SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alzheimer's claimed my wife Friday Evening
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 12

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Alzheimer's claimed my wife Friday Evening Login/Join 
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted
I lost the love of my life Friday evening. My wife, Linda, passed away around 9:15PM Friday, January 6, from complications of her Alzheimer's. She will be missed but she is in a better place and no longer struggling with pain. Her mom and I were able to be with her in the last few hours of life. The last thing I told her was I loved her and it was okay to let go. She actually reacted to what I said and I'm so grateful that she heard me.

The greatest joy for me was being together on the boat in the Bahamas for 5 wonderful and glorious years. What a great time we had and we did it when we were young enough to have enjoyed it!!

My wife had been declining rapidly in the last few months, her motor skills were all but gone. She no longer could walk and could only with assistance or tolerate solid foods. One of the last things to go was her ability to swallow, no oral meds or even liquids.

Hospice was great, my wife was struggling for breath but the nursing staff could only administer small amounts of morphine which simply was not enough. When hospice took over her care they were able to give her enough to make her significantly
more comfortable, it made her passing much easier.

----------------------------
In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man
is a shame, two is a law firm,
and three or more is a congress.
-- John Adams

Posts: 2837 | Location: Tampa Bay Area | Registered: January 29, 2008Report This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Prayers and Sorrow for your loss, hope you can find some peace.

Posts: 819 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Report This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of sig 226
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your wife and your family. My condolences.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2046 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Report This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss, your family is in our prayers

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 9594 | Location: The Temecula Valley | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss.

Remember those years on the boat.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
My condolences, Sir.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6132 | Location: S.W. Virginia - Central Kentucky | Registered: March 18, 2011Report This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Hospice is an absolute blessing. My sincerest condolences on the loss of your wife. If there is something we can do, please don't hesitate to ask.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

#CNNblackmail

Posts: 4353 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing with us a little bit about your lovely wife.

I'm glad she's finally at peace. God bless you both.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Endowment)
Family, Guns, Country

"My guns are always loaded."
~R.G. Justified

What whiskey will not cure, there is no cure.

Posts: 17290 | Location: Out of Jersey, Into Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your wife. What you wrote is a notice to us to take advantage of "now". My condolences.

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 76 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you.

ARman

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss. She's in a much better place now. I'm so happy you got a moment of clarity to say you love her and goodbye.

You will be in my prayers tonight.

Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others

Posts: 9456 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss. May her memory always be for a blessing.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 17669 | Registered: February 22, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers and positive thoughts for all involved.

Posts: 4783 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Report This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for you great loss. My condolences.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 3611 | Location: Northern Panhandle WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry, Jim! My deepest condolences!

Posts: 33377 | Location: NW Indiana | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
my condolences.

I'm glad she is no longer suffering and at peace

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 4558 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for your loss, Alzheimer's is such a horrible disease. Prayers for you and your family.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 25793 | Location: TN/KY | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

posted Hide Post
Terrible disease, enjoy the memories of the many good times you had together.

Posts: 1967 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Report This Post