SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 97

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I have no problem with the age to buy a firearm being 21. I have no problem with the voting aged being raised back to 21.

The vote should have never been given to 18 year olds and don't tell me about how if they're old enough to fight for their country, they're old enough to vote. It's a weak argument. A mere fraction of a fraction of a percent of 18 year olds will ever see combat. Most 18 year olds are civilians, and they are not mature enough to have a voice in who gets elected.
This is especially true these days, with the sickening coddling and insulation of these children, who now live at home until they're 30.
You can see what the typical empty-headed 18 year old does with their vote.
This is a $ 64,000.00 post right here. Put the structure back where it belongs in raising children. Was having a short conversation last evening with a Texas Member about this. I shared with him how a life long couple, who are my friends, raised 2 kids to become excellent members of society. Both finishing Collage now. Dad bought his son a new Glock 30 to have in his apartment in Rochester, NY while schooling and shacking up with a young lady. I've never in my life seen 2 kids more attended to by the parents, 24 hours per day. Those kids always new they were kids and not fully developed adults. Rick and Colleen never let their guard down when raising them.

The military argument does not work....unless they are keeping M4s in their rooms. Both my older sons have ARs....at my house, when I decide they are responsible enough they can have them....and they are both quite responsible....for teenagers

Anyone who uses the military arguement has never been in the barracks on a Friday after coming in from the field.....hedonism at its best.

"Remember clp is NOT a sexual lubricant"....yup, that an actual line in a STD prevention class

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I think that anyone in the military should be able to vote. And own guns and buy alcohol.

I’m fine with raising the age for voting to 21 for everyone else. Also I’m fine raising the age to own guns to 21 but only if they raise the voting age with it. As is usual the left is talking out of both sides of its mouth, praising the kids from Parkland and suggesting that they are mature enough to vote at 16 while at the same time saying nobody should be able to own a gun until 21.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I am SO disappointed that REI got involved in this. I’ve spent literally thousands of dollars there...now I just don’t know.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Or just raise the minimum age for enlistment to 21 while you are at it. Yeah, I know what the barracks look like on the weekend, but if they can't make good judgement with booze or guns at 18, they surely have no business enlisting in the military.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I don't really understand why the age should be raised for anyone. It's not like the majority of our mass shooters are from that demographic.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Also I’m fine raising the age to own guns to 21 but only if they raise the voting age with it.

I'm not fine with it. Not in the least. So you're fine with a 20 year old adult woman (or man) who is living on her own trying to make it not being able to defend herself with a firearm? And anyway, what do you mean raising the age to own? I thought all this talk was about being able to purchase. The discussion is about changing the law raising the minimum age to purchase, right?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Or just raise the minimum age for enlistment to 21 while you are at it. Yeah, I know what the barracks look like on the weekend, but if they can't make good judgement with booze or guns at 18, they surely have no business enlisting in the military.

I’d agree with that too.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I am SO disappointed that REI got involved in this. I’ve spent literally thousands of dollars there...now I just don’t know.
Fuck REI and their high horse. You can get the stuff other places.

posted Hide Post
More facts useless when discussing emotional issues. Gun Buybacks accomplish 1 thing- Placate the publics fears.
quote:
Media Reports Australians 'Handed In' 57,000 Guns Last Year; 37,000 of Them Essentially Handed Right Back
Australia's lauded 1996 gun buyback also likely had no real effect on its gun death rates.

"They concluded, "Although gun buybacks appear to be a logical and sensible policy that helps to placate the public's fears, the evidence so far suggests that in the Australian context, the high expenditure incurred to fund the 1996 gun buyback has not translated into any tangible reductions in terms of firearm deaths."
https://reason.com/blog/2018/0...lians-handed-in-5700

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am too but screw them. They went out of their way to find a connection and make a statement. It's clear where they stand.

I've been a member for over 20 years. My last overnight hike I would over 50% of my gear I carried came from REI. I've sent them a message about how I feel.

There are many other outdoor retailers I will now do business with. FWIW I will now have no problem going into their stores to see equipment in person and then buy it elsewhere. In the past I wouldn't do that.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
The grieving students of Parkland have fought bravely through their tears to do a fundraising email for the DNC.

Young Miss Imam has already forfeited her voting freedoms and gets duped into raising funds for commie dirt bags who hate freedom. Another fine example of modern day studants who really aren't schooling for the benefit of education. You'll do fine when you step out into the real world someday twit.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:

I am too but screw them. They went out of their way to find a connection and make a statement. It's clear where they stand.

I've been a member for over 20 years. My last overnight hike I would over 50% of my gear I carried came from REI. I've sent them a message about how I feel.

There are many other outdoor retailers I will now do business with. FWIW I will now have no problem going into their stores to see equipment in person and then buy it elsewhere. In the past I wouldn't do that.

I hope people are cancelling their memberships and telling others to do the same. It only took a few minutes. They need to get the message they really screwed up.

There are cheaper places to buy stuff.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Fuck REI and their high horse. You can get the stuff other places.

True statement. REI is not the only place to get good gear. Fuck'em.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...inue=1&v=1XHNJyti1gE

SNIP:
Before the late nineteen eighties, mass shootings and acts of senseless violence were relatively unheard of. Prozac, the most well known SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) antidepressant, was not yet on the market. When Prozac did arrive, it was marketed as a panacea for depression which resulted in huge profits for its manufacturer Eli Lilly. Of course other drug companies had to create their own cash cow and followed suit by marketing their own SSRI antidepressants.

Subsequently, mass shootings and other violent incidents started to be reported. More often than not, the common denominator was that the shooters were on an antidepressant, or withdrawing from one. This is not about an isolated incident or two but numerous shootings. The question is, during the past twenty years is the use of antidepressants here a coincidence or a causation?

