SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 97

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Predictable Insanity Surrounding the Florida Shooting Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by BigNC:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Ummm wow. There was a time I had wanted to see her as a Presidential candidate. Disappointing.

Ditto, damnit.
She needs to re-read Miller. A little-mentioned element of that decision was that the law was constitutional because a short-barreled shotgun was not a weapon recognized as suitable for Militia use. Two things about that: (1) Short-barreled shotguns had already been used in our wars and skirmishes; (2) that statement effectively affirms that any weapon carried by a single troop (and thus suitable for the Militia) is protected by the 2A. "Need" has nothing to do with it.

flashguy

Exactly.
Did Rosa Parks "need" to sit in the front of the bus?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Enough about the Coward County deputies refusing to do their jobs, here's the story of a real man:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534...n-douglas-hs-attack/

Meet the hero Coral Springs PD cop who ran toward the sound of gunfire, unarmed

Meet Sgt. Jeff Heinrich of the Coral Springs Police Department.

Sgt. Heinrich was off duty and unarmed at the time of the attack last week at Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., but he was on campus watering one of the school’s athletic fields in just shorts and a T-shirt. Sgt. Heinrich’s wife is an assistant athletic director at the school, his son is on the football team.

When he heard the shots — remember now, he’s unarmed — he dropped the hose and ran toward the sound of gunfire where he immediately helped a student who was wounded. Minutes later, he met up with a Coral Springs PD SWAT team member who gave him a vest and a backup weapon and the two of them then entered the school to help clear classrooms.

Get some tissues handy as Sgt. Heinrich gets emotional toward the end when he talks about not knowing if his wife and son were OK while he was busy saving others:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Hero.

Q

Posts: 26374 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Friday that it’s time to discuss what the Second Amendment “means in the modern world” in light of last week’s mass school shooting in Parkland, Florida.

“I don’t understand why civilians need to have access to military weapons. We wouldn’t say you can go out and buy a tank.”

Once again, I challenge her to provide a single example of a member of the US Military carrying an AR-15 into battle. She knows better, but I suppose she's on the cocktail circuit these days and needs those invitations to keep coming.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sgt. Jeff Heinrich

Certainly honored himself and his profession.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Friday that it’s time to discuss what the Second Amendment “means in the modern world” in light of last week’s mass school shooting in Parkland, Florida.

“I don’t understand why civilians need to have access to military weapons. We wouldn’t say you can go out and buy a tank.”

Once again, I challenge her to provide a single example of a member of the US Military carrying an AR-15 into battle. She knows better, but I suppose she's on the cocktail circuit these days and needs those invitations to keep coming.
No, they're carrying full-auto versions of that package and based on the Miller decision, we should all be allowed to, too.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
"I think it is time to have a conversation..."

Whenever I hear that I really want to say: I have guns and you are afraid of them so in the end I get to do whatever I want.

Now fuck off

I need to "inner voice" that... on 11.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Next time I talk to my old college room mate, I'll ask if he can check up on this guy. My friend is a retired B/Gen and may have contacts.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9156 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I was taken aback when I watched and heard the Sheriff's opinions during the Town Hall. Now I realize that we was probably trying to ride the wave of support that the students were getting in order to cover up his ineptitude as a leader. When Dana started questioning him about the 39 calls he tried to deflect by asking for specific cases. Ok, what if the number was half or even 10, would you then admit that you dropped the ball? His head should roll and based on how he tried to play the situation and how those under his command reacted, I hope it does.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Pertinent: LINK

Content at the above link is not well formatted for cutting and pasting a copy here, but the site appears safe, so please visit it and read.

Explains in great detail how local politics and a desire to show improving statistics resulted in the sheriff agreeing not to arrest school age kids. This resulted in the behaviors we see from the SRO and the cowardly deputies.

The sheriff and the local school board need to be charged and jailed.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
I never would have guessed that Condi Rice would do this.

I just lost absolutely all respect for her. Jesus, what drivel.

I lost all respect for this ditzy broad years ago.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
quote:
quote:
We are getting ahead of ourselves here though. First thing we need to do is figure out how to get armed teachers in the schools in the first place. Then we can debate what SOP is.

It's a simple matter (that's relative of course) of the state legislature making it happen. There are already more than one state that allow their teachers and anyone else who is a legal concealed carry permit holder to carry in school.

