SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting
Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 97

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Nutrish is Rachel Ray's shitty dog food. Never bought it, never would, so easy to avoid for me.

So I guess we need to publish a list of Rachel Ray's advertisers for boycotting now.

Posts: 8598 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Why is it so hard for companies to think through these things?

I don't know...
They aren't hurting gun owners, or the NRA... they are ONLY hurting themselves by cutting off half of their customers. Dumb!

Yes and if they had those feelings in the first place, why would they advertise on a conservative site to begin with?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38595 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Parkland survivor David Hogg has called for Fox News’s Laura Ingraham to denounce her network’s coverage of the gun-control movement after she mocked him personally on social media.

Ingraham tweeted out an article making fun of the high-school senior and gun-control activist for getting rejected by four colleges.

Hogg then called for a boycott of Laura Ingraham’s advertisers, tweeting out a list of companies currently advertising on her show.

After three companies pulled their ads, Ingraham backed down and apologized, saying, “any student should be proud of a 4.2 GPA.”

Any student should be proud of a 4.2 GPA —incl. @DavidHogg111. On reflection, in the spirit of Holy Week, I apologize for any upset or hurt my tweet caused him or any of the brave victims of Parkland. For the record, I believe my show was the first to feature David...(1/2)

Hogg, for his part, wasn’t appeased by Ingraham’s apology.

I 100% agree an apology in an effort just to save your advertisers is not enough. I will only accept your apology only if you denounce the way your network has treated my friends and I in this fight. It’s time to love thy neighbor, not mudsling at children.

Hogg, a student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, where 17 people were shot and killed on Valentine’s Day, has been an outspoken gun-control advocate since the shooting. He has appeared frequently on television and was one of the most highly anticipated speakers at last weekend’s March for Our Lives.

At least 6 companied have pulled their ads from Ingraham’s show.

Expedia, Joseph A. Banks, Nestle, home goods company Wayfair, TripAdvisor, and Rachel Ray’s pet-food brand Nutrish will no longer do business with the Fox News show.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
For being only 17 'ol Adolph Hogg seems pretty comfortable with someone else's hand up his ass working his cock holster. Kid's a natural puppet.

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
<snip> Kid's a natural puppet.

Ain't that so.

He can't get into college of choice?
He's likely getting offers right now ...

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
At least 6 companied have pulled their ads from Ingraham’s show.

Expedia, Joseph A. Banks, Nestle, home goods company Wayfair, TripAdvisor, and Rachel Ray’s pet-food brand Nutrish will no longer do business with the Fox News show.

Don't watch Laura Ingrham, or Fox News at all, but, still: Of those, I only use Nestle products and TripAdvisor. TripAdvisor is now out and I will seek to replace any Nestle products with other brands.

I don't like fascism.

ETA: Cancelled my TripAdvisor account. Now to identify all Nestle products.

ETA2: List of Nestlé brands

Only brands we use that I was able to identify: Taster's Choice (wife likes it--I won't drink any more), Tidy Cats cat litter (was already on the chopping block for inferior quality) and Fancy Feast cat food. Nothing I can do about that last. If you know cats you'll know why.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ensigmatic,

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26004 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
In fairness I don't really see the point of discussing his rejection from colleges. Not publicly at least. I joke about it with my friends but when dealing with people outside of that circle I don't like to use any sort of personal attack. I understand that it is a possible indicator of his character or of a bleak future that he is trying to avoid with this new found fame but I still think that bringing it up is a worthless distraction.

I try to focus on attacking the message. Yeah, I hate his little punk ass and yeah I am going to buy a hogg lower and yeah I wish he would go away but if we discredit the message then that discredits the man. It doesn't really work the other way around.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I 100% agree an apology in an effort just to save your advertisers is not enough. I will only accept your apology only if you denounce the way your network has treated my friends and I in this fight. It’s time to love thy neighbor, not mudsling at children.

And as young Hogg goes sailing over the top, we can see the rapid approach of the end of his fifteen minutes of fame coming into view.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
In fairness I don't really see the point of discussing his rejection from colleges. Not publicly at least. I joke about it with my friends but when dealing with people outside of that circle I don't like to use any sort of personal attack. I understand that it is a possible indicator of his character or of a bleak future that he is trying to avoid with this new found fame but I still think that bringing it up is a worthless distraction.

I try to focus on attacking the message. Yeah, I hate his little punk ass and yeah I am going to buy a hogg lower and yeah I wish he would go away but if we discredit the message then that discredits the man. It doesn't really work the other way around.

I do when he is being paraded around as some kind of intellectual authority by the left. Screw him. He needs to be humbled.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:

I do love my neighbor. Until they call me a murderer and accuse me of loving my guns more than my kids.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

I do when he is being paraded around as some kind of intellectual authority by the left. Screw him. He needs to be humbled.

Don't get me wrong I get what you are saying. I really don't like the kid and I wish nothing but bad luck on him and those that are helping him. And I think it is fine. He brought that shit on himself.

I just don't think that a public figure like Laura Ingraham should resort publicly to personal attacks. Maybe if she found out some real dirt like he is a rapist or something, but this accomplished nothing except win him some more allies.

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
So David Hogg is upset about his first amendment right being stripped because of a clear back pack but, it doesnt bother him that he is trying to limit Laura Ingrams first amendment rights? What a fucking facscist.

