoot faster using a Geissele trigger than another person can with a bump stock, then the bump stock would be legal right?

Can you install a bump-fire stock if it does not alter the rate of fire? (what if you just suck at bump-firing, can you have a bumpstock then?)

What is the definition of "mimic?" Does it mean exactly the same cyclic rate as an automatic weapon so 800 rpm? Does the RPM figure change depending on the model and configuration of the compare-to rife? If not, then what is the max limit rounds-per-minute that one can fire and not break the law?

Is a semi-automatic trigger group with a short-reset a "device?"

If a device "alters" the rate of fire, what is the benchmark from which the "device" alters? The factory configuration of the rifle? If so, what is the "Factory configuration" of rifles which are assembled at home from receivers?

What if a rifle comes with a very nice trigger, is that trigger then a "Device" or is it the baseline from which the rate of fire cannot now be altered by way of increase?

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
So if one were to use their belt loop to assist with mimicking automatic weapon fire rate, would the Police depant them and charge them with a felony for illegal use of pants?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'd be worried about that Florida law concerning bump stocks for all the reasons LDD cited. It's not clearly defined exactly what they're banning. I mean, can anyone charged under this law just use Jerry Miculek as a defense? He's proof that "a person" with just his finger can fire at a rate that is at least equal to a bump stock.

"A tool, an accessory, or a device." As someone else noted, does a belt loop in this case constitute as an accessory?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30293 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
EXCLUSIVE: Meet the Conservative Parkland Massacre Survivor the Media Has Largely Ignored

Link

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
...sigh...

And here is the Captain who gave the order to "stage" vs. "rush".

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018...-douglas-is-idd.html

The Broward County Sheriff’s Office has identified to Fox News the captain who, according to sources, directed responding deputies and units to “stage” or form a “perimeter” outside Stoneman Douglas High School, instead of rushing immediately into the building, as the mass shooting unfolded there.

Multiple law enforcement and official sources said the commands in the initial moments after Nikolas Cruz allegedly opened fire would go against all training which instructs first responders to “go, go, go” until the shooter is neutralized. As law enforcement arrived, the shooter’s identity and exact location were still unknown.

Multiple sources told Fox News that Captain Jan Jordan was the commanding officer on scene. In an email responding to Fox News’ request for information, a BSO spokesperson wrote, “Capt. Jordan’s radio call sign is 17S1.”

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12303 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well the news media is gonna be in a tough spot trying to critcize umm her.

Posts: 107246 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well the news media is gonna be in a tough spot trying to critcize umm her.

you know she did no wrong,

it was the AR's the AR's are at fault

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Move along, nothing to see here. Let's get back to the guns.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3503 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

Capt. Jan Jordan, who commands the Parkland district, listed Israel, a former Fort Lauderdale Police captain and SWAT commander, as the one who referred her, according to her Dec. 21, 2012, job application

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/lo...-20180302-story.html

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story...ashington-topstories

Modern Family' cast backs Parkland students, takes dig at NRA in new video

Sean Rossman, USA TODAY Published 12:16 p.m. ET March 7, 2018

The cast of Modern Family on Wednesday praised the activism of high school students in Parkland, Florida, and threw their support behind efforts for "common sense gun laws."

In a new, one-minute video, the cast members, placed in different parts of the Modern Family set, shed their onstage personas and struck an earnest tone. Each appears individually on screen, praising the students for pushing for change, requesting people register to vote and urging folks to join the March For Our Lives on March 24.

"Your bravery and resolve in response to this senseless tragedy inspires us and gives us hope," Julie Bowen begins.

The sentence is then finished by Ed O'Neill and Sofia Vergara: "That someday our lawmakers will stop putting the interests of the NRA ahead of what's best for our children."

A gunman killed 17 people at Parkland's Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School last month. The massacre reignited the debate over gun violence and spurred many Parkland high schoolers to crusade for gun control.

Vergara, O'Neill, Ty Burrell and show co-creator Steve Levitan are members of the Everytown Creative Council, part of the anti-gun violence group Everytown for Gun Safety. Also appearing in the video are Sarah Hyland, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Eric Stonestreet, Ariel Winter and Nolan Gould.

"We stand with you," Burrell said, referring to the March For Our Lives, a Washington demonstration calling for laws to address gun violence scheduled for March 24. Roughly 500 similar marches also will occur in cities across America that same day.

"On behalf of families everywhere, never again," the video ends, featuring the #NeverAgain hashtag.

Everytown and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America praised the video.

"We are grateful to have the cast of Modern Family join and support the students demanding change during this historic moment in the gun violence prevention movement," Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, in a statement.

Levitan explained why the cast chose to do the ad.

"Our show celebrates families, while gun violence devastates them," he said in a statement. "How could we sit back and do nothing while these brave kids stand up to the gun lobby since our lawmakers won't?"

The cast members aren't the only Hollywood entertainers to jump into the gun debate. At Sunday's Academy Awards, actors and actresses wore an orange American flag pin to bring awareness to gun violence.

Follow Sean Rossman on Twitter: @SeanRossman

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm disappointed in you, Al Bundy.

And on another note...Modern Family is still on the air? How 'bout that? Who knew?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30293 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I'm disappointed in you, Al Bundy.

And on another note...Modern Family is still on the air? How 'bout that? Who knew?
Right!
I quit watching that show a long time ago after I figured out it was more about social engineering than comedy. What can I say, it took me half a season to figure that out, I'm slow... Frown

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6191 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post