Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Voted Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I did, but unless something drastically changes here, it was fruitless.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Gonna go drop off my ballot right now. I miss getting the little sticker, they don't give those out anymore here.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Gonna go drop off my ballot right now. I miss getting the little sticker, they don't give those out anymore here.

Yeah damn it. I want my sticker. Since my county went to all mail-in ballots years ago I haven't got one.

I'm flying home this evening. I'll be dropping off my ballot sometime tomorrow on election day.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Got the sticker. We're doing paper ballots with a reader. We had no line in "our" new consolidated location but the 'other' line was around the block. Lots of first-time voters in PJs and flip flops. I've a feeling a horde of unregistered voters will discover they cannot vote. Registration deadline in PA: Oct. 19

BIG shout out to the Acme for donating 5 boxes of donuts to the poll workers. I was in and out of Acme in a few minutes, no hesitation from the manager. Fresh, from the merchandiser, choice selections.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My wife and I got in line at our polling place at 6:45am, already a dozen people ahead of us. At opening, 70 folks in line. When we left the polling room, there were more people in line. A couple of poll workers were saying "it is going to be a busy day". My county is heavily red.

Tried to use my concealed carry permit as ID, but it was a hassle, lady would have to enter my information manually, so I gave her my DL and she scanned the bar code on the back and voila, all of my info checked out. Printed me an access code and receipt, got a paper ballot, inserted into the machine, entered my code. Voted on a touchpad screen, verified my final selections, then printed out the ballot to scan in another machine for the final tally. Got my oval sticker.

This should be the way we do elections nationally.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Vo. Ted.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Voted. Was the 17th to do so in my precinct.

Got in line at 06:30. Line was already out the building and half-way along the walkway leading up to the entrance. By the time the polls opened the line was down to the end of that walkway, along that side of the building, around the corner and half-way to the other end of the building.

Should have been out by 07:15, but, due to the two critical poll workers responsible for verifying voter registration not showing up: I didn't finish until 07:45.

(Those two who took the training, committed to be there, and no-showed should be flogged.)

By the time I got out the line was all the way to the other end of the front of the building.

I have never seen the polls so busy in the twenty-eight years I've been voting in my precinct.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Voted. We may not flip Commiefornia, but I’ll bet the popular vote margin is a lot tighter this time.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Voted early last week. 10 minutes in and out.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Voted. Arrived at 7:00am exactly, there were estimated 200 people in line ahead of me. Line moved fairly smoothly and with no issues; was back in the car on the way into work at 8:15.

I have voted at the same location for my entire voting life, have never seen a line of more than 5-6 people before. Also, the voting has always been done with electronic machines, and you got a paper stub when done with confirmation that your vote was cast. I walk in and they check my name on the voter roll (with my Driver's License, see, is that so hard?) and then hand me a paper sheet with each of the 5 or 6 offices and candidates that are eligible for votes. I will say that EVERY office, Democrat candidate was first, then Republican, then Libertarian, any other party and then a space for a write-in candidate at the bottom of the block. Can't be "D" before "R" because "L"ibertarian was listed after Republican on every list. Had to fill in a circle with a blue ink pen next to a candidate and then move to a scanner that scanned the sheet when I fed it in, it just then confirmed that the scan was successful, but I got no confirmation stub with this process.

Local Township Democrats had a table ooutside the door; paid girl was asking people if they would complete an exit poll. She didn't bother asking me. If she had, I would not have done it anyway.

Posts: 215 | Location: Western PA | Registered: March 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
I got in line at my polling location at 0550 hrs and was probably around number 50 or 60 in line. The doors opened at 0600, I was inside by 0610, had my ballot by 0615, and was out the door by 0620.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted. Took about an hour, but the precinct moved people in and out pretty efficiently. Good turnout for our area.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
I voted. My precinct had about 100 people in line when it opened. When I was leaving, the line had doubled.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
Voted - <10 minutes in and out.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Voted. Went with the wife, she cancelled out my vote, surprised she voted.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Voted.
I've been living in this neighborhood for 15 years, I've never seen so many people at my polling place before.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1903 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigs are
my Panacea...
Picture of billpocz
posted Hide Post
Voted at 6:05 this AM.

BUT, a better story:

My father-in-law is 68 and has not ever voted in his life. He was at poll this morning before me with my MIL. He said that there was no way he was going to let Biden win... Amazing!

--- Sig 365, 365XL, 245, P6

Posts: 2001 | Location: Rural Northeastern KY | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Voted, and 84.15% of Collier county has as well so far, and the number is increasing. Rep 2 to 1 Dem.

if all of FL is similar it would be perfect.
https://www.colliervotes.com/2...020-General-Election

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Voted about an hour ago. Not much of a line in my neck of the woods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Pretty decent turnout at my polling place but the line is moving steadily; we are distancing all around a huge parking lot haha.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post