SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting
Page 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 97

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
And here’s Matthew McConaughey giving his take and attempting to take the middle road, only he’s afraid the March for Our Lives movement “might” be hijacked by those who want complete abolition of firearm ownership. Horse-barn door.....

https://www.guidelive.com/cele...956630515.1501450450

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
If you watch just the first 15 minutes or so of this video, Jordan Peterson offers the most insightful-- profound-- explanation of school shootings that I have heard anywhere. Every word rings true. And it shows up the utter stupidity of "it's the guns."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...e=2964&v=23dArPpXgCM

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:
And here’s Matthew McConaughey giving his take and attempting to take the middle road, only he’s afraid the March for Our Lives movement “might” be hijacked by those who want complete abolition of firearm ownership. Horse-barn door.....

Doesn't sound middle of the road to me. Not when he's for banning "assault rifles" and high capacity mags.

I admit he's not as extreme as the typical hollywood hypocrite.

Also, enough with the "I grew up hunting" narrative. Roll Eyes

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BGULL:

When James Wood chimes in, wake me, otherwise, I need the nap.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43803 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018...-sheriff-israel.html

A union of deputies in Florida on Thursday announced it has "no confidence" in Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel.

The Broward Sheriff's Office Deputies Association said a symbolic vote among its members, initiated last week, indicated 534 of 628 officers in the union voted they had no confidence in the sheriff.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018...-sheriff-israel.html

A union of deputies in Florida on Thursday announced it has "no confidence" in Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel.

The Broward Sheriff's Office Deputies Association said a symbolic vote among its members, initiated last week, indicated 534 of 628 officers in the union voted they had no confidence in the sheriff.

Broward Sheriff's Office was criticized for their response to the active shooter at Fort Lauderdale Airport last year using the exact same tactics they used this year at Parkland School. Apparently Sheriff Scott Obama Israel didn't learn anything from the first incident. Two incidents where officers failed to respond according to current national training and doctrine is a failure of the Sheriff and his command staff.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I hope and pray that the vote of no confidence on this asshole is the beginning of the end of his "career"...I'm sure then he can write a book on how wonderful he thinks he is.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:

What’s disturbing, though, is that 94 deputies, or ~15% of those who responded evidently believe he’s doing a good job.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47364 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

What’s disturbing, though, is that 94 deputies, or ~15% of those who responded evidently believe he’s doing a good job.

Depending on how you read it, it doesn't say that.

What it says is that 534 officers voted "no confidence", not that all 628 members voted. Having been a member of a SODA, I think it is just as likely that the other 94 didn't vote

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14174 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
I think it is just as likely that the other 94 didn't vote

Good point. Although that’s not necessarily true, if it is, why even that (unless the vote was not secret)?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47364 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Good point. Although that’s not necessarily true, if it is, why even that (unless the vote was not secret)?

Vacations, illness, out of town assignments, etc. or the possibility that there were some yes men.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37079 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Me and ol' Mat:

Matthew McConaughey says he supports some gun control but fears the youth-led movement could be "hijacked" by those hoping to eliminate all guns in the United States.

Wishy sez:: ya think? Oh, and some gun control is gun control. Ya wanna drink 'some' diesal oil, Matty?

Mat called gun violence "an epidemic in our country."

Wishy sez: If we had only as many homeless people as we have had shot in non-gang, non-suicide incidents we'd quit calling homelessness an epidemic wouldn't we? So..."

Matt sez: I grew up hunting.

Wishy sez: Ya got me there, buddy. But I grew up playing cowboy and going to the movies so sit for a bit while tell you how to live your life.

Mat sez: March for Our Lives was for rightful, just, responsible gun ownership --

Wishy sez: No it wasn't, I read the signs, I listened to the first couple of weeks of rants; that isn't what they want. Do you actually listen to what you are saying Mat or is this just another script?

Mat continues: ...but against assault rifles, against unlimited magazines and for following up on the regulations."

Wishy sez: So do you wanna keep sippin 'some' deisal oil Mat?

Mat sez: "The two sides (have) got to talk."

Wishy explains at length: No

Mat sez: Because we both agree that there's an epidemic.

Wishy sez: Just for fun Mat, let's pretend you can pay attention. Remember this number 131, OK? Now remember this one: 572. Got em? 'Why'? you say.
Because 131 is the number of Americans killed in mass shootings in American schools in the last ten years. The number includes not just the students but teachers, staff, visitors. Those are FBI stats, Mat. Yeah I know but they're all we've got. Terrible right, nobody would say otherwise.
Now, remember the other number? 572? Good, because that's the number of children (average) killed in car accidents every single year over that ten year period. That's just children, no adults, no staff, no visitors, just children. does this suggest to you that your holyweird buddies might be a little, shall we say 'selective' on what they want to grab by the nuts so they can control it? No I didn't think you would.

Mat sez: We both agree something has got to change. ...where can we reach across the aisle here? Find a compromise for the betterment of all of us?"

Wishy sez: Wheh, that one is easy, you had me goin' there for a bit. You want to find compromise, I'll go with you, to any law library in the country so we can start cataloging the more than 20,000 compromises that are on the books already. We can call 'em compromises, but I'm real short on what gun owners got in the fair deal a compromise implies. Tens of thousands of them, which do precisely piss-all except to inspire the GDCs to cry for more and more 'compromise' in their benighted search for more control. (benighted defined: in a state of pitiful or contemptible intellectual or moral ignorance, typically owing to a lack of opportunity-fits doesn't it Mat?).

Biographic material: McConaughey plays ...

Wishey sez; Roll Eyes

Posts: 6351 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Pretty good Wishy.

Posts: 22854 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^

Wow. Nice one.

God bless America.

Posts: 13419 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
^^^

Wow. Nice one.

Ain't that the truth!...Point on (sadly)

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
quote:

Vacations, illness, out of town assignments, etc. or the possibility that there were some yes men.

Was thinking more than a few heard their diversity hire chief of police demand a perimeter be established instead of seeking the perp and entering the building?

Posts: 9109 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
This is worth a look just to read the comments!!
Everyone is getting tired of this little shit.

"Gun-control activist David Hogg now wants to stop elected politicians from speaking to the National Rifle Association. In a tweet Sunday, Mr. Hogg noted that he had signed a MoveOn.org petition to “Demand Mike Pence cancel his speech to the NRA convention on May 4.”

+++LINK+++

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fla. Jim:
This is worth a look just to read the comments!!
Everyone is getting tired of this little shit.

"Gun-control activist David Hogg now wants to stop elected politicians from speaking to the National Rifle Association. In a tweet Sunday, Mr. Hogg noted that he had signed a MoveOn.org petition to “Demand Mike Pence cancel his speech to the NRA convention on May 4.”

+++LINK+++

Hogg-Hitler is really going to go apoplectic when he learns that President Trump now plans to make an appearance too! Big Grin

Posts: 33594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Oh Hogg, only a matter of time before you're forgotten. Before you know it, they'll be hauling you off to the puzzle factory after you snap from not being the center of attention anymore, and start tugging your piglet on a San Francisco street corner.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Report This Post