SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting
Page 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 97

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I really thought this was a joke but it's not Eek I want to say this is really stupid but it's better than nothing, I guess Roll Eyes

quote:
Superintendent Says Students Are Armed with Rocks In Case of a School Shooting

SCHUYLKILL COUNTY, Pa. -- There’s a rocky controversy when it comes to school safety in Schuylkill County.

The superintendent of the Blue Mountain School District is in the spotlight after telling lawmakers in Harrisburg his students protect themselves against potential school shooters with rocks.

“Every classroom has been equipped with a five-gallon bucket of river stone. If an armed intruder attempts to gain entrance into any of our classrooms, they will face a classroom full students armed with rocks and they will be stoned,” said Dr. David Helsel.

That was Dr. Helsel testifying to the House Education Committee last week in Harrisburg.

The superintendent of the Blue Mountain School District was explaining his unconventional form of protecting the students in their schools in the event of an active shooter situation: give them rocks.

“At one time I just had the idea of river stone, they`re the right size for hands, you can throw them very hard and they will create or cause pain, which can distract,” said Helsel.

Helsel says teachers, staff and students were given active shooter training through a program known as ALICE which stands for Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate and they routinely hold evacuation drills for active shooter simulations.

But if a teacher decides to lockdown a classroom, there are rocks in a five-gallon bucket kept in every classroom closet that students could throw if shooters get inside.

Still, Helsel says the rocks are seen as a last resort.

“We have devices installed in our doors that help to secure them, to make it very difficult to break through,” said Helsel. “We also have, we train kids and talk about barricading the doors.”

A teenager who is a senior a Blue Mountain High School and says he and other students like that plan.

“It matters because it will help protect the schools, anything helps, rocks are better than books and pencils.”

Parents do as well.

“At this point, we have to get creative, we have to protect our kids first and foremost, throwing rocks, it's an option,” said Dori Bornstein.

But not everyone thinks this is a practical line of defense.

“I think that's rather comical,” said one college student in Schuylkill Haven.

“It's absurd, arm the teachers,” said a parent in Schuylkill Haven.

Helsel says the district has no plans to arm teachers, however, Blue Mountain does have a maintenance employee who is trained and certified to work as school security and is armed.

And the district plans to have more support staff get the same training to act a security.

http://wnep.com/2018/03/22/sup...f-a-school-shooting/

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I wish I knew how to post pictures here. Spike's Tactical has the perfect AR lower to build in honor of that smug little prick.

Here's a link:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...cal-snowflake-lower/

https://www.joeboboutfitters.c...-Re-p/sp-stls030.htm

Posts: 1809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23374 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:
This child has fallen into a deep, deep trap.

He's capable of damaging himself and US -- his parents need to stop him.

But my guess is his father lacks the back-bone.

“Ideologies are substitutes for true knowledge, and ideologues are always dangerous when they come to power, because a simple-minded I-know-it-all approach is no match for the complexity of existence.” -- Jordan Peterson

His father is clearly worthless.

I have one of the foulest mouths I know but I talk the way I do in appropriate settings. If I’d made a video like he did and used the language he did in it my father would have beat the shit out of me.

The actions of little Hogg show that his parents are pieces of shit.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
Second, non causa pro causa. As long as you continue to blame the wrong cause, you will never solve the problem.
We both know the left has no interest or intention of solving this 'problem'. They're going to milk this for all the campaigning and fund raising they can get out of it. And Hogg the attention whore will be yesterday's news very soon.

Count me in on a Hogg lower. That is an absolutely terrific idea.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If you pick a Hoggwash vid at random, every comment is hilariously derisive. Not one single comment I can see that is supportive. another glorious FAIL for the left.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15549 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Fogive me, I don't get out much. Who is this guy, my best SWAG is Eichman?

Joseph Goebbels, Minister of Propaganda of Nazi Germany.

Thanks, i love this place.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
What are they going to do after they have their big march and the world gets back to business as usual on Monday?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
I really thought this was a joke but it's not Eek I want to say this is really stupid but it's better than nothing, I guess Roll Eyes

SCHUYLKILL COUNTY, Pa. -- There’s a rocky controversy when it comes to school safety in Schuylkill County.

The superintendent of the Blue Mountain School District is in the spotlight after telling lawmakers in Harrisburg his students protect themselves against potential school shooters with rocks.

“...and they will be stoned,” said Dr. David Helsel.

“At this point, we have to get creative, we have to protect our kids first and foremost, throwing rocks, it's an option,”

Someone is seriously stoned alright. This is who is educating our children!

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
quote:

“At this point, we have to get creative, we have to protect our kids first and foremost, throwing rocks, it's an option,”

So we can’t give teachers pistols because an attacker might have a rifle, and you know the bullet speed is faster with a rifle and all. But a rock? Yeah, that’s the ticket!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Yeah, rocks are just the ticket. Bring rocks to a gun fight. Sounds like something Pelosi would come up with.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Patriots loan plane to Parkland students for D.C. trip
Mike Florio,ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports

On Saturday, kids and adults from throughout the country will stage a March For Our Lives in Washington, an effort to advocate for reforms to the nation’s gun laws. The students who sparked the moment via a tragedy that claimed 17 lives at their high school and their response to it made the trip from Florida to D.C. on a plane owned by the Patriots.

Via FOX 25 in Boston, the Patriots provided the transportation to the students of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, using one of the two planes the team purchased last year. The Patriots bought the planes at a time when multiple airlines were putting the squeeze on NFL teams. The move gave the Patriots flexibility to use the planes however they see fit in any given offseason, and the Patriots have decided to support the inherently patriotic effort of citizens to make their voices heard.

Regardless of anyone’s political beliefs or the outcome of these discussions and debates, our system works only when the people are willing to engage in it. With the help of the Patriots, the kids from Parkland can.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/p...dents-182110992.html

Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
^^^^^Hey PAtriots...Can me and my friends get a ride to the Pro-Life March? No? What about the next Tea Party Rally? I just wanna be politically engaged? The Kochs are hosting a confab in Telluride soon...can I hitch a ride?

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
There is a 757 not getting much use these days, probably down in Florida right now, anyway.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Hogg demonstrating how suddenly values student's supposed constitutional rights to privacy over the safety of THE CHILDRENS. HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT DEAD CHILDRENS!

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TJObNzyc8M

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
quote:

News flash! Fire one round of 5.56 and watch all of these children drop their rocks and run for cover. This is security theater as its worst.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Fuck that self centered whiny little son of a bitch (I'm almost 65 and I am old enough to use that word)...he is on a "I'm the smartest and most important person in the world...listen to me...I KNOW better than you...I'm an expert on all things" Ego trip...tomorrow he will stand at his own personal "Reichstag" and preach to the masses...fuck him...

Just to keep who he is as well as his "mission" in all of this in the forefront...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
That little Eddie Munster looking motherfucker thinks he's important. How cute.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
That little Eddie Munster looking motherfucker thinks he's important. How cute.
Well he is important, to himself. Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
He's a poster child for the leftist future for America...the cuckold male.