Posts: 7720 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
UC-Berkeley Magazine Blames Gun Violence On "White Men"
Roll Eyes
via Campus Reform,

An official University of California, Berkeley publication is offering “insights” to help readers “make sense of gun violence,” primarily by blaming it on conservative “white men.”

“For many white men, guns are a source of meaning and purpose,” Jeremy Adam Smith asserts, noting that “the American citizen most likely to own a gun is a white male—but not just any white guy.”

Smith is the editor of Greater Good Magazine, a publication produced by UC-Berkeley’s Greater Good Science Center to explore “the science of a meaningful life” and “turn scientific research into stories, tips, and tools for a happier life and a more compassionate society."

Smith asserts that “the kind of man who stockpiles weapons or applies for a concealed-carry license meets a very specific profile,” referencing a study by two Baylor University sociologists that claims white men are “emotionally and morally attached to their guns.”

“We found that white men who have experienced economic setbacks or worry about their economic futures are the group of owners most attached to their guns,” the article quotes one the study’s authors.

“Those with high attachment felt that having a gun made them a better and more respected member of their communities.”

According to Smith, the researchers determined that the same observation “wasn’t true for most women and people of color,” who “didn’t turn to guns to make themselves feel better” when they encountered setbacks. Religious faith, meanwhile, appeared to lessen white men’s attachment to guns.

Smith says the researchers speculated that “economically insecure, less-religious white men” see gun ownership as “a way to regain their masculinity.”

The article does acknowledge other possible explanations, citing another study finding that many white male gun owners are also motivated by a desire to “be the good guys” and protect their families.

Smith’s fifth insight into gun violence, however, references the same study as evidence that “rising gun sales are linked to racial fears,” explaining that the author of the study discovered that many concealed-carry applicants in Texas mentioned Barack Obama as a motivating factor, specifically his support for “free health care” and “welfare.”

“Obama’s presidency, they feared, would empower minorities to threaten their property and families,” Smith concludes based on those policy-related concerns.

“For many conservatives, the gun feels like a force for order in a chaotic world,” he adds, linking to a study revealing that “conservatives felt less risk and greater personal control than their liberal counterparts” when asked to hold a firearm.

“I don't think very many conservatives would dispute the idea that firearms can be intensely meaningful,” Smith told Campus Reform. “They are symbols of liberty, independence, self-reliance, power—that's the kind of meaning the researchers found, and you can see that meaning conveyed on almost every page of the NRA's website (the slogan on their homepage: ‘It's not just about guns; it's about freedom’). I don't think it's too much more complicated than that.”

Smith also dismissed the notion that recent rises in firearms purchases may have more to do with concerns about escalating gun control rhetoric than “racial fears,” telling Campus Reform that such a belief would be “at least partially contradicted by the empirical research” covered in his article.

“No one study can ever be considered definitive,” he added, “but when you see the same results turning up again and again, through multiple methodologies, that means something.”

To this poor misled Cal student author, we have two words for you - Baltimore... and Chicago.

And for Chicago in 2016...Doesn't look like "White Men" are committing all the gun violence?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news...n-violence-white-men

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23935 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Soooo, more likely to own guns(legally), but vastly less likely to actually shoot someone with it? Got it. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6191 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

At least he admits that he and and his ignorant little friends are indeed just children.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30292 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I get the sense This little Hogg is poised at one side of a shark ready to jump to the other side.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29604 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are the people running these companies really that retarded? I've bought a semi-truck full of clothing from Joseph A Bank over the years (was putting a shirt order together the other night), and this move on their part has me questioning if I'll ever buy another thing from them. Wonder how much product Hogg and his cast of morons have bought from Joseph A Bank in the past. This move is just beyond stupid. Mad

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
I joke about it with my friends but when dealing with people outside of that circle I don't like to use any sort of personal attack.
Nope, I simply play by the rules laid out by the opposition (in this case Hogg). Since he repeatedly claims I have blood on my hands and am personally responsible for the deaths of children because I am an NRA member, then the gloves come off and everything is on the table. He's a mindless POS attention whore who deserves every bit of negativity that flows his way.

If all else fails, maybe he can get accepted to the University of Phoenix. Razz

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of ToddGator
posted Hide Post
"Because of timing. At 6 pm after the shooting, I took my camera, got on my bike. I rode in basically twilight. And I ride my bike three miles down winding sidewalks and find my way to the school, as I’ve done in previous years. All the while, I was making sure my camera bag didn’t rip open, because if you zip it a certain way, the camera falls out, and it would be destroyed."

This little douche nozzle makes riding his bike to school sound like storming the beaches of Normandy. He is unsure of his competence to zip up his back pack correctly or navigate a sidewalk when its getting dark outside, but because he hid in a closest in a separate building he knows how to fix the worlds problems Fuck him and his Malcolm in the Middle haircut.

Posts: 1011 | Location: Shreveport, LA | Registered: February 18, 2009Report This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Presumably from Hogg:
I will only accept your apology only if you denounce the way your network has treated my friends and I in this fight. It’s time to love thy neighbor, not mudsling at children.

1. It's "my friends and me," not "my friends and I" in this case. Hey, kid, if you'd actually been in school, you might have learned this. Oh, and, um, how does such crap grammar come from one with a 4.2 GPA?

2. On the one hand you portray yourself as an adult, poised to take over the world. On the other, you're one of a pack of "children" [see quote above]. Which is it, kid?

3. Can we offer you a nice, big mug of "Shut the heck up" now?

- - - -

Edit: Balzé beat me to it.

God bless America.

Posts: 13419 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post