SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alzheimer's claimed my wife Friday Evening
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Alzheimer's claimed my wife Friday Evening Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear of her passing, my condolences to you and your family.

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

Posts: 10797 | Location: Mouseville, FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I will add my condolences and prayers to those who preceded me. I'm sure things are difficult for you and the family right now. Death is always hard to handle, but recognition that the departed is no longer suffering can help.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I am bi-sacksual."

Posts: 18604 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
My sympathies to you and your family.

God bless you.

----------------------------------
The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics. - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2057 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Report This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I am sorry. Such an insidious disease. It is as hard on the family as it is the victim.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 21651 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Report This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
My deepest condolences. I lost both my parents to Alzheimer's - my Mom just passed away at the end of Nov. It is a hard way to lose someone.

--
Holding a Karma, check out The Karmanator

"It's a magical world, Hobbes ol' buddy ... let's go exploring!

Posts: 3021 | Location: East of Eden, North of Nod | Registered: December 12, 2002Report This Post
Fortified with Sleestak

Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you all.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 4277 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Report This Post
fugitive from reality
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 5182 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss......

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1285 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

Posts: 1358 | Location: Fountain Inn SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My sympathies to you and your family.

posted Hide Post
My condolences.
Two things we must eradicate:
Alzheimer's and Cancer.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 5147 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
My condolences. That's a terrible disease.

Posts: 20389 | Location: Young American Teen Club | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
So Sorry For Your Loss.
Hospice is a great Help.

My sister just went on Hospice this past week and they are wonderful and caring folks that do a tough job each day.
We Had Hospice with My Mom & Dad and My Mother-in-Law.
They were a great support team.

It sounds like you had a wonderful life with your wife! How Blessed you must feel.

Bless you and your Family.

Most Sincerely.

Donna

Posts: 4028 | Location: DeKalb , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Report This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Terribly sorry for your loss and for the experience you and she both had to endure. God bless.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12482 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
So sorry for your loss. I can't imagine being in your pain.

Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss you sir have been through a lot as all of us who have had family members with Alzheimer's. May your wife Rest In Peace.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 2599 | Location: Black Hills of SD | Registered: October 20, 2009Report This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences on your loss. Alzheimer's is an insidious disease.

Posts: 4775 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Report This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
me and mrs tac are thinking about you both at this minute.

Bless.

tac and mrs tac

Posts: 8374 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Report This Post
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I'm sorry for your loss. My Dad went through Alzheimers. My sister has recognized she's displaying symptoms. Chances are, I'll have one. I'd hate for my wife to have to go through it with me.

Please, please go get tested, the earlier it is caught the better. The meds that are available are quite good for keeping Alzheimer's at bay for a long time. My wife had it for 12 years so I speak from experience.

----------------------------
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man
is a shame, two is a law firm,
and three or more is a congress.
-- John Adams

Posts: 2837 | Location: Tampa Bay Area | Registered: January 29, 2008Report This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
So very sorry for your loss.
I can only imagine the hole in your heart.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Building high performance custom homes on beautiful Smith Mt. Lake, VA
www.PDandM.com

Posts: 3197 | Location: SML & OBX | Registered: February 19, 2013Report This Post