SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pellet Smoker/Grill Owners step inside
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pellet Smoker/Grill Owners step inside Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I'm a n00b at this stuff and don't have experience with the other brands mentioned so take the following with appropriate amounts of dry rub. I'm LOVING the Traeger...YMMV.

I bought a Traeger from Costco. Set it - forget it.
Has the large pellet hopper a stainless fire pot, heat deflector and drip tray. Also has a warming box underneath. Yes, it's only 22" wide but also has an upper rack.
That's more than enough grate space for my home and enough for a party of 6 depending on what you're serving.
(The real price is $699 not $799. Look for "special events" in your area and see if there is a "show" in the store near you coming up)

If you want more smoke flavor in a Traeger, just smoke longer or use higher flavor wood pellets. I smoked a bacon wrapped chicken with mesquite and it was too strong, the Traeger mix at Costco (33# bag for about $20) of maple, hickory and cherry gives a decent amount of flavor without being too overpowering. The last batch of bacon draped chx breasts I smoked for 30 min with pecan then cranked up the heat to finish them off. Killer!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post