SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 97

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I just got a lecture from the clerk at Rural King as I was buying ammo. She told me that all guns needed to be banned, especially the AK15s. She had all the answers straight from CNN. My daughter was with me and I told her that was a real live low information voter.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just got a lecture from the clerk at Rural King as I was buying ammo.

Totally unprofessional and uncalled for. Did you report it to the manager? If somebody is uncomfortable with things the very store they work in sells, they should find other employment.

Posts: 27928 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
If you can bear several minutes of Chris Wallace's whiney, sissy voice, this father who lost his daughter calls Wallace out for making this horrible event all about gun control-- for the sake of ratings. My heart goes out to this man.

http://www.breitbart.com/video...ol-security-ratings/

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Interview with student who directly witnessed the cowardly deputy stand and do nothing, while wearing a vest and with his pistol drawn, as others ran past him to go try to help students.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZY4vdI-nVk

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Making sure officers do their job is not his responsibility.

The Buck Stops. . . *cough*... uh,... Over There Somewhere. . . Roll Eyes

Hey, douchebag - it WAS YOUR DEPUTY. That makes him YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

At the VERY LEAST, it was his responsibility to vet and approve his deputies to ensure they were up to the task. This coward obviously was not. Egro, HIS responsibility.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:

At the VERY LEAST, it was his responsibility to vet and approve his deputies to ensure they were up to the task. This coward obviously was not. Egro, HIS responsibility.

So, apparently, the cowardice does start at the top.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Like hell it's not your responsibility, Sheriff. You his BOSS.

When an officer under my supervision screwed up I was called in by higher ups to answer some questions about his training and get him/her on the right track.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I really do wonder how much longer before the (self) esteemed Sheriff joins his deputy in the unemployment line?

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
I really do wonder how much longer before the (self) esteemed Sheriff joins his deputy in the unemployment line?

Can't happen fast enough.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you gave him the training and he failed to perform, it's your fault Sheriff

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:

So, apparently, the cowardice does start at the top.

He is leading from behind....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just got a lecture from the clerk at Rural King as I was buying ammo. She told me that all guns needed to be banned, especially the AK15s.

That's an interesting opinion from somebody that works for a company that sells those things. Perhaps she should find a new line of work if those evil things upset her so much.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Growing calls to get rid of the sheriff.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018...school-shooting.html

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:

I am sure Isreal can wrangle himself a TA position in Comey’s Ethical Leadership course that will be offered at William & Mary fall 2018. Mad

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
A little sample from the Twitter-verse:

By the way, don't know if anyone knew this but according to his wiki:

Jake Tapper also worked briefly for Handgun Control, Inc. (now the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence) in 1997.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sheriff Coward of Coward County.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
WATCH: Father Of Student Killed In Parkland Slams Media For ‘Polarizing’ America Over ‘Gun Control’ Rather Than Talking About ‘School Safety’

Andrew Pollack, whose daughter was killed in the recent Parkland shooting, appeared on “Fox News Sunday,” and railed against the media for making the incident about gun control rather than “school safety.”

Here’s the exchange between host Chris Wallace and Pollack:

WALLACE: I want to say right at the start how sorry all of us are for your loss, and what you’ve had to go through. Andrew, when you were at the White House at that very raw, emotional moment, you said, “Look, after 9/11, we fixed the situation; we made it a lot harder for people to get onto planes with guns.” When you hear what Governor Scott just said; when you hear what President Trump is saying; will that fix the problem?

POLLACK: It's not gonna be fixed because I just heard what you said, what you're focusing on. Polarizing this event – the murder of these kids. You're talking about gun control. I just had to listen to you and Governor Scott talk about gun control.

Gun control is a big issue. No one in America is gonna come together on gun control, Chris. We're here – you didn't say one thing about fixing it. The American people, we could get together on school safety, but when you polarize it, this event – and every other media – we don't care about gun control right now. That's a big issue in the country and you're not going to get everyone together on it. But we're gonna get everyone together on fixing our schools.

And I just listened to you...you didn't mention one question to Governor Scott about what are we gonna do about the security for our children – how are we gonna do that?

But you're just talking about gun control, which is gonna just give you more ratings...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24069 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
I just got a lecture from the clerk at Rural King as I was buying ammo. She told me that all guns needed to be banned, especially the AK15s.

That's an interesting opinion from somebody that works for a company that sells those things. Perhaps she should find a new line of work if those evil things upset her so much.
No "perhaps" to it--she should be gone yesterday. And a message given from the manager to all the other employees that such comments will not be tolerated.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The chickens-shit sheriff could have had a chance to save his position if he would have admitted the failure of procedure and stated he would look far and wide through his department and all under his authority and responsibility to identify and form a plan to set things straight.

But he was so busy driving the bus back and forth over everyone he is trowing underneath while looking at himself in the mirror, that he missed the stop where he should have gotten off.

He is done as sheriff, I would bank on it.

And I hope the County Commissioners and County Attorney will look hard at this, and hope the FL AG does as well.

Governor Scott is being called on to remove Israel from office (power of the Governor under FL law) for"neglect of duty and incompetence"

I don't know what all can be done, but I hope the anger rises and people begin to realize that the peaceable and responsible gun owners have nothing to do with these things.

He needs to face his failures, and "forced to" is fine with me.

Before the the shortest month is finished.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I don't know what all can be done

Problem is, I don't know what can be done. In Kentucky (I say that because KY Statues and FL are really similar), once a sheriff is elected, there is little or nothing that can be done. Sheriff's get indicted and go to jail at a higher rate than most other law enforcement, state and federal combined. A sheriff can be a no good son of a bitch. But, until he gets CONVICTED, there is little to be done.

The Sheriff can be held accountable the next election cycle. Until then, he is an elected official with little or no repercussions.

www.opspectraining.com