In VA, for now at least, LEOSA certified retired officers can carry anywhere a sworn officer can carry, including schools.

Until they recognize all ccw holders that right, I'm not impressed.

I am not impressed, either! Just one more phony attempt to convince the unthinking public just how well Virginia follows 2A

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^^ Hero.

Indeed!!!

God bless him and all like him who are willing to put it all on the line to help/save others.

I can not even imagine the thoughts going through his mind regarding his family who were in danger at that moment.

Elk

-Thomas Jefferson

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:

Content at the above link is not well formatted for cutting and pasting a copy here, but the site appears safe, so please visit it and read.

Explains in great detail how local politics and a desire to show improving statistics resulted in the sheriff agreeing not to arrest school age kids. This resulted in the behaviors we see from the SRO and the cowardly deputies.

Shared on my social media...from my own sources and observations, I suspected the corruption and manipulation of local public policies in general existed on a variety of levels but it is unfortunately worse than I ever imagined!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Report This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Sgt. Heinrich above has my utmost respect! God bless you Sir!!!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Report This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
quote:
quote:
We are getting ahead of ourselves here though. First thing we need to do is figure out how to get armed teachers in the schools in the first place. Then we can debate what SOP is.

It's a simple matter (that's relative of course) of the state legislature making it happen. There are already more than one state that allow their teachers and anyone else who is a legal concealed carry permit holder to carry in school.

In VA, for now at least, LEOSA certified retired officers can carry anywhere a sworn officer can carry, including schools.

Until they recognize all ccw holders that right, I'm not impressed.

I am not impressed, either! Just one more phony attempt to convince the unthinking public just how well Virginia follows 2A

I agree that the 2A should be enforced as written, law abiding citizens carry whatever firearm they want, wherever the want.

The above laws appear to have not been changed until 2016, under mcawful, which is surprising and a step in the right direction. Retired law enforcement officers were added. To my reading, that will apply to any retired officer, no matter which state they retired in.

Now that northam is in, who knows if these provisions will remain on the books.

2016 SESSION

CHAPTER 257
An Act to amend and reenact §§ 18.2-287.01, 18.2-287.4, 18.2-308, as it is currently effective and as it shall become effective, 18.2-308.1, and 22.1-277.07 of the Code of Virginia and to amend the Code of Virginia by adding in Article 6.1 of Chapter 7 of Title 18.2 a section numbered 18.2-308.016, relating to retired law-enforcement officers; concealed handguns.
[S 479]
Approved March 7, 2016

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of Virginia:

1. That §§ 18.2-287.01, 18.2-287.4, 18.2-308, as it is currently effective and as it shall become effective, 18.2-308.1, and 22.1-277.07 of the Code of Virginia are amended and reenacted and that the Code of Virginia is amended by adding in Article 6.1 of Chapter 7 of Title 18.2 a section numbered 18.2-308.016 as follows:

2. Any law-enforcement officer, or retired law-enforcement officer pursuant to § 18.2-308.016, wherever such law-enforcement officer may travel in the Commonwealth;

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bi...exe?161+ful+CHAP0257

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
I was taken aback when I watched and heard the Sheriff's opinions during the Town Hall. Now I realize that we was probably trying to ride the wave of support that the students were getting in order to cover up his ineptitude as a leader. When Dana started questioning him about the 39 calls he tried to deflect by asking for specific cases. Ok, what if the number was half or even 10, would you then admit that you dropped the ball? His head should roll and based on how he tried to play the situation and how those under his command reacted, I hope it does.

What I cannot, will not, ever get past is that these officers had at least some tactical training. This fucking kid would have shit his pants if he were suddenly confronted by someone armed.

I’m waiting for the “we didn’t know what we were dealing with” excuse.

Fuck the hell off with that bullshit, boys. That line went out the window with Columbine. Every swinging dick and his mama “knows” the source of gun fire is going to be a single white kid with an AR. It always is.

And people ask me why I “carry” nearly everywhere I go. This is just one more example of acknowledging that I cannot count on the police to protect me.

To add -
I can only try to imagine how frustrated and angry the average LEO is by this story.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:

Unfortunately, our legal system does not provide sufficient punishment for the corrupt criminals that pushed those policies. Cruel and unusual would be insufficient. Mad

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
New official headgear for Broward County Sheriff's Department:

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post