There have been too many mass shootings for it just to be a coincidence. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed twelve students and a teacher at Columbine High School. Eric was on Luvox, an antidepressant. The Virginia Tech shooter killed thirty-two people and he was on an antidepressant. While withdrawing from Prozac, Kip Kinkel murdered his mother and stepmother. He then shot twenty-two classmates and killed two. Jason Hoffman wounded five at his high school while he was on Effexor, also an antidepressant. James Holmes opened fire in a Colorado movie theater this past summer and killed twelve people and wounded fifty-eight. He was under the care of a psychiatrist but no information has been released as to what drug he must have been on.

Psychiatrists generally will tell you that these people were mentally ill and they weren’t treated in time or didn’t get enough help to prevent the tragedy. However, Dr. Peter Breggin, who is a psychiatrist, stated that depression rarely leads to violence and that it’s only since the SSRI’s came on the market that such mass shootings have taken place.

In a study of thirty-one drugs that are disproportionately linked to reports of violence toward others, five of the top ten are antidepressants. These are Prozac, Paxil, Luvox, Effexor and Pristiq. Two other drugs that are for treating ADHD are also in the top ten which means these are being given to children who could then become violent. One could conclude from this study alone that antidepressants cause both suicidal thoughts and violent behavior. This is a prescription for mass shootings.

No one can talk their way out of explaining how a person who is previously non-violent and given antidepressants suddenly becomes violent or suicidal. There are multiple cases of children who have committed suicide days after starting to take an antidepressant. In a YouTube video, various parents tell their story about what the antidepressants did to their kids.

http://www.cchrflorida.org/ant...-for-mass-shootings/

List of killings or attempts or suicides comprised in 2012:

http://www.hangthebankers.com/...-on-antidepressants/

Even Micheal Moore admits that psychiatric drugs induce violence:

https://psychiatricfraud.org/2...ugs-induce-violence/

Every mass shooting over last 20 years has one thing in common... and it's not guns

SNIP:
The following is a republishing of an important article written by Dan Roberts from AmmoLand.com. It reveals the real truth about mass shootings that bureaucrats and lawmakers are choosing to sweep under the rug: psychiatric drugs. If you want to know the real reason why mass shootings are taking place, this is the "inconvenient truth" the media won't cover.

As part of a collective grassroots effort to defend the Bill of Rights against usurpers and tyrants, Natural News is republishing this article without asking for permission first. When it comes to fighting tyrants and defending liberty, the unstated agreement across the entire liberty-loving grassroots community is, "Use our articles; help spread the word!" Every article I write here on Natural News, for example, may be reprinted with credit and a link back to the original source article on NaturalNews.com.

Another listing of violence induced by drugs:

https://www.naturalnews.com/03...ntidepressants.html#

So why is the NRA not pointing out this problem??

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
CNN Senior Law Enforcement Analyst Tom Fuentes explains that women can't carry concealed weapons

https://youtu.be/g_7vhwvUwrs

"Where are you going to hide that gun ?"

Just sayin.
I'm pretty sure that at least one of our esteemed female forum members uses a thigh holster.

https://youtu.be/c_GJlFEXOcw (Sorry, I don't know how to imbed a YouTube video here)

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:

https://youtu.be/c_GJlFEXOcw (Sorry, I don't know how to imbed a YouTube video here)

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
41, thanks for posting the article on drugs and mass shootings. Wonder why this was not revealed before? Has the big farma stopped publishing this so it don't hurt profits?

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I just let the dicks at Dicks know that I’m done doing business with them and we’ve bought quite a lot of shoes, clothes and sporting goods from them. Their statement is one of the most stupid I’ve seen yet. So you raise the age and you won’t sell ARs, ok whatever but then you openly advocate banning ARs? The same ones that you had no problems with selling the day before? Are the clueless fudds going to be enough to keep the field and stream stores in business? And then I canceled my membership with REI, another place I’ve spent a lot of money at. The eco hippies better start spending more to cover the losses.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3522 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
The age debate is every bit as stupid as the rest of this gun control debate. Again, the Parkland shooting was a 100% failure of government to handle its most basic job...to protect the citizenry. Multiple government agencies tripped on their male sexual organ multiple times in letting this happen. End of story. No law abiding gun owner anywhere in the country should be impacted by this shooting regardless their age.

I have two terrific nephews, one 17 and one 20, who are avid shooters and own guns today. I'm always proud to take the shooting/hunting. Why should they pay a price because government is so damn incompetent it can't do the job we pay them to do. I'm so over this "we must do something" bullshit. Fix government first, and then maybe we can talk about 'something' else.[/rant off]

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I think that anyone in the military should be able to vote. And own guns and buy alcohol.

I’m fine with raising the age for voting to 21 for everyone else. Also I’m fine raising the age to own guns to 21 but only if they raise the voting age with it. As is usual the left is talking out of both sides of its mouth, praising the kids from Parkland and suggesting that they are mature enough to vote at 16 while at the same time saying nobody should be able to own a gun until 21.

So just how would you deal with the issue of hunting? Raise that age to 21 as well?

Many states allow big game hunting at age 14, or did when I was that age, and certainly most of them allow hunting at 16, or even 18.

Picture some LEO arresting an 18 yo for having a hunting weapon.

How about CCP for less than 21?

Old enough to go to war, but not old enough to actually hunt legally.

Pure unadulterated horse shit!

If society truly wants to eliminate/reduce so-called gun crime simply return to the culture we had 25-30 years ago.

I was hunting in Idaho for more than 2 years when I went in the army at age 17. Every boy in my high school hunted big game as well as small game.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post