SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alternatives to Acrobat for PDF editing?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alternatives to Acrobat for PDF editing? Login/Join 
posted
Anyone have some suggestions for an alternative to Acrobat for PDF editing that doesn't break the bank and is easy to use? Many thanks in advance.

Posts: 339 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I've used PDF Expert for several years now and have been pretty happy with it.

Posts: 20084 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of btgoanna
posted Hide Post
Power PDF by Nuance works well

Posts: 832 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btgoanna:

The Win10 upgrades at work included Nuance. It works fine for me, but I'm not a heavy editor of .pdf files either.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I’ve been a heavy Acrobat user for years. What I would like is the old Acrobat GUI and half the features. I need editing and OCR commenting.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
On the Mac, PDFPen, or PDFPenPro if you need form support.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Select all, copy all, and paste into a Pages document?

Sometimes I lose all formatting but then 'make text plain' and start all over again.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
If you have access to Microsoft Office, just right click on the pdf and choose 'Open With' and select Word. If it's a regular pdf you can edit and save it in pdf format. You can save any word document in pdf format with Word as well.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by btgoanna:

I've converted many clients and sold many copies of this over the pricey Adobe product > Nuance PDF Power Standard .
VERY reasonable by comparison without any pitfalls that I can see.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use pdf annotator. Works very well.

Posts: 905 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
If you're a student with access to a .edu email address acrobat pro can be had for cheap (~$150)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post