SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 97

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Senator wants to prevent anyone from under 21 being able to purchase "gas assisted receiver firearms." Did not comment on the shoulder thing that goes up.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP41pQQ8SvI

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Feinstein again

https://twitter.com/SenFeinste...s/969293104808251392

we could probably live w a 99 round limit

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Uh...has she been watching too many James Bond movies? Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Feinstein again

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
^^^
She probably doesen't realize just how many of those she sold just by posting a picture of it.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
Napolitano: What 'the right to bear arms' really means

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion...p-and-bear-arms.html

The key points from the article:

"With the Heller case, the court went on to characterize this pre-political right as an individual and personal one. It also recognized that the people who wrote the Second Amendment had just fought a war against a king and his army -- a war that they surely would have lost had they not kept and carried arms that were equal to or better than what the British army had.

They didn’t write the Second Amendment to protect the right to shoot deer; they wrote it to protect the right to self-defense -- whether against bad guys, crazy people or a tyrannical government bent on destroying personal liberty.

In Heller, the court also articulated that the right to use guns means the right to use guns that are at the same level of sophistication as the guns your potential adversary might have, whether that adversary be a bad guy, a crazy person or a soldier of a tyrannical government."

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
REI enters a debate they have nothing to do with. Stupid decision IMHO.

https://gearjunkie.com/rei-vis...tdoor-gun-debate-nra

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
REI enters a debate they have nothing to do with. Stupid decision IMHO.

https://gearjunkie.com/rei-vis...tdoor-gun-debate-nra

Except they are 'placing a hold' on future orders from Vista Outdoors. So they are waist deep in it.

"Vista Outdoor owns many popular outdoors brands like CamelBak, Giro, and Bell. But it also manufacturers guns and ammunition like those used in the Parkland, Florida, school shooting last month.

It owns firearms manufacturer Savage Arms and ammunition maker Federal Premium. It also contributes to the NRA. Consumers launched a petition for REI to stop carrying Vista Outdoor products that has thus far netted more than 15,000 signatures.

This week, we have been in active discussions with Vista Outdoor, which has recently acquired several companies that are longtime partners of REI. These include Giro, Bell, Camelbak, Camp Chef and Blackburn. Vista also owns Savage Arms, which manufactures guns including “modern sporting rifles.”

This morning we learned that Vista does not plan to make a public statement that outlines a clear plan of action. As a result, we have decided to place a hold on future orders of products that Vista sells through REI while we assess how Vista proceeds.

Companies are showing they can contribute if they are willing to lead. We encourage Vista to do just that."

Fail.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Wow. REI is going the full retard route. They even decided to in a sense blackmail another private company to bow to their misguided principles or else. Unreal.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Senator wants to prevent anyone from under 21 being able to purchase "gas assisted receiver firearms."

Well, there go fart-bump stocks.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I have an REI member card and spend a lot of money there. Many of these stores I can’t hurt because I don’t shop there anyways, but this is one I can kick in the nuts.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Feinstein again

Why do these people keep talking about “need?”

Do we ask why anyone needs religious freedom? Why does the press need freedom? Who really needs to talk news for 24/7/365? No one needs this much news! Let’s restrict the times they can talk and what they can talk about about. No one NEEDS this in their life.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I have an REI member card and spend a lot of money there. Many of these stores I can’t hurt because I don’t shop there anyways, but this is one I can kick in the nuts.
Just terminated my membership, they can go fuck themselves.

It takes about 5 minutes to terminate your account via chat, I did it in the time it took to post that first post and this one.

Fuck.

Them.

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I have shopped at REI for over 30 years since I was a kid. Back one they were small. I recommended them to members here a few times a year. That will not be happening anymore. Just sent them a letter.

Disappointed in REI's announcement to cancel their relationship with Vista. I have been shopping at REI for 30 years. I have bought thousands in gear, I have an REI credit card, have been to a few of REI's Garage sales. The first one I attended I was able to just show up at the start time and walk in. This was back when REI was not as popular as it is today.

I have used Camelback products since the first M.U.L.E. which I purchased at REI. Guess I will now have to go elsewhere for their products. While I am at a competitor I will just bring all my business there. I would guess my last backpacking trip will over 50% of the gear and clothing I had with me was purchased at REI. No more. I will shop somewhere else.

REI had no reason to enter a debate they had nothing to do with. Your an outdoor equipment company. A few of your suppliers are owned by a larger company that also owns a firearms manufacturing company. Your choice here has cost you my business. Besides that, I recommend REI to friends, coworkers, and others I meet that need quality equipment many times a year. Never again. I've used your "#opoutside" and other hashtags in social media posts. Never again. Maybe I will now use "#boycottREI"

Sincerely one long time but now former customer.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

posted Hide Post
quote:
comet24

Nice work sir, well done.

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
comet24

Nice work sir, well done.

Thanks

REI has a state sticker for ever state. I have picked up several in the last few years. Most are on my gun safe. Maybe I should send them a picture.

4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
Saw an Awesome meme today..
If you want to buy an AR come to Cabela... We sell them because we are not Dicks.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:...It takes about 5 minutes to terminate your account via chat, I did it in the time it took to post that first post and this one....

I will do the same once I get my "dividend" in a couple of weeks.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
quote:

It takes about 5 minutes to terminate your account via chat, I did it in the time it took to post that first post and this one.

Thanks for the tip. I just cancelled my membership at REI via their support chat. Too many options are available for me to spend any more money with these losers.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1351 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
As expected, MEC took the extremist position and REI dutifully followed suit . If you're unaware, MEC is a similarly set-up outdoor specialty chain retailer in Canada. Because of their alarmist and unsubstantiated positions regarding BPA-chemical testing, they pretty much cratered Sigg and Nalgene water bottles. REI listening to it's extremist left-wing board members and coop membership, followed as well, What's the Canadians doing? we can't let them be more virtuous than us!

Taking aim at Vista, which owns CamelBak (dominant market leader in hydration), Bell & Giro (market leaders in protective helmets)..they would be hard pressed to replace those sales.

Perhaps they need to take a hard look and boycott Patagonia since they supply the US military's SOF units.

or,

How much of their products they sell, are produced in countries where workers are oppressed, poorly treated and in violation of various environmental policies that which they hold so sacrosanct.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Am I the only person that pretty much assumed those granola ass REI dudes were already anti-gun?

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post