SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 97

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Come to think about it, with all these school shootings and everything, I haven’t heard anything about all the shootings at University of Texas at Austin, now that concealed carry on campus has been in effect. Any other campus of any other university or college in Texas, either.

Why would the media keep these bloody massacres quiet, secret?

Dead students pay no student loans.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
A little sample from the Twitter-verse:

The FBI can't be bothered with Nikolas Cruz, they have Russian collusion to investigate!

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, quick question unless I missed it, the POS SRO who did not go into the shooting scene, people have been giving the excuse for him not going into the school because the shooter had an AR-15,how did the SRO even know the shooter had a AR if he was outside and the shots were inside. All he heard was shots, could have been a Glock.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
Hey, quick question unless I missed it, the POS SRO who did not go into the shooting scene, people have been giving the excuse for him not going into the school because the shooter had an AR-15,how did the SRO even know the shooter had a AR if he was outside and the shots were inside. All he heard was shots, could have been a Glock.

I don't mean to give this coward too much credit, but surely he could tell the difference between a rifle report and a pistol's.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

In hindsight they have tried to reverse engineer the reason - "oh, the shooting was over when Coral Springs arrived", "The shooter had the SRO outgunned", etc.

In real time, they had no idea. Granted, astute individuals may be able to tell the rounds being fired, but I highly doubt the SRO did.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:

He may have seen him enter the building for all we know.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many other shitty cops he blessed off on hiring. I imagine possibly quite a few in that county.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I don't give a rats ass why the coward did not run to the battle. Not one fucking bit.

1. Get a label maker.
2. Make up any label you want.
3. Apply, said label.
4. I don't give a fuck.

Sometimes you can make a case for "not enough information."

I don't see that from my myopic, stick up may ass, narrow minded, pissed beyond words, POV.

Now, I am a "LEO supporting sonofabitch", and will defend most actions in almost any encounter.

But damn. anyone who does not realize those kids in a goddammned gun free kill box had no fucking chance, and you wait outside for any reason at all....?

Cannot do it. Cannot find anything that computes.

No policy. (established by man)
No protocol. (established by man)

nothing, can override the hard wired drive to protect the offspring.

None.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I don't mean to give this coward too much credit, but surely he could tell the difference between a rifle report and a pistol's.

Umm …, not necessarily.

One of the things that’s come out in reports of active shootings in buildings is that many people don’t immediately recognize that the sounds they hear are gunshots at all, much less what kind. How many people, including police officers, have ever heard a gun fired inside a building? Very few. If someone is outside the building, he may not hear the shots at all (something else I know from personal experience).

That’s part of the reason I include firing blanks during some of my exercises and training orientations, to help people recognize gunfire and not have to wait for the fleeing victims to report what’s going on in a different part of a large building. For responding law enforcement officers it also demonstrates how difficult it is to determine the location of gunfire by sound.

There are a number of ways the SRO could have learned what gun the shooter was using—including after the fact when he had to justify his actions, or lack thereof.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Fair enough.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

But damn. anyone who does not realize those kids in a goddammned gun free kill box had no fucking chance, and you wait outside for any reason at all....?

Cannot do it. Cannot find anything that computes.

Here's the thing, slick. I don't care if I have a broken bottle in one hand, and a can opener in the other. When shots start going down range, it's time to go in, no matter who says no. Give me a Glock and body armor, and there is definitely no reason I can't win.

I don't want to hear from these excuse laden people how this guy was "Outgunned". The kids inside were "outgunned". He was in a position to achieve victory. He squandered it and went from hero to zero in about 5 minutes. Now it is time for those cowardly fucks, and those whom support them to pay the price.

I think when this is all said and done that Israel's fingerprints will be all over this. I bet that it was BSO's policy not to go in without a bunch of officers. We may never know, though. It took almost 4 years for it to come out that the Newtown response was delayed because they had to wait for the Chief to arrive, him to put on body armor and get a gun before they could make entry. Five years later, seems that not much has changed in some places.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
video at link shows the geometry

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2018...eputy-scot-peterson/

Cruz entered the bldg. from the east side, shot into 4 classrooms, took the stairs to the second floor on the W side of the bldg.

Shot someone on the 2nd floor. (might have been 3rd floor)

Left his rifle on the 3rd floor E stairwell.

Peterson was somewhere at the West end of the building.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Umm …, not necessarily.

One of the things that’s come out in reports of active shootings in buildings is that many people don’t immediately recognize that the sounds they hear are gunshots at all, much less what kind. How many people, including police officers, have ever heard a gun fired inside a building? Very few. If someone is outside the building, he may not hear the shots at all (something else I know from personal experience).

That’s part of the reason I include firing blanks during some of my exercises and training orientations, to help people recognize gunfire and not have to wait for the fleeing victims to report what’s going on in a different part of a large building. For responding law enforcement officers it also demonstrates how difficult it is to determine the location of gunfire by sound.

There are a number of ways the SRO could have learned what gun the shooter was using—including after the fact when he had to justify his actions, or lack thereof.

I believe the original reporting stated that the SRO called in a description of the suspect.

This would indicate he saw him enter the building or somehow otherwise knew who it was.

Here it is.
The sheriff’s deputy who failed to engage the shooter at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School “believed he did a good job” because he called in the location of the massacre and gave a description of the shooter, a top union official said Thursday.

So according to the top union officials statement the deputy must have seen the shooter before the shooter entered the building.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
If that's true, that he watched the shooter enter, he is a wretched coward.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

So according to the top union officials statement the deputy must have seen the shooter before the shooter entered the building.

Yeah, that was my take a couple days ago.

I don't care if the perp had a mini-gun and the cop had a rusty butter knife. It was his DUTY to engage. He left those kids at the mercy of the gunman. There is no excuse for this.

It reminds me of the Braveheart speech:

Fight and you may die. Run and you will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, *snip*

The one chance to go back and be a man and, live or die, do his best to engage the shooter.

Of course, he had his chance, and he squandered it.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Dereliction of duty. To be remembered as one of the worst cowards in modern history

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with pretty much 99% of the comments here. Ive been playing this "Cops & Robbers" game for going on 23 years now in Chicago. Played the game mostly on the South and West side too, not so nice places.
Ive played it with all types, Feds, State, County, other city cops, and with Chicago cops.

What it's boils down to is this-
Some people just shouldn't be the Police. Period.

Why? Well, various reasons. Bad judgment, drinking problems, drugs, stealing, cowards and a whole bunch more.
Ive ran across all of the above mentioned. Had to work with a few too... but not for long, most don't last till the end of the shift. However, some find a way to stay on the job. The cowards tend to gravitate to inside jobs, cushie spots... like Schools. (Well, not here, Chicago Public has some pretty rough spots)

My money is that this guy is a straight up pussy.

Me, personally, I couldn't do the whole "well, policy states that..." thing when people are getting hurt. Want to shitcan me for running in, please be my guest, I don't want to work for a place that has policies like that.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know who he was on the phone with...
Was he told not to engage?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Outgunned? At least he was armed and it would've been a shoot out. What happened in there was a slaughter.

And I'm sure there are many in here who have disregarded policy in order to get the job done when that policy made no damn sense.

Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

When it happen I read a report that a female staff saw him and called it in. I can't find that but there is repeated mention that Cruz was seen and a alert given.

"Reports say a school staffer recognizes Cruz and warns a co-worker by radio."
"The employee alerted a colleague that the former student was "walking purposefully" toward a school building."
"The report says Cruz was seen arriving at the school in a gold car by an unidentified employee who recognized him as a "former troubled student." An Uber driver later told police she dropped him off there, the document says."

Then this came up:
"The only person trained and armed to fight back against an assailant at Stoneman Douglas is its one school resource officer, a Broward Sheriff’s deputy funded by the city of Parkland. But Maxwell said she doesn’t think he was on campus when the shooting happened.

“I have been told by a couple of sources that the SRO was either called off campus responding to something happening or it could have been his day off,” she said. “They are stretched very thin.”

Wonder if they looked at the video feed to find the SRO? Maybe he wasn't on campus?